Darling Downs Kennel Club

Jsk

Erin what time are you heading out to Toowoomba in the morning?

Serena and I are meant to be going but I'm not sure with the roads and rain. any updates yet.

Abby is washed and car will soon be packed. At this point in time we'll be going tomorrow unless it's torrential rain and the roads are closed. We are the second group on, so no rush to be there at 10am, BUT, I'm sure there will be many absentees. So we'll aim to leave here around 7am, just incase there are some issues with the roads.

Did you want my number?

We are on our way now. Just thing through marburg.

Just thought I'd add, there are blue skies out here. Doesn't help the already soaked grounds, but at least its not raining....

Edited by ~Erin~

Well that was fun - not.

Couldn't help that there was water around, but did the rings really have to be on the LOWEST piece of "dry'' ground for miles?

Most enormous green ants I've ever seen took one of my girls out of the ring (repellant isn't much good when the dog is standing in an inch of water). Don't see us bothering to repeat the experience tomorrow :laugh:

Well unfortunately it was like this...

As there was a Camporee on(what the hell is a camporee, is it a jamboree but camping :D ) I guess they got preference as to where they were going to be.

The kennel club part of the grounds had been completely under water.(the water at one stage was up to the door of the clubrooms)

It was lovely and fine when we got there but the water simply had no where else to go.

While it was fine during the day another storm was predicted. And it happened later in the avo.When hubby and I came back into town later on it was fine. Wen we walked out of Clifford gardens the heavens had opened up.

So it is going to be even more soggy tomorrow as rain is expected then as well.

We headed home before the open show in the afternoon. Our ring had so much mud and water and it was just no fun at all. Glad I didn't enter for the sunday.

Toowoomba is usually such a nice spot to show, you really have to feel for the Kennel Clubs at the moment trying to run shows under such difficult conditions.

Odin also got bitten byut he green ants, so had to keep a close eye on him for ants on him. poor little man

Edited by Caesars mum

The drive home surely was horrendous. We left after the breed judging because I knew there was bad weather coming and my girl was only going back for junior of breed. We hit very heavy rain at the bottom of the range and it didn't let up until probably Ipswich? Then from there it was raining pretty much the whole way.

I'm annoyed she didn't get the one point needed for her title (only reason we went back!), but in a way I'm glad because I don't think I'd have liked to be trying to pack up in that rain that was coming.

The pot holes were just insane. We sat about 150m back from a car and pretty much stuck to the right hand lane. As naughty as that was, I would have rathered the fine for sitting in the right hand lane, then the cost of a new tyre/rim and suspension damage. I felt very sorry for those having to come back through there with trailers on, those poor dogs :thumbsup:

(Flame suit on)

I was really shocked previously to read that people ventured out in this terrible weather to attend a dog show. And now given the devastation of an inland Tsunami less than 24 hours later very close by, those that did must be feeling very lucky to get home safely. I'm sure reports will occur of many that have lost their treasured pets in the flooding.

I attended only on the Saturday and the Club did a great job of trying to ensure we were safe.

We live 20 minutes away fom the grounds and in no way were we even remotely unsafe.

I didnt go Sunday because I was not well.

No one could of predicted what happened on Monday. Even the weather bureau couldnt