2011 Brags Thread

The kids enjoyed themselves today biggrin.gif

The club that ran todays trial offered cheap entries so I decided to support them by entering all the kids, but kind of regretted it when the temp got to 35 degrees at home. Luckily it was a bit cooler at the trial.

Lexi hasn't obedience trialed for 2 years as she was a stress head, so I blew the dust off her and we had a good time in the ring, she didn't fail any of the exercises, but decided that sits were optional so lost as truck load of points. We didn't do stays. Good girl Lex - she will sleep well tonight thumbsup1.gif

For my own sanity, Beans retired from UD about 18 months ago. Today she came out and passed all the exercises except signals. Pleased as punch with her thumbsup1.gif

Cider has come a long way and today completed a round and won open under a judge who couldn't get within cooee of her not so long ago, and then she did her sit stay smile.gifbiggrin.gif

and STrauss Mouse, wore a cool coat for the first time like he had been wearing one all his life - he won CCD.

and just to prove that they are not robots - The occasionally clever (OC) one wasn't very clever today eek1.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done, Ptolomy!!!! Your kids continue to prove that the weather means nothing, and puts me and my girls to shame for using heat as an excuse to just stay home :olaugh.gif

Good girl Lexi! And I wondered why Beans hadn't been in a UD ring in a very long time! Maybe she proved today that you prematurely retired her from UD? :)

Congrats caffy and Snazzy on your agility return and win!!!

Congrats to TSD too, and anyone else I missed! :cheer:

Yay DSO :thumbsup: Way to go! Masters is so much fun - you'll be there soon enough!

kathq - oh no! I didn't realise you had injured yourself. How much fun will you have when you get back into it :)

Tassie - what fun....I'm so enjoying training up a youngster. Em actually works better on my right because it took me ages to feel comfortable with Zig working on both sides.

Congratulations Ptolomy and bedazzledx2 - great effort on such a warm day. Love the retired dogs coming out and strutting their stuff also :D

Yay congrats everyone on their successes. Sasha and I are now in the transition class. We started last week and the weather wasn't the best. Soo windy. Its so much harder to get her focus when there is alot of wind, and a new class with all these new dogs.

Her stand for exam didn't go so well. I was told I have a very friendly dog. She broke and took a few steps to greet the instructor when she came to us. All the other dogs stayed and my girl was like ohhh hello there. ( sigh). Oh well at least she is friendly. I have been practicing but she just seems to like everyone. Her sit, drop, stands were good except for the occassion creeping forward and I have been practicing that on a step which sometimes works. At other times she just gets creative on how to move forward. Her sit stays and drop stays were brillant. I was so proud of my girl as I know how boring it is for her but she was good. Hoping we can be successful and keep moving up in classes.

Good on you with Sasha. I feel your pain with a friendly dog on SFE - but just keep working on little by little - stand beside her at first, then immediately in front. Try to set her up for success. I still have judges who smile at Rory, thinking they are going to get a kiss, but I think he knows now he needs to keep his feet steady. :D Try looking through training thread here for the steady feet game and do that lots.

And

I know how boring it is for her
- try to do anything you can to not make it boring - little bits - bit of play and fun (even if you step away from the class a bit to do it) - lots of genuine e3xcitement from you. It can be a bit hard in a class situation, but I'm sure your instructor wouldn't mind if you take little breaks every now and again - for a drink or a pee (the dog or youi LOL).

Well I feel a bit greedy :laugh:

The weather at today's agility trial was just awful. Very wet and slippery underfoot (as I found out when I landed on my @r$e once or twice :laugh:) and it didn't start well with some very slippery contact equipment putting a number of the dogs off. Zig wouldn't have a bar of the seesaw and could barely get up the dogwalk (with my arms around him!!!) Judge and competitors pulled together and replaced all the contacts with rubberized equipment for the next class. He also let those of us who wanted to, run our dogs over the new seesaw and as soon as Zig's paws touched the surface he regained his confidence :thumbsup:

