Urgent - Council Closing Pets Haven - Victoria

Annie99

I have just received the startling news that our friends at Pet's Haven Animal Shelter have been closed down by their local council. If anyone is in a position to assist them with temporary foster care for a cat or dog please contact them immediately.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just received the startling news that our friends at Pet's Haven Animal Shelter have been closed down by their local council. If anyone is in a position to assist them with temporary foster care for a cat or dog please contact them immediately.

What reason did the council give for closing them down?

So how do we find out officially why they have decided to take action?

I dont want to either support or not support without adequate official information of what happened and why

Agree. There is another thread running in rescue too. It seems they were given written notice to comply with regulations about running as a shelter and they claim to have not received this written notice?

Too much happens behind the scenes for me to ever support PH. They act like they're constantly victimised - there's a reason why they always get audited.

Victimisation by Council???

Maybe the big players in the puppy farm world are not happy with recent protests.

I am sure you will agree BIG $$ (or even little business) such as council go hand in hand.

Too much happens behind the scenes for me to ever support PH. They act like they're constantly victimised - there's a reason why they always get audited.

Maybe the big players in the puppy farm world are not happy with recent protests.

I am sure you will agree BIG $$ (or even little business) such as council go hand in hand.

What do the puppy farmers have to fear ? they are the one's with the big council approved sheds, approved for large numbers and paying councils the $$ to operate.

Conspiracy theory anyone ?

What do the puppy farmers have to fear ? they are the one's with the big council approved sheds, approved for large numbers and paying councils the $$ to operate.

You got the bit about paying $$$$ to council to operate right. What about the times council have approved inappropriate places that were horror puppy farms?

You got the bit about paying $$$$ to council to operate right. What about the times council have approved inappropriate places that were horror puppy farms?

and this has what to do with PH being shut down ?

It's a bit of a long stretch of the imagination, to think that the puppy farmers ( who are council approved and operating with councils blessing) would be worried about a few animal rights activists, running around with banners.

I agree, I didn't like what I saw.

Maybe if she followed the codes of practice for shelters and didn't hide everything, the council & DPI wouldn't be after her..

Edited by MavericksMission

You know I was thinking the same thing MsJames. I don't think the Council wants to deliberately shut them down....there's more to this than is being told I reckon.

Interestingly, a few years ago, before Trish got the shelter started the Council removed the van that had been donated to the Ranger who was doing all of the pet rescues and stopped rescue in its tracks in the area. Wasn't long after that that PH shelter got itself going....not sure why the council does this to rescue.....