Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mi Murve, ankel is okay, little twingy still however due to other circumstances we will not be participating in tomorrows ET.... MISS JETT came into season last night, so we are ineligable to compete. Plan B, GSDCV at Altona end of June. Will have to send in my entries this afternoon. I didn't even bother taking her to the vet today, I knew she was due to come in but didn't think she'd come in this week....what can ya do!

Abbiestar looks like you will be judging Jett and I *LOL*

Okay, she is at peak fitness now, what regime should I have her on for the last 4 weeks and swimming is out because she is in season.

One good thing, she will be in the best possible form for our Specialty Show in SA the week prior to the GSDCV ET :thumbsup:

Murve, good luck tomorrow, wishing you a sunny day and an easy ride! :)

Hi trinaj,

Sorry to hear about the ankle, but I guess the dog in season is more of an inconvenience!

Glad you got your entry in for GSD. Look forward to seeing you then.

M

TrinaJ :: Mother Nature works in mysterious ways :( was so looking forward riding with you & Jett

I just hope we dont have that with Malika, might see how we go to have her ready for GSDCV ET, I wont push her so dont worry. Oh when do the GSDCV ET enteries close??

We do hope to have a nice day tomorrow, been listening to the weather closely :crossfingers:

thank you to all who have wished us goodluck. I think the butterflies are starting to set in,

GSD entries close on June 3. The schedule is on the GSDCV website.

Don't think about the butterflies. What could possibly go wrong :):) ?

Hope the weather is kind, and ground not too slushy.

M

Okay, she is at peak fitness now, what regime should I have her on for the last 4 weeks and swimming is out because she is in season.

Just keep her active with regular shorter rides 6 - 8 k's. That should be sufficient to maintain her fitness.

M

Our rides have been about 3-4k's, Malika seems to be happy & still full of beans when we get back, after Orlando does his ET tomorrow I will then concertrate on our girl.

Abbiestar do you think I could have her ready by GSDCV ET?????? :)

Our rides have been about 3-4k's, Malika seems to be happy & still full of beans when we get back, after Orlando does his ET tomorrow I will then concertrate on our girl.

Abbiestar do you think I could have her ready by GSDCV ET?????? :)

Yes, you could. As I said in a previous post, I have seen dogs turn up that have never been prepared for an ET, and never run alongside a bike still get through.

I do not recommend this, but there is no reason why you should not pass with the level of training you are at. Just maintain what you are currently doing and build the distance slowly over the month and you should be fine.

M

Good luck for tomorrow murve. Hope the misty rain is just overnight, and clears nto a nice day tomorow.

I finally had a chance to get the bike out this afternoon - 4 km with both dogs, then put Kirra back in the car, and did another 5 with Rory - so 10 all up for him. Varying speeds, and did some grass (for me). Averaged about 11 kph. Didn't want him too tired - opr me - have to groom bath and dry him now for a show tomorrow LOL.

Good luck for tomorrow murve. Hope the misty rain is just overnight, and clears nto a nice day tomorow.

I finally had a chance to get the bike out this afternoon - 4 km with both dogs, then put Kirra back in the car, and did another 5 with Rory - so 10 all up for him. Varying speeds, and did some grass (for me). Averaged about 11 kph. Didn't want him too tired - opr me - have to groom bath and dry him now for a show tomorrow LOL.

Hey Tassie, if this misty rain keeps up all night the grass at Kcc Park wil be sluggy to ride through :eek:

Good goin doing 10k's what breeds do you have?? & good luck at the show tomorrow :D

There seems to be a few of us aiming for the GSDCV ET, do you think they will hold another ET if there are too many entries or will they ballot some of us out ?

Dont know what they will do if they have tooooo many enteries :(

it would be interesting to what the GSDCV do

God I hope I dont get balloted out, after all this training and having to withdraw from tomorrows because of Jett's season - could my luck get any worse :cry:

we have our fingers & paws crossed you get in at GSDCV :crossfingers: . If you are ballot out we still have Sale on the 2nd July

Why couldn't Jett wait till next week :doh: yea like I said earlier thats Mother Nature for ya

How soon before do you find out if you are balloted out????

I have rather a large organisaiton feat to pull off to get to mine and I wouldhate to put all that into place to ahve to cancel it all, but the worst bit would be (at this stage at least) having to wait 12 months to try again.

How soon before do you find out if you are balloted out????

I have rather a large organisaiton feat to pull off to get to mine and I wouldhate to put all that into place to ahve to cancel it all, but the worst bit would be (at this stage at least) having to wait 12 months to try again.

Entries close June 3 and the ballot is done then.

Good luck all!

Soft misty rain this morning for the HVCV trial.

M