Endurance Test 2011 Thread

You could rent the other out as a handler to someone else too :)))))

M

LOL, they'd love that. But they are brothers and it could get a bit competitive!

I'd rather do it myself if I can, I think it would be very rewarding. But the option of handing off for one leg is a good one.

Edited by Diva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IM DOING IT WITH JONES THIS YEAR AND MEGS NEXT, BUT I AM FROM THE QUEENSLAND CONTINGENT :-)

I believe the QLD Et's are held in Mackay, Kingaroy and Ipswich. Not sure if any of these are close to you.

M

YEH ITS NOT FAR FROM ME AT ALL I LIVE IN IPPI. THERES ONE ON THE NORTH SIDE AS WELL. THE BIKE THING DOESNT WORRY ME AT ALL. IF I COULD FINISH THEN GO BACK TO THE START AND TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DOG I WOULD:-)

On your keyboard; to the left hand side usually next to your A key is the caps lock key.

Yours seems to be on. :)

IM DOING IT WITH JONES THIS YEAR AND MEGS NEXT, BUT I AM FROM THE QUEENSLAND CONTINGENT :-)

I believe the QLD Et's are held in Mackay, Kingaroy and Ipswich. Not sure if any of these are close to you.

M

YEH ITS NOT FAR FROM ME AT ALL I LIVE IN IPPI. THERES ONE ON THE NORTH SIDE AS WELL. THE BIKE THING DOESNT WORRY ME AT ALL. IF I COULD FINISH THEN GO BACK TO THE START AND TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DOG I WOULD:-)

On your keyboard; to the left hand side usually next to your A key is the caps lock key.

Yours seems to be on. :)

PROBLEM BEING? YOU CANT READ ENGLISH IN ALL CAPITALS.

PROBLEM BEING? YOU CANT READ ENGLISH IN ALL CAPITALS.

Sandra64 - it's just that in general internet politeness, using all capitals is regarded as shouting, and therefore seen as somewhat impolite, to say the least.

So Parkeyre was just giving you a gentle heads up about that.

Okay well I have spent an hour in the rain, walking the Diva, I wore my pedometer(I read the instructions and set it properly) and check out a 5 kilometer walk on Google. Yes it took me an hour to walk the 5 kilometre's. The Diva is trying now to convince the rest of the family she hasn't been on a walk as yet.

Yours truely is collapsed in a chair. because normally our exercise program is a walk to the park, lots of ball throwing and my son biking her for me.

I now think I should be in the loosing weight for 2011 thread not in the ET thread, accept I think I am now going to be doing both.

Can anyone tell me as I get fitter will I be able to walk quicker thus further in an hour. Bike is still in the practising stage daughter has told me that there is no occasion whatsoever that I can wear bikeshorts, that they are a complete fashion no, no. :):laugh: :D

I haven't mentioned the naked :D factor I think 23 year old daughter was already muttering, my mother is mad, my mother is mad, she should be in the funny farm :eek::cry: :D

Can anyone tell me as I get fitter will I be able to walk quicker thus further in an hour. Bike is still in the practising stage daughter has told me that there is no occasion whatsoever that I can wear bikeshorts, that they are a complete fashion no, no. :D :rofl: :D

I haven't mentioned the naked :cheer: factor I think 23 year old daughter was already muttering, my mother is mad, my mother is mad, she should be in the funny farm ;) :( ;)

Yes, you will be able to walk quicker and further, and probably not collapse in a heap when you finish.

With regular excercise it is amazing how quickly your body can learn to cope. As you increase the regularity of your training it will become easier.

I live at the top of a big hill and being on holidays from work since Christmas have cycled (in lycra!!) most mornings about 45 - 50 kilometres. It is amazing how easy that final hill to home has become.

M

Ummmmmmm did mention that I am now expecting him to wear a pair of bike shorts :o:):rofl::rofl: as well and we will be going shopping for them later in the week.

I guess now is not a good time to tell him about cyclists also shaving their legs to avoid injury when crashing!

M

Hey i didnt notice a age limit or minimum for dogs competing in the endurance test ? is there one ?? and it there any limitation in breed?

It's all outlined in the rules

Dogs must be from 2 years to 7 years inclusive. So once they turn 8, they can no longer do the ET.

There are no breed limitations so long as they are fit enough to do the test. It's obviously much harder for smaller dogs, but it is possible.

Edited by TerraNik

I am a cycling nut. cycling 20km at 10-15km/hr is very slow, don't really need cycling specific lycra. There are also mountain biking cycling shorts that look like normal shorts if you need to wear one. Many years ago when I started cycling, I cycle for 10mins got sored & went home. The next week I extended to 15mins etc. It took me about a months before I could cycle 20km.

I have 5 -6 mth Lab, he is just begining to walk well. Last week end I introduced him to the bike, I push when there's an uphill/downhill section and just pedal very slowly along the flats. He took to it very well...saves my knees.

I am a cycling nut. cycling 20km at 10-15km/hr is very slow, don't really need cycling specific lycra. There are also mountain biking cycling shorts that look like normal shorts if you need to wear one. Many years ago when I started cycling, I cycle for 10mins got sored & went home. The next week I extended to 15mins etc. It took me about a months before I could cycle 20km.

I have 5 -6 mth Lab, he is just begining to walk well. Last week end I introduced him to the bike, I push when there's an uphill/downhill section and just pedal very slowly along the flats. He took to it very well...saves my knees.

A budding ET competitor then?

The ET should be a breeze for you both by the time your lab is 2.

M

A budding ET competitor then?

The ET should be a breeze for you both by the time your lab is 2.

M

I am keen but I just read the rules...after the 20km run at 10km/hr some 2.5hrs , Willingness test is conducted after 15min rest. Anyone has a physical training program guide for this?

I guess now is not a good time to tell him about cyclists also shaving their legs to avoid injury when crashing!

M

Abbiestar Posted 3rd Jan 2011 - 10:20 PM

:laugh::bolt: :D ;) :D :laugh::laugh:

There are a lot of things OH will do, try etc but shaving his legs, I don't think will happen. I might tell him that they have to be waxed :laugh:

M

Abbiestar Posted 3rd Jan 2011 - 10:20 PM

:laugh::bolt: :D ;) :D :laugh::laugh:

There are a lot of things OH will do, try etc but shaving his legs, I don't think will happen. I might tell him that they have to be waxed :laugh:

Ouch!

M

Brought a springer yesterday to start training Wolf up (yes I know I can't use it in the test, just wanted to get him used to running next to the bike safely :laugh:

Can't wait until it arrives :laugh: Now to find a cheap bike computer that does distance and speed etc..

Brought a springer yesterday to start training Wolf up (yes I know I can't use it in the test, just wanted to get him used to running next to the bike safely :laugh:

Can't wait until it arrives :laugh: Now to find a cheap bike computer that does distance and speed etc..

Where did you get the springer from, l've been hunting for one to get Molly moving safely with the bike.