2011 Brags Thread

Ok my little brag of my girl sasha. after only deciding this morning that we would do the exam after some convincing from other people in my class who just said it could just be another practice session for her. i wasnt going to try as my confidence level was so low with our instructor putting us down and last week pretty much saying that we wouldnt pass as she thought my girl wasnt very good i just went and thought of it as additional practice. got the shock of my life when we were called in third place. i didnt even hear it till others told me our name had been called lol. i just assumed we passed so went to get the certificate when i was handed a ribbon. it was such an awful windy day.Sasha heeling was pretty good which we thought we would fail at, her targeting was brillant considering the target got picked up by the wind, she still went for it and managed to get it on the ground to target it. her sit stays and drop stays were excellent considering that we had a huge distraction of the club doing an agility and flyball demo. she was one of two dogs that didnt break. All the others got up. so we have now completed the transition course and can participate in novice trial or primary companion. im thinking of primary companion but does anyone have any experience that could tell me what you do? im soo suprised and proud you would think we got first place but its just exciting as i honestly wasnt going to bother today. just went to support others in the class

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. What an incredible way to round out 2011.

Today was our last agility trial for the year....Ziggy ran so beautifully all day and came away with 2 Excellent Agility passes (both 2nd places) and 2 Masters Jumping passes. Incredibly that was just what we needed for his...

Excellent Agility and Masters Jumping Titles :happydance2:

To top it all off I won the raffle and Zig appeared (alongside Josh Thomas) on page 2 of The Age's Green Guide this week!

Nice work My Spotted Devil.....Yarrowfell High Society CD ADX JDM (pending :D) Thanks for a wonderful year :heart: Enjoy your sleep in tomorrow!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer::cheer::champagne::champagne:

Wow TSD - fantastic stuff - as youi say - what a way to finish a great year. You must be so very proud of yourself and the spotted one!!

Ok my little brag of my girl sasha. after only deciding this morning that we would do the exam after some convincing from other people in my class who just said it could just be another practice session for her. i wasnt going to try as my confidence level was so low with our instructor putting us down and last week pretty much saying that we wouldnt pass as she thought my girl wasnt very good i just went and thought of it as additional practice. got the shock of my life when we were called in third place. i didnt even hear it till others told me our name had been called lol. i just assumed we passed so went to get the certificate when i was handed a ribbon. it was such an awful windy day.Sasha heeling was pretty good which we thought we would fail at, her targeting was brillant considering the target got picked up by the wind, she still went for it and managed to get it on the ground to target it. her sit stays and drop stays were excellent considering that we had a huge distraction of the club doing an agility and flyball demo. she was one of two dogs that didnt break. All the others got up. so we have now completed the transition course and can participate in novice trial or primary companion. im thinking of primary companion but does anyone have any experience that could tell me what you do? im soo suprised and proud you would think we got first place but its just exciting as i honestly wasnt going to bother today. just went to support others in the class

Great work with Sascha, congrats!!

Where you go next probably depends on what your goals are. I went straight to the trialling class (different club but similar premise) because I really wanted to trial :) But if you're not sure either way, probably go the Primary Companion route :)

Thanks everyone it was such a lovely suprise i didnt even know they had called us lol. Congrats to the spotted devil too on your acievement. sashas reward is we are now down the beach. you wouldnt know she had ribbons when she decided to run off after a person and their lab on the beach as she had to say hi. gosh i was crossed. but its so windy here and i dont know if she just couldnt hear me or was ignoring me. so much for her recall. i hate it when its windy i swear she goes nutty

Whoo Jovi placed second in her (beginners) tunnellers run at Action Dogs Chrissy party, pretty chuffed with her performance as last weeks test run was a disaster! She would be that focused on me she wouldn't see the tunnel and then wouldn't go through it :shrug: This week though she run so well, I made sure too give extended signals and wait until she was fully committed before moving. It cost us alot of time but getting it right was more important :D

I also got the judges award for handlers in our class so really happy with that one as my handling was shocking when I first started :o

:laugh: Yes, it's been quite a year indeed! RS - the Performance Award encompasses any combinations of ANKC sanctioned sports.....basically anything other than showing.

lilmissascha83 - my forum name isn't "The Spotted Devil" for nothing you know ;) Zig is wonderful now - so willing and keen and easy to live with but, oh my goodness, there were many times in those first few years that I was just about ready to ring his Spotted neck :rofl: It was a case of getting inside his Spotted head and finding out what makes him tick :)

Go TO and Jovi :thumbsup:

Last obedience trial for the year tonight and it was Rubystar's night - well done mate - you should be mighty pleased with both your girls thumbsup1.gif

Bedazzled took out UD - good boy Brookie

Mason got his CD title tonight - so onto open you go - well done Candice.

Maureen and Jasper the pap got their CCD title - this is a little dog with lots of attitude - and everybody loves him thumbsup1.gif

For me Strauss won CCD and this is his title thumbsup1.gif Moo was 2nd to Brookie in UD BUT the best part was his attitude and the fact that I got 2 happy seekbacks - 1 in UD and 1 in UDX - a nice way to finish the year. biggrin.gif

I've been through a lot of crappy trials to finally get the sort of high I am on tonight!!

My girls took out Open, in a class of 15, with Ruby in 1st place with 197/200 and Millie on 2nd place with 196/200!! winner.gifwhee.gifhappydance2.gif

Somebody pinch me, Ruby beat Millie eek1.gif :D

Well done to Ptolomy and Strauss on their CCD and congrats to your other dogs who worked beyooootifully!!!!

Congrats to Bedazzled and Brookie on taking out UD!

To Candice and Mason for their CD title!!

And to ozjen and Jasper on their CCD title!!

Phew!!! What a night and what a way to finish obedience for 2011!!!!!!! :D :D :D