Registered Breeders

Steve

Unless you're looking inside houses and in backyards and sheds there is no way to stop a member of any organisation doing exactly what they want.

That is exactly what has been happening for many, many years. Some people are passionate REAL dog lovers and will risk trespass charges and criminal record to protect and bring awareness of puppy farms

http://www.prisonersforprofit.org.au/?p=385

this is madness you have got to be joking. militants of any persuasion are totally against my ethics and i deplore those tactics and anyone who undertakes them.

Who are the people who have exposed the Puppy Farmers JB?????

Is it people sitting around in suits being polite asking polite questions and never ruffling any feathers???.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if i was part of a reputable org/assn SAY ANKC where some members sold to pet shops I would LEAVE - that simple!

And I would join an org/assn that did not do it. So there could be NO confusion.

That simple.

you really know nothing about the dog world do you? If I left the ANKC my dogs would become unregistered and joining the MDBA would get me no where as they are not recognised worldwide. My bitches pedigree is tracable back something like 32 generations, it would be gone; poof; if I left the ANKC. No one would sell me semen to import, I would be unable to continue to breed registered pedigree dogs, if I wanted to keep breeding I would become a BYB. But there wouldn't be any point to that cause my breed aren't exactly popular.

Why would you leave the ANKC ?

annie suggested that breeders should do this because of the selling to pet shops went against her ideals

So only activists are real dog lovers?

Question: are you kind of new to all this stuff? I'm reading 'convert' of some sort from your posts.

No not all activists are the only dog lovers at all. But they have got real balls to go and get punched in the head to expose the cruelty of puppy farms. I know it is political and there are some nutters in the activists but overall I think they have balls and I take my hat off to people who are in my opinion, incredibly brave.

I an a convert to being VERY anti puppy farms and BYB. As i said previously, I abhore puppies and kittens being used as commodities with no concern for their welfare (or that of breeding females)

Okay, well, good luck with that. I'm not keen on fanatics, myself.

Unless you're looking inside houses and in backyards and sheds there is no way to stop a member of any organisation doing exactly what they want.

That is exactly what has been happening for many, many years. Some people are passionate REAL dog lovers and will risk trespass charges and criminal record to protect and bring awareness of puppy farms

So only activists are real dog lovers?

Question: are you kind of new to all this stuff? I'm reading 'convert' of some sort from your posts.

No not all activists are the only dog lovers at all. But they have got real balls to go and get punched in the head to expose the cruelty of puppy farms. I know it is political and there are some nutters in the activists but overall I think they have balls and I take my hat off to people who are in my opinion, incredibly brave.

I an a convert to being VERY anti puppy farms and BYB. As i said previously, I abhore puppies and kittens being used as commodities with no concern for their welfare (or that of breeding females)

O.K But you had better stand back a bit and get a bit more educated on the subject before you go backing fanatics and terrorists.

this is madness you have got to be joking. militants of any persuasion are totally against my ethics and i deplore those tactics and anyone who undertakes them.

Who are the people who have exposed the Puppy Farmers JB?????

Is it people sitting around in suits being polite asking polite questions and never ruffling any feathers???.

i have news for you, you have no idea what it is to be political and to make change. you would do much better to understand you audience and try to figure out what we may have done outside of this dog forum before you come in her as an expert.

you are embarrassing yourself

So for greedy unethical people, they can pay for as many memberships as they like, tell the right people all the stuff they want to hear, and still sell whatever pups they want to wherever they want. It makes not one spot of difference.

Unless you're looking inside houses and in backyards and sheds there is no way to stop a member of any organisation doing exactly what they want. If people are able to cook up illegal drugs every day and make a profit at the expense of human safety and life and get away with it, you can be damn sure that puppy breeders can do it.

Of course there are drug rings, paedophile rings, puppy farmers etc. Greedy people will do what they can to get rich.

But I can assure you people who peddle drugs and cook them often end up in the clink, and not a place I ever want to be.

what about the boys, they have feelings too

Well if i was part of a reputable org/assn SAY ANKC where some members sold to pet shops I would LEAVE - that simple!

And I would join an org/assn that did not do it. So there could be NO confusion.

