Urgent - Council Closing Pets Haven - Victoria

Annie99

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she wants to be contacted via Email rather than Facebook. Big deal!

Every shelter I know has animals in FOSTER HOMES. It is nothing unusual at all. Hardly "hiding" them

The reality is that there are more animals than homes for them so people doing rescue work do their bit to help each other.

It seems like this thread is mostly filled with nasty people with no community spirit.

The way some of you have responded makes me wonder if you are puppy farmers.

Every shelter I know has animals in FOSTER HOMES. It is nothing unusual at all. Hardly "hiding" them

The reality is that there are more animals than homes for them so people doing rescue work do their bit to help each other.

It seems like this thread is mostly filled with nasty people with no community spirit.

can you not see that PH must comply with regulations and if it repeatedly doesn't then it is doing the wrong thing by the dogs?

and don't you realise that your insults are doing nothing to endear anyone to your cause?

Yes, were all puppy farmers because we don't agree with your comments. FFS.

If you are any representation of the mentality of PH, they are better off closed.

PH has been closed down for breaching rules (and have been in plenty of hot water in the past) how bloody hard is it for you lot to get that through your head? There is no discrimination. When you have a temporary permit and you go way over the limit of animals allowed, thats what happens!!

If you can't play by the rules, don't play at all.

when you run a shelter you must declare ALL animals for an audit. Because if your foster carers cannot look after them where will they go? Pillar to post to someone else not experienced just so they are 'alive'? I have no problems with rescue, hell I do it myself when I can because every animal deserves a chance. But you need to make sure you work within the law or you can't save any of them.

You are kidding right?

Now that is nasty - accusing rescuers and people who support rescuers of being puppy farmers because we have an opinion. WTF? :(

And I do not agree that there are more animals than there are homes for - there are plenty of good homes out there - it just takes time to find them, unless ofcoarse you're in a race to get them in one door and out the other.

And I do have community spirit especially where animal welfare is concerned - that's why this is so upsetting - I am thinking of the many cats and dogs who are left in limbo now - their futures uncertain. Thanks yet again to human negligence. ;)

to start shuffling them around out of phblic view during a council investigation IS hiding them.

to start shuffling them around out of phblic view during a council investigation IS hiding them.

As you know the council came without warning.

The fostering was taking place before the council came along as I am sure you know.

The fostering was taking place before the council came along as I am sure you know.

She was given warning.. A letter & 2 phone calls..

She was given warning.. A letter & 2 phone calls..

That is not the information I have. I am talking about the recent visit yesterday.

I am rather disturbed that my 11 year old came home today telling me he'd been asked at school to sign a petition to keep Pets Haven open.

Since when were minors able to sign petitions - given the requirement of full knowledge and disclosure prior to making such decisions?

Sags

I am rather disturbed that my 11 year old came home today telling me he'd been asked at school to sign a petition to keep Pets Haven open.

Since when were minors able to sign petitions - given the requirement of full knowledge and disclosure prior to making such decisions?

Sags

I would be too.

Sags

I would be too.

me too i would be talking to the governing body especially if they follow the proper petition rules and get the minor's address as well as their signature

He actually was quite serious about the whole thing and wouldn't sign, having probably heard me talk in the past about dogs that our customers have from there that came to their home with kennel cough. And others, some that he personally knows through school, that were entirely unsuitable for the owners. I hope this can all be sorted, for the sake of the living creatures involved.

Sags

Iv been reading through the pets haven threads and have found that they were shut down for having more animals than their permit allows. This seems to be the only fact in circulation, but its been extrapolated by some as meaning that the animals are being mistreated, overcrowded, rehomed expediently and inappropriately etc. Are there other FACTS to support these charges? Iv read a lot of speculation and hearsay but not many facts.

Plenty of councils have a 2 dog limit (for example) in homes - would we extrpolate then, that if someone had say, four dogs, or even 6 dogs then this MUST mean that the dogs are neglected, overcrowded, poorly managed etc? I think not. We all know Councils can be imperfect in their manmagement of dog related issues, so maybe we should give PH the benefit of the doubt until FACTS show they are as bad as some are assuming they must be.