No luck in the morning (no thanks to me slipping over either) but he ran really well. The rain cleared up in the afternoon and my Spotted lad came away with 1st place, Q in ADX, 2nd place, Q in JDO and a Q in JDM. Yesterday Zig had a shock response to what we think was an insect bite/sting so I was just thrilled at his rapid recovery - to be able to compete today was brilliant and the rest simply a bonus :) Very happy to be now home, warm and dry.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

well tonight was our third trial, and our goals were that she have fun (still confidence building) and that she performed her weaves tonight (had issues with them last trial). so Open Jumpers was first run, and she blasted through it easy as, but mummy was bad, and is still learning not to give verbal cues she doesnt need. I gave her one after the second obstacle of the exclusion zone, and she turned from the line! lol because i am running her with no corrections, we just kept going, and she finished the course beautifully, and tail wagging! :)

Our Novice Agility runs so far (we have had 2) have gone less than to plan! lol but again, focused on the confidence building. but tonight she was great! :) again happy and speedy, beautiful down on the table, then once released, the little creep decided there was something so yummy on the ground she had to have first so we copped a refusal there lol....i got her focus back and she tore through her weaves and the rest of the course! :) it was our best agility run so far!

Novice Jumpers was a great flowing course, and she performed it beautifully! felt pretty slow tho, so i had to ask at the end if we were in time...at the end of the night i found out our time was certainly not that slow, as we got 3rd place out of 28 dogs :) we had a great night! LOVED IT!!! we are gaining more and more confidence, and our teamwork and communication is getting better and better each trial!!

Congratulations krustie22 :thumbsup: Great results but more importantly you are keeping it light and FUN for your girl.

thanks TSD :) we are having a ball! :) ive been jotting down her errors in each run, and from our first trial in mid Sept to now, the improvements are awesome!

also, i am pretty sure that the results will improve even more as both Kuda's and my confidence grows! :D

ETA

Edited by krustie22

Way to go TSD! Lovely results! :thumbsup:

Congrats krustie22! Sounds like you're having a great time with your girl :D

We were down at the Mt Gambier trials this weekend and had a blast!

Ended up coming home with a Q/1st in exc agility, Q/1st in open jumping and a Q/1st nov snooker! So happy with miss Jess, she gave 100% all weekend even when the weather heated up! And she only knocked ONE bar ALL weekend! :cheer:

Most her other runs only had 1 fault or silly handler errors.

But she's deffinitley acting more "mature" in the ring, we only had one run where she acted like a feral baby dog! Good girlie!

Edited by DogSportObsessed

Thanks DSO! My vet rang to see how Zig was after the insect bite/sting on Friday - I think he was pretty delighted with his recovery!

Didn't you have a great weekend too - well done :cheer: I'd love to make it to Mt Gambier for an agility trial - one day!!! Don't knock the "feral baby dog" runs - they're the most entertaining for us onlookers :laugh:

but mummy was bad, and is still learning not to give verbal cues she doesnt need.

:rofl: krustie22 - don't feel bad - I'm still doing that and I'm way old enough and experienced enough to know better - cost me a Q on a really nice ADM run on Friday night at the Royal - I interrupted her flow and caused her to pull the very last bar :banghead: - got told off by the judge (a friend :) ). But the main thing was we had a lovely run and she had fun - and it seems like you've got that attitude too - your dog will love you for it. :clap:

we only had one run where she acted like a feral baby dog

Had to laugh at this - Kirra had a couple of runs where she was acting like a feral baby dog - and she's over 9,5 years old now - but I love it - tells me she's still having fun. :laugh: . Congrats on a great trial.

Well done TSD - glad Ziggy recovered and then did brilliantly!! Eesh don't like the sound of those conditions though.

Krustie - CONGRATS on your pass and third place!!!!!!!! The rest sounds positive too, good on you for making it fun.

DSO Wow what a weekend you had!!! Congratulations on your first places!!

thanks tassie, amypie and DSO (and congrats on ur awesome weekend)! :) it is just so nice to have found something we can do together that we both enjoy so much!

ALSO! it has changed my attitude, and i have started trying to improve my lifestyle to help me be the best partner for my girl :laugh: i have started taking PT sessions to try and get back into some sort of shape!! (other than round) :rofl:

Edited by krustie22

:rofl: God I need to do that too, I just about have an asthma attack after running two dogs at training :laugh: Soon will be the first time I have had to run two dogs at one trial :eek: (I can hear the multiple dog people rolling their eyes :rofl: )