That simple.

you really know nothing about the dog world do you? If I left the ANKC my dogs would become unregistered and joining the MDBA would get me no where as they are not recognised worldwide. My bitches pedigree is tracable back something like 32 generations, it would be gone; poof; if I left the ANKC. No one would sell me semen to import, I would be unable to continue to breed registered pedigree dogs, if I wanted to keep breeding I would become a BYB. But there wouldn't be any point to that cause my breed aren't exactly popular.

Why would you leave the ANKC ?

cause Annie said I should if I wanted to prove I was ethical :thumbsup:

Oh Dear

There is nothing wrong with aspiring to be elite, but buying a membership to say you are is what im against.

Being an elite/accredited breeder should be like a life membership, a badge of honor awarded to you from those within - In this case the ANKC.

This is achieved by your morals, ethics, knowledge and commitment not something you can buy.

That's a bit how I feel too. A sort of elitism if you will.
:thumbsup: .... Are you saying membership to the ANKC is free?

An ANKC membership is not free, it also covers a variety of fields, being a registered breeder is just one of them.

And/or are you saying that the "good/better" (so to speak) breeders are the ones who have been offered life membership by the ANKC?

So only those whom the ANKC decides to award this honour to can share the "elitist/accreditation" category that you speak of?

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

I'm not talking about those who already have a life membership, they have been handed out for different reasons.

I'm saying if there is to be an elite breeder program (or whatever you wish to call it) it should be done by the existing governing body.

And awarded as a high honor based on morals, ethics, knowledge and commitment

ANKC and It's members decide, not just pay a fee and you get it.

So for greedy unethical people, they can pay for as many memberships as they like, tell the right people all the stuff they want to hear, and still sell whatever pups they want to wherever they want. It makes not one spot of difference.

Unless you're looking inside houses and in backyards and sheds there is no way to stop a member of any organisation doing exactly what they want. If people are able to cook up illegal drugs every day and make a profit at the expense of human safety and life and get away with it, you can be damn sure that puppy breeders can do it.

Of course there are drug rings, paedophile rings, puppy farmers etc. Greedy people will do what they can to get rich.

But I can assure you people who peddle drugs and cook them often end up in the clink, and not a place I ever want to be.

well some activist you will be :thumbsup: :D

I'm not talking about those who already have a life membership, they have been handed out for different reasons.

I'm saying if there is to be an elite breeder program (or whatever you wish to call it) it should be done by the existing governing body.

Like button.

i know sway you and other breeders don't like it one bit and for some of the puppy buying public it;s a confusion that could be done without.

i wonder how the ankc could restrict trade to only PIAA pet shops and still be within the law?

Many have looked into this with no luck, There has been a few threads on DOL in regards to this.

disagree, that's what life memberships are handed out for.

That simple.

It's not that simple. In Australia, if you want to compete in dog shows, obedience trials, endurance, herding, agility trials, and various other dog sports, you must be a member of your state canine council.

If you want to breed and register puppies on the national registry, same thing....you must be a member of your states canine council. You can be a member of other organisations such as MDBA, but you can't do any of the above unless you are also a member of the canine council in your state.

I wonder if Annie knows about the PETA agenda to stop the keeping of dogs and cats?

Damn. I am breaking my ignore rule again (thanks for all the PM's everyone)

There are some of PETA'S agenda that I 100% disagree with.

I certainly don't subscribe to PETA's extreme view that all pets are slaves, and should be set free.

i know sway you and other breeders don't like it one bit and for some of the puppy buying public it;s a confusion that could be done without.

i wonder how the ankc could restrict trade to only PIAA pet shops and still be within the law?

Many have looked into this with no luck, There has been a few threads on DOL in regards to this.

thanks sway i will have a look at them because i am curious about this

well some activist you will be :thumbsup: :D

I never said I was an activist that would do the things in that link I posted. I said without them, many PF's would never have been exposed.

It's not that complicated. Really!

Oh yay an animal liber. You should google PETA and go on a posting spree there. They will like you I'm sure.

I wonder if Annie knows about the PETA agenda to stop the keeping of dogs and cats?

Damn. I am breaking my ignore rule again (thanks for all the PM's everyone)

There are some of PETA'S agenda that I 100% disagree with.

I certainly don't subscribe to PETA's extreme view that all pets are slaves, and should be set free.

So it's ok to agree with some of an organisations philosophies and not others, but still support them overall?