Darling Downs Kennel Club

Jsk

Taken from Ozshow

Due to the excessive amount of rain received recently, the usual rings at the Darling Downs Kennel Club grounds are too wet to use this weekend. New rings will be set up in the car park area on the hill opposite the toilet block on the western side of the grounds. The grass has been mowed and sticks removed so the rings will at least be dry and are well drained. This will reduce the car park area a little so we do ask for co-operation from exhibitors in order to make the weekend run smoothly.

Any questions, please contact either the DDKC President Andrew Brown on 0407 372 377 or myself on 0410 651 756.

regards

Rosemary Green

Secretary

Darling Downs Kennel Club Inc

Edited by Josuki

This has changed again!

The Darling Downs Kennel Club show will definitely be held this weekend at the Toowoomba Showgrounds. Because the usual ring area is too wet, the Committee has decided to move the rings to the area in which sheep dog trials are held during the Toowoomba Royal Show. This area is down the hill from the kennel club area. The rings are well drained, well grassed, flat and smooth - no sticks, no stones, no rocks, no holes. There is a camping area with powered sites close to the rings as well as a toilet block so no-one has to walk up the hill to go to the loo!!

Please note as you travel down Glenvale Road to the showgrounds, you will need to turn right just before the main gate and follow the signs to the new area. There is partly due to erosion of the roads inside the showgrounds so if you try to take the usual road to the club house and grounds, you will not be able to get thru so please follow the signs.

There is an excellent entry on both days so all we need now is good weather. Maybe someone with higher connections than us can arrange this.

Any questions, please contact Rosemary on 0410 651 756 or Andrew on 0407 372 377.

Rosemary Green

Secretary - DDKC Inc

I'm just hoping the roads are open! Word today is the Toowoomba range is closed due to landslides. Hopefully the rain goes away and it will be fine.

I hope you see you there Crazy Daisy! I'm sure Abby would love to meet your new puppy :rofl:

I'm just hoping the roads are open! Word today is the Toowoomba range is closed due to landslides. Hopefully the rain goes away and it will be fine.

I hope you see you there Crazy Daisy! I'm sure Abby would love to meet your new puppy :thumbsup:

I just heard too that the warrego highway is closed in 2 sections...and they are saying that more rain (not just showers) is expected over the next few days.

We were going to go to the show just to watch but I think we will be giving it a miss now. I dont wanna risk being stuck there!

Hope everyone going has a safe journey and a great...semi dry time!!

I hope you see you there Crazy Daisy! I'm sure Abby would love to meet your new puppy :thumbsup:

Damn :laugh:

I just looked at the forecast for Toowoomba and it says it is supposed to be fine on Sat with late arvo showers and a possible thunderstorm on Sunday arvo. I think I'll reassess it tomorrow.

Chance of rain tomorrow is 90% 5 - 10mls.

Toowoomba has had a hammering of rain today but it has dispersed prety quickly around town. Some parts of the town were closed for awhile.

Last I heard (2pm) the range was open but if we get any more rain it may trigger another landslide.

Hubby and I work at the same place but on different shifts and he followed me home from work today as they cancelled the night shift work due to people not being able to turn up from Oakey etc.

Any more rain and we might get flooded in again. had to take the long way home today.

Come on weather Gods lol Let it shine :wave: I'm coming across for the weekend oh so excited never been to an actual show :love: I'll also be there with the camera if anyone wants to be test dummies as all shots taken at this show are freebies to kick me off photographing shows depending on how many photos I actually get LOL let me know :love:

This is all hoping I can get there with this weather :D

Hold that thought until tomorrow morning when we're on our way up - coming back for the night though, camping in the rain really doesn't do it for me :laugh:

Camping in the rain doesnt do it for me either ;)

which is why I shall travel home

Good luck everyone. may you all travel safely to and from.

Erin what time are you heading out to Toowoomba in the morning?

Serena and I are meant to be going but I'm not sure with the roads and rain. any updates yet.

I see the forecast for tomorrow has been updated again from light showers to rain at times and thunderstorms.

No doubt it will updated again back to light showers as it seems to be switching back and forth.

Everyone still going...travel safe!! Hope you have a great, safe day!