Norwegian Boy Sees Off Wolves With Blast Of Heavy Metal Music

Mila's Mum

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-...6-1225992097372

A 13-YEAR-OLD Norwegian boy saw off a pack of wolves with a blast of heavy metal music from his cell phone, music website Zvuki.ru reported today.

Walter Acre was walking home from school in the central municipality of Rakkestad when he found himself encircled by the four snarling beasts.

But just as they prepared to sink their teeth into the petrified youngster, he pulled out his mobile phone and cranked out a song by US metal legends, Megadeth.

Walter had previously been told not to run away from wolves but to face them and attempt to scare them away.

And sure enough, the tactic worked as the thrash guitar music sent the animals scattering in confusion, Zvuki.ru said.

The Russian music website said that Walter made it home safely, using one final blast of music to see off a stray wolf that was prowling close to his front porch.

Firstly, the boy's name is supposed to be Walter Aker, obviously the news site ran the story through a translator and it translated his last name. (I am Norwegian, and I know "Acre" is not a last name)

Secondly, very weird story. All the wolf stories I have heard suggests that wolves don't like humans, are scared of them, and stay as far away as possible. Not to mention wolves are critically endangered in Scandinavia and so even seeing one is unlikely.

I consider it more likely that it was a group of huskies or malamutes or crosses thereof, and the boy thought they were wolves. There was an incident a few years ago where a 7 year old boy was killed by a group of huskies (or malamutes, I alway get them mixed up).

Edited by fuzzy82

I consider it more likely that it was a group of huskies or malamutes or crosses thereof, and the boy thought they were wolves.

I consider it more likely that it didn't happen at all :D "The boy who cried wolf" springs to mind!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...