Floods Victoria

Julie R

Does anyone know if any DOGS Victoria/ VCA members have or are being affected by the floods.

Just wondering if a fund raiser would be required to help them out.

If it is not fires it’s floods, what is happening to our world.

Does anyone know if any DOGS Victoria/ VCA members have or are being affected by the floods.

Just wondering if a fund raiser would be required to help them out.

If it is not fires it’s floods, what is happening to our world.

I know there are a number of registered breeders in and around Creswick but haven't heard how they fared.

I do know the town copped it pretty hard...... again.

If anyone in the Bendigo area would like to donate non perishable food, blankets, towels, sheets, pillows, bottled water, pet food, mozzie spray to the Victorian flood victims there are collections points set up around Bendigo.

What about members thru Horsham, Kerang etc....

If any member of DOGS Victoria has been affected by the recent floods I would suggest either they or a friend contact the office of DOGS Victoria so they know what their hardship currently is and inquire if DOGS Victoria is able to assist them.

Help required for 50 dogs in the kerang region and would need to be collected from Tongala

We've just had a call for request for support for foster care for 50 dogs. The dogs were on a property this side of Kerang that has been flooded. It is feared 21 horses have been lost however 50 dogs hve been evacuated & are now needing foster care until the owner re establishes. The dogs range from beagles to st bernards. We are going to start a Register for those that can offer assistance and go from there. If you have a SECURE environment to offer fostercare for an undetermined period of time, please EMAIL US with your details [email protected] Pls note the dogs are not vaccinated but will be.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/no...172772826099713

I heard on ABC radio that a place in Coldstream was looking for dog food donations and they were taking a truck up to the Vic flood affected area today or tomorrow to drop off dog food as it was in short supply. Sorry for the vagueness, I can't remember exact details.

That is the Victorian Animal Aid Trust at Coldstream (near Lilydale, near the Dandenongs). They are brilliant. They have good experience and capability. The emergency truck is going up to the flood areas tomorrow (today, Thursday). Food dropped there before 11.00 can be on it. Otherwise cash donations are welcomed anyway, and gives them bulk-buying advantage.

We have had some calls for help from some puppy farmers - just as we did in the bushfires. Makes no difference to us. If we can help them we do.

We are working in both Queensland and Victoria.

We have sent one truck load to Queensland which included vet medical supplies, first aid kits, snake bite kits, emergency packs, Eukanuba dog and cat food, beds, crates, cages and human food hampers. We also have an office in Queensland which will distribute animal feeds which in the main are donated by Eukanuba.

Truck will go into Victoria at the end of next week and smaller van deliveries will be made where needed from Southern NSW.

I have people packing mini and maxi first aid kits,snake bite kits ,emergency kits with razors, toothbrushes etc in them and human hampers to have them ready to be moved in. Its been full on but lots of fun.Every muscle aches from lifting cartons of dog and cat food but I needed the exercise anyway. :)

For info.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=213514

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=213608

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky and found a shelter in Echuca willing to take our dogs and cats for free for as long as needed. Thumbs up to them ;) we also had help from some DOLers without whom i dont know how we would have got all the dogs out.

It was looking good for our home, the levy was holding but it blew out and we have lost our house and most belongings. We did not lift our whitegoods high enough so all will have to be replaced. I have a very close friend helping us with things like bedding, beds for us and family but we may need further assistance now replacing things like dog beds, bowls, leads, things we forgot to lift up. We are currently looking for a new home but dont know also how long it will be before we can get back in to get the dog runs thankfully most are portable. I have not contacted Dogs Vic because i dont know how they could assist, should i call them?

We were lucky and found a shelter in Echuca willing to take our dogs and cats for free for as long as needed. Thumbs up to them :D we also had help from some DOLers without whom i dont know how we would have got all the dogs out.

It was looking good for our home, the levy was holding but it blew out and we have lost our house and most belongings. We did not lift our whitegoods high enough so all will have to be replaced. I have a very close friend helping us with things like bedding, beds for us and family but we may need further assistance now replacing things like dog beds, bowls, leads, things we forgot to lift up. We are currently looking for a new home but dont know also how long it will be before we can get back in to get the dog runs thankfully most are portable. I have not contacted Dogs Vic because i dont know how they could assist, should i call them?

Give DogsVic a go but you are also welcome to call me 0269276706

Hope the money we sent through to ShelleyBeggs helped out a bit with the puppies.