Advertised On Redlands Freecycle---disgusting Attitude! Poor Dogs

Boronia

"Hi we have 2 beautiful Siberian Huskys that need new homes we are selling our house and really dont have the time anymore for them and we really need our back yard back... You MUST have a fully fenced yard this breed love to dig and can jump they are a magnificant breed but you really need to walk them every day and they dont like small animals they dont mind children but i wouldnt trust them alone with any child under 10 they would be better kept together as they do spend a lot of time playing together, they like the dog runs as well, they are not desexed and we have only had them for around 2 mths the girl is 2 yrs and the boy is 3 they are both black and white and the boy has bi eyes blue and brown and the girl has party eyes blue and blue/brown you really must know how to handle this breed and what to expect or you may not be able to keep them please do your research first before applying to have them i will not be giving them to just the first to reply i need to know you can properly home them so please tell me about your situation anyway hope to hear from you soon Cath"

Edited by Boronia

Hi we have 2 beautiful Siberian Huskys that need new homes we are selling our house and really dont have the time anymore for them and we really need our back yard back... You MUST have a fully fenced yard this breed love to dig and can jump they are a magnificant breed but you really need to walk them every day and they dont like small animals they dont mind children but i wouldnt trust them alone with any child under 10 they would be better kept together as they do spend a lot of time playing together, they like the dog runs as well, they are not desexed and we have only had them for around 2 mths the girl is 2 yrs and the boy is 3 they are both black and white and the boy has bi eyes blue and brown and the girl has party eyes blue and blue/brown you really must know how to handle this breed and what to expect or you may not be able to keep them please do your research first before applying to have them i will not be giving them to just the first to reply i need to know you can properly home them so please tell me about your situation anyway hope to hear from you soon Cath

Apart from not desexing, she seems a lot more particular about their placement compared to 80% of the others in those types of sites. I have posted in the Cocker thread with something similar just today, Tis the season to be awful of course.

Apart from not desexing, she seems a lot more particular about their placement compared to 80% of the others in those types of sites. I have posted in the Cocker thread with something similar just today, Tis the season to be awful of course.

I agree.

Hi we have 2 beautiful Siberian Huskys that need new homes we are selling our house and really dont have the time anymore for them and we really need our back yard back... You MUST have a fully fenced yard this breed love to dig and can jump they are a magnificant breed but you really need to walk them every day and they dont like small animals they dont mind children but i wouldnt trust them alone with any child under 10 they would be better kept together as they do spend a lot of time playing together, they like the dog runs as well, they are not desexed and we have only had them for around 2 mths the girl is 2 yrs and the boy is 3 they are both black and white and the boy has bi eyes blue and brown and the girl has party eyes blue and blue/brown you really must know how to handle this breed and what to expect or you may not be able to keep them please do your research first before applying to have them i will not be giving them to just the first to reply i need to know you can properly home them so please tell me about your situation anyway hope to hear from you soon Cath

Wow...

So they have had these 2 dogs for 2 months and in those 8-9 weeks they have discovered they do not have the time for the dogs and that they would rather have 'their backyard back'

I hope these dogs find a suitable place to live...poor dogs :D

I find people unbelievable. How they can just ditch a dog/s, because it is an inconvenience "we want our backyard back".......i just think of my beautiful Annabelle and Tobias, they were an inconvenience to someone.

Maybe these two will also get lucky and find a forever home

mmm wouldn't you know that two months ago before you got the dogs. I wonder what their history is, maybe they were doing someone a favour by taking them and found them to be too much.

Poor poor doggies, I hope they find a wonderful loving home.

" ... we are selling our house and really dont have the time anymore for them and we really need our back yard back...

... you really must know how to handle this breed and what to expect or you may not be able to keep them please do your research first before applying to have them

... i need to know you can properly home them so please tell me about your situation anyway hope to hear from you soon Cath"

Pt 1. It's good to know they have their priorities sorted, have mastered time management, and feel close to the soil where they might be more comfortable.

