Can A Male Dog Wear Purple Collars?

Bubitty

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT...
(the groomer thought poor Mish was a girl - I LOL'ed so hard, but I think it suits him :laugh:)

The groomer thought your dog was a girl even AFTER grooming him? Did they miss something????

Not very observant at all :):):rofl: :D :(:(

LOL yes it was a bit of a worry!! I asked the same thing but apparently the person who did the ribbon was a different person than who did the grooming.

The next time we took him he got a very manly blue ribbon :(

Don't tell Leo's breeder but I just ordered him this ribbon for his collar from Huga http://www.ribbonsgalore.com.au/shop/index...94ecda2aaf38b02 ....I thought it was high time people knew the truth about the Bullmastiffs... :laugh:

I made that ribbon into a collar for a friend - it was for a pretty little girl Whippet though :)

He will look very ahem ** manly in that :(:)

when you've got a shorthaired dog they can wear any colour - gender is not confusing :) :) :rofl:

:laugh: I dunno, everyone thinks Angel's a boy if she's not wearing a girly collar!

Yeah, a certain coloured collar may not help the gender ID situation. Everyone assumes Tonka is a girl at first because he is pretty :( Angel must be pretty too!!

Edited by FlyingFurball

Yeah, a certain coloured collar may not help the gender ID situation. Everyone assumes