Pork Pies Or Lies The General Public Tell Us

freundhund

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you own a GSD or Rottie, you get sick and tired of people and the Media telling you why you shouldn't own one. :(

People who have never owned these wonderful breeds come out with some really crazy and unbelievable lies :heart: like Rotties have something wrong with their brain and can suddenly snap and attack you.

Rotties are hard to handle and control, can't be trusted with kids and are too Dominant to be a family pet.

The R$PCA's Hugh Wirthless claims "If you have a young family, you should never own a Rottweiler". :grouphug:

GSD's also can't be trusted and will turn on you and the kids. :grouphug::grouphug:

If the same lies are told offen and long enough, then people will start to believe them just like the Pollies do. :D

Okay, so you all know that the darker the GSD (or in some cases any breed of dog) are more savage. Black dogs are the savagest of all. (This does appear to be a central European myth though)

And I must admit to telling people that I have GSD's, and that GSD's don't bite only Alsations do!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging head in shame but I do get frustrated with the stupidity of the General public.

Ummmm...what about porky pies we tell the public 'cos we have just about had it with ignorance?

Picture this...Royal Show, years ago you were on display all day for a very long day...(still on display but not such a long day these days). You ate your lunch feeling like an exhibit in the zoo.

Anyway, to set the scene - a group pf Pug exhibitors wearily perched on their folding chairs, a few had had a celebratory drink or two, it is early evening. Pugs were not that well known in the 60's and 70s and all day we have had comments like "Oh, look, little bulldogs!" "Smooth coated pekes, are they?" "oh, don't they look [insert inane adjective here]" etc.etc.etc.

One breeder, when asked for the umpteenth time "Oh, how do you get their faces so flat?" lost it. She put down her glass of white and said with a perfectly straight face "Well, when they are born we take a puppy in one hand and a good solid housebrick in the other..." and mimed a smashing action. "Ah, yes, that's right! Takes a good steady hand too" said one know-it-all in the crowd, nodding wisely. We all just totally cracked up! :):):):eek:

So norty I know...but god it was funny!

Okay, so you all know that the darker the GSD (or in some cases any breed of dog) are more savage. Black dogs are the savagest of all. (This does appear to be a central European myth though)

And I must admit to telling people that I have GSD's, and that GSD's don't bite only Alsations do!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging head in shame but I do get frustrated with the stupidity of the General public.

:) Have lost count of the times I have been told that my pedigree GSD isn't actually a GSD ...".it is one of those Alsations coz it has a long coat " :)

Some of my favorites have come listening to Joe Public at the Royal:

Those poor dogs don't get fed, they are so underweight they must be starved (Cavaleirs going round the ring).

Your dog looks just like the Finnish Lapphund we just saw, must have the same breeding. (Black tri Australian Shepherd)

Thats a Dingo X or thats a Fox X (Shiba Inu).

We got rid of our dog because it mated with the dog up the road and is no longer pure bred.

I have a purebred ........oodle at home.

On telling someone to be careful with their kids rushing up to benched showdogs, "It's ok their showdogs they don't bite". Mmm I know a few judeges that could tell them differently.

"SHOW DOGS GET DIRTY!!!" What do they think we do with our dogs inbetween shows, put them away in a cupboard to keep them clean and stop them being a dog.

You can't trust a light eyed dog, they will turn on you first chance they get.

When you tell someone your dog is an Australian Shepherd, they give you a look of pity and tell you you have a Border Collie X and you have been dubed. So enjoy telling them that is why she is an Australian Champion and procede to educate them about the breed.

And one from another showie waiting in a group lineup, on an Australian Shepherd with a tail and in the process of growing coat back, "Oh look, they even have a cut line marked where the tail should be docked."

:):) I do love this one!

one of my favourites....

had my grown up niece and her partner over when my girl was just home - about 10 weeks of age. They loved her. After watching her run - they commented - "She's running in a straight line, not going sideways at all. I thought puppies all ran sideways - my friends dogs (designer things) all do."

We had a chat about good conformation at that point.