Pt 2 Unlike them of course who didn't know how to handle this breed, or knew what to expect, or did their research before taking them home.

Pt 3 How are they going to recognise a good home when their own standards are so impoverished?

There is more to that add than meets the eye IMO. They've invested in dog runs but don't want dogs. The dogs are an opposite sex pair, old enough for mating. The eye colours are marketable particularly in potential offspring.

You Sibe guys should do more than 'rescue'. You need to get your detective caps on.

Good Luck

May seem heartless & not impressive only having the dogs for 2 months but we don't know the story behind how or why they got these dogs. The ad is honest in respect of letting people know what to expect & about the dogs generally & they seem particular about the home.

Some ads for dogs just don't give a damn, its just take the dog away & they will lie to get rid of it.

Typical is poodles & all poodle crosses are allergy free, only need a shave every year or so, don't mind living in the back yard & being alone all day & other such garbage.

This ad may not be "nice" but it's honest & tries to make the buyer aware.

I have sent her a link to NSW Husky rescue...perhaps they can point her in the right direction and suggest a solution to re-homing that doesn't involve being conned by unscrupulous byb's or puppy factories.

Can anyone here suggest a rescue-type-solution that I can pass onto her?

I have sent her a link to NSW Husky rescue...perhaps they can point her in the right direction and suggest a solution to re-homing that doesn't involve being conned by unscrupulous byb's or puppy factories.

If she cant afford to desex them, suggest selling them to cover the work and send her a link to some puppy factories and some good priced vets.. A few morons in vic and QLD like to x our breeds and more often than not they end up being given away or sold before 12 months and so the cycle continues.

It would be productive to have "Cath" contact the people she got the dogs from and let them know their role in this debacle.

You never know, Cath might realise what she's done wrong.

Ok Chewbacca,thanks, I did that...sent them the Pet Rescue & RSPCA (yes them!) puppy factory/farm links, and also sent her your suggestion regarding de-sexing.

Pewithers... I didn't suggest to Cath that she contact the people she bought/got/ them from as I reckon that they may have been glad to see the back of them.

Edited by Boronia

The ad is not really painting the dogs in a good light. The only potential plus I can see (for bybers, puppy farmers etc) is that the dogs are not desexed and of breeding age.

Otherwise, they sound like nightmare dogs- destroyed the backyard, don't ;like small animals, escape artists, iffy with kids....

I also think it is a bit rich of her to state that you really need to know what you're in for etc, when clearly she didn't. However, at least she is being honest.

I hope they find good homes and are desexed.

I do worry about puppy farmers and bybs getting their hands on them as many of these know all the right answers that people want to hear, and make themselves sound great when the reality is the opposite :)

:)

I have very little problem with this ad. In fact, I find it refreshingly honest.

I have seen too many dogs in unsuitable homes and many were simply a recipe for a disaster often because people either didnt listen properly or thought that they could overcome some of the difficulties that might face them.

Cath wants these dogs to go to people who know what the dogs are capable of and understand the dogs needs.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that something has not worked out for you. I find it refreshingly honest.

De-sexing needs to be done. Apart from that, I honestly wish there were more advertisers like Cath who put some realism into their advertisements and did not allow dogs to go to people who would be getting rid of the dog in just a few months for the same reasons that Cath has found.

Dogs in unsuitable homes end up in pounds.

The dumpage rate might be lower if more people told the truth about what happens when dogs are in the wrong place.

Souff

I am not really having a problem with the advert either. She has only had them for 2 months so IMO isn't the 'dog dumper' that would be the previous owners. We have no idea how she came to have the dogs.

Sounds like she might have bitten off more then she can chew.

What she hasn't done is take the easy out and dump the dogs at the RSPCA. So for that good on her.

You have a point Souff & JulesP, I think the reason I was shocked is that the ad was on the 'Freecycle' site which is for people to give away items that they think may be useful to others, rather than take them to the dump.

i agree. if only some breeders were so careful about who buys their dogs.