Pork Pies Or Lies The General Public Tell Us

freundhund

This must come up a lot but don't think it's been mentioned here yet...

My friends' 6 yo pet Golden Retriever is clearly gay, he only ever tries to hump male dogs :thumbsup:

And he's not desexed because they think he'd be unhappy not having his manhood, but it doesn't matter because he's gay so he wouldn't mate with a girl dog anyway :confused:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my BC was about 4 months old we had family come over...

"Aww I didn't know they bred them in miniture?!"

"Umm.. 'they' don't. Anyway, she's only a puppy."

"Oh but she won't grow anymore!"

Another time at my Aunt/Uncle's place.

"How old is she?"

"12 weeks."

"She won't get any bigger."

:thumbsup: Was there a reason no one thought my puppy would grow!! :confused:

Walking my greyhound down the street, on lead with no muzzle, I overheard some young people (older teens) commenting to each other about my dog.

"What is it?"

"Oh, one of those racing dogs, they're really vicious."

As they walk their pitbull type dog - I would have thought they would have been sick of breed assumptions. I called them over and we had a little talk. Their dog was a sweetie.

I've mentioned this in another thread but it still baffles me.

A guy told me my red smithy was actually a dingo and that I mustve docked her. When I denied this he argued the point. Yep that's right, I mustve forgotten docking my dingo.

I had a lady in the street tell me my STD Poo was actually a labradoodle, I tried telling her he is a pedigree STD poo but she was adamant the breeder lied to me. She told me poodles grow "pompoms" and don't have a long coat (he was in a puppy show clip)......I'm a groomer, I really should know these things! Lol!

Poodles grow pom-poms??? ;) :) Damn, all you poodle people must be breeding them wrong. Just imagine all that grooming time you could save :laugh:

I had a lady tell me her undersized sheltie was a mini sheltie. Told her that no, she was just undersized & there is no such thing as a mini sheltie. Yes there was as she got it from a breeder. She was adamant so I just let it go.

We were all at a pet expo once and had mostly sable shelties along with a pretty little blue merle puppy. Was asked if she would change colour to be like the other dogs when she got older :D

And he's not desexed because they think he'd be unhappy not having his manhood, but it doesn't matter because he's gay so he wouldn't mate with a girl dog anyway :laugh:

This nearly made me spit my Coke all over the computer screen ;) :D

And he's not desexed because they think he'd be unhappy not having his manhood, but it doesn't matter because he's gay so he wouldn't mate with a girl dog anyway :laugh:

You can get fakies so your dog doesn't feel unhappy about losing his manhood now, saw them in a magazine ;), someone is making a fortune out of other peoples stupidity me thinks :D.

Danielle, my boss, also a groomer, had someone tell her Dior, purebred STD Poodle, was a labradoodle & felt sorry that she'd been ripped off :).

Read this thread.

Went to the pub.

Listened to 'When I bred Rottweilers, man, they used to range from 13kgs to 18kgs tops.''

So conversation goes something like this.

'I'd love a staffy.'

'Yeah, they're great dogs.'

'My friend's got a big staffy man, ace looking dog.'

'Staffies aren't supposed to be big you know. If it's the size of a labrador it's not really a staffy.'

'Oh yeah, I know man like, people don't realise that about dogs, you know when I bred Rottweilers, man, they used to range from 13kgs to 18kgs tops.'

'...18kgs? For an adult Rottweiler?'

'Yeah man coz when you show them, like, you're supposed to be able to see the ribs.'

'At 18kgs you'd be able to see more than their ribs. There's no way you bred 18kg adult Rottweilers.'

'What man? Yeah I did!'

/calls 8mth bull I arab pup out from under picnic bench where he's snoozing: 'This is my dog, he's 8 months old, he's 26kgs. Were your rottweilers bigger than him?'

'He's 26kgs but?'

'Yes, he's 26kgs.'

'Oh right okay, maybe I meant 28kgs.'

'...'

'What's that look for?'

'You never bred a Rottweiler in your life, did you.'

Read this thread.

Went to the pub.

Listened to 'When I bred Rottweilers, man, they used to range from 13kgs to 18kgs tops.''

So conversation goes something like this.

'I'd love a staffy.'

'Yeah, they're great dogs.'

'My friend's got a big staffy man, ace looking dog.'

'Staffies aren't supposed to be big you know. If it's the size of a labrador it's not really a staffy.'

'Oh yeah, I know man like, people don't realise that about dogs, you know when I bred Rottweilers, man, they used to range from 13kgs to 18kgs tops.'

'...18kgs? For an adult Rottweiler?'

'Yeah man coz when you show them, like, you're supposed to be able to see the ribs.'

'At 18kgs you'd be able to see more than their ribs. There's no way you bred 18kg adult Rottweilers.'

'What man? Yeah I did!'

/calls 8mth bull I arab pup out from under picnic bench where he's snoozing: 'This is my dog, he's 8 months old, he's 26kgs. Were your rottweilers bigger than him?'

'He's 26kgs but?'

'Yes, he's 26kgs.'

'Oh right okay, maybe I meant 28kgs.'

'...'

'What's that look for?'

'You never bred a Rottweiler in your life, did you.'

18kgs eeeeeeeppppp those rottis wouldn't of been able to stand never heard it that way lol alway sthe 80kg or bigger

I've been repeatedly told my adolescent afghan is a labradoodle! They have one just like it.

"Oh aren't Afghans born with a long coat?". Said with a totally straight face.

I can't wait to here what people say about Zac, my new Wolfhound puppy. :(

I came home after being out, to find a message on the answer machine saying we wanted to drop off our dogs to the pound or something(Hmm I don't own a pound)

They think my female lab mix is very big for her mix, I been told she Great Dane, Mastiff(She does have a big wide head), Rottweiler-(She about the size of female rottweiler)

Havanese have been in Australia for 10 yrs, but try telling that to the public (especially at Royals). They ALL had one when they were kids LOL. Some even have one right now that is EXACTLY like mine, and they produce a photo of a shih x malt with a short snout, chrondodysplasia and buggy eyes. I try not to show how offended I am :(

Havanese have been in Australia for 10 yrs, but try telling that to the public (especially at Royals). They ALL had one when they were kids LOL. Some even have one right now that is EXACTLY like mine, and they produce a photo of a shih x malt with a short snout, chrondodysplasia and buggy eyes. I try not to show how offended I am :(

:) Aussies have been in Aust for a bit over 20 years now but I still get told by 40+ year olds that they had one as a kid or so-and-so had one. I think they must have meant Coolies... Even after explaining the differences between the two breeds.