Registered Breeders

Steve

I would support who ever does not sell to pet shops.

And the other ANKC allows cross breed dogs. How else do the pet shops get them? I've rung SO MANY MANY PETS PARADISE stores and ask who they get puppies from and they say BREEDERS.

And I say, what sort of breeders, and they say registered breeders....................and the cycle of confusion and deception continues.

Annie just remember one thing the MDBA are happy to accept ANKC members & hold dual membership so whose COE do they follow?

If that aspect is important to you then surely you would want them to be an MDBA breeder only then??

Why ?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indeed but one organisation tells its members that they can sell to PIAA pet shops and the other doesn't so the one who won;t allow puppy sales to pet shops will have consequences for members who do so, the other obviously wont as it is allowable.

i prefer a blanket no pet shop sales to sales to certain pet shops being allowable

If the org that say no to pet shop selling ever finds out about it, then there might be consequences. Whose going to tell them? Not the person being unethical, that's for sure.

i agree with you rebanne but for me it's about the ethos of the organisation and what the organisation sees as acceptable rather than whether the members are 100% compliant

ok

Annie just remember one thing the MDBA are happy to accept ANKC members & hold dual membership so whose COE do they follow?

If that aspect is important to you then surely you would want them to be an MDBA breeder only then??

Why ?

Um pretty obvious you have made out that the MDBA breeders are elite & above law so why would you want members who are also ANKC that follow a COE that is against the MDBA ??

You have gone on who ANKC allow crossbreeds but you wont & the list goes on .

You can't have your cake & eat it .

We really are labouring the point here seeing as PIAA has only 6 accredited pet shops Nation wide. 3 in NSW and 3 in QLD.

Any set of rules, whether guideline, COE or regulations is only as good as it's enforcement. Relying on people to tell the truth etc is a lovely idea but really, what planet are we living on?

One PIAA accredited agent sends thousands of purebred registered puppies out every year to an oversears pet shop.

And one pet shop in NSW sells nothing else but purebred registered puppies. Issuing export certificates for puppies which go out in litter lots to Pets Central and a couple of puppy farmers in Japan and Hong Kong bring in around 100,000 a year to the ANKC in NSW alone

And one pet shop in NSW sells nothing else but purebred registered puppies. Issuing export certificates for puppies which go out in litter lots to Pets Central and a couple of puppy farmers in Japan and Hong Kong bring in around 100,000 a year to the ANKC in NSW alone

That is interesting as I though Pet Shops were not allowed to sell purebred registered puppies.

That is what I have been told by Pets Paradise and other shops

Why ?

Um pretty obvious you have made out that the MDBA breeders are elite & above law so why would you want members who are also ANKC that follow a COE that is against the MDBA ??

You have gone on who ANKC allow crossbreeds but you wont & the list goes on .

You can't have your cake & eat it .

Well it seems obvious to me that the more restrictive one will always be accepted just as a code of conduct with the ANKC does not get you out of mandatory codes if mandatory codes are more prohibitive.

Of course I can have my cake and eat it - and just to be sure I will ensure that the extra bit which says which ever code is more restrictive wins out to ensure neither MDBA or ANKC are doing anything to breach either code - just in case you arent the only one who doesnt get it. We do agree that just because the code says you can do something that you dont have to right?

Thank You

I think MDBA seems to be the best from what I have read on here and researched today

MDBA don't sell to pet shops = :laugh:

The MDBA don't allow their members to sell to pet shops. Doesn't mean it doesn't/couldn't happen. The world is not that simple. As I sit here typing this I could have a small fluffy, mated to the small fluffy down the road, whelping in the spare bedroom, cause I knew I would be broke after Christmas. A quick sale to the petshop pays the credit card bill I ran up buying Chrissie presents. Who's to know? Really?

eta extra word

Surely if someone found out then you could be struck off from that organisation/association?

Not good if people break rules or codes of conduct they have agreed to.

That is interesting as I though Pet Shops were not allowed to sell purebred registered puppies.

annie you really need to read the posts. PIAA pet shops can sell ankc registered puppies

we can't keep repeating the same information you really need to try to understand what we are saying

showdog i understood that mdba members had a greater burden on them rather than being above the law

How do they have a greater burden? There is no difference between an ethical ANKC breeder and an MDBA breeder. Only that the MDBA breeder member has coughed up more money to be a member of an extra organisation.

Not true Pets Paradise are not PIAA accredited so purebred registered breeders cant sell their puppies to them or they breach their code but they do sell to PIAA accredited pet shops and agents.

You poor thing it is hard to follow isnt it?

I would support who ever does not sell to pet shops.

And the other ANKC allows cross breed dogs. How else do the pet shops get them? I've rung SO MANY MANY PETS PARADISE stores and ask who they get puppies from and they say BREEDERS.

And I say, what sort of breeders, and they say registered breeders....................and the cycle of confusion and deception continues.

No, but if one says they can't sell to pets shops then that is what they should not do. It does not matter if they are part of one org/assn or 10, if one says you can't do it, you can't do it. Simple!

showdog i understood that mdba members had a greater burden on them rather than being above the law

How do they have a greater burden? There is no difference between an ethical ANKC breeder and an MDBA breeder. Only that the MDBA breeder member has coughed up more money to be a member of an extra organisation.

Thats right there isnt but there is between the two codes of conduct

Does MDBA sanction any dog events such as shows, sports or other activities that dog owners can participate in (regularly, not once a year) with their pets?

Not yet.

Is MDBA focused on the pet market?

No.

Sounds like MDBA has higher ethics to me.

Not selling to pet shops = :laugh:

Surely if someone found out then you could be struck off from that organisation/association?

Not good if people break rules or codes of conduct they have agreed to.

of course, if you are found out, and no it's not good if you break a COE you agreed to, but people do it all the time. Not every person is a good person. Just have to read the newspapers.

Have you actually read what the Code of ethics are?????

Are you sure you are a lawyer? certainly doesn't come across that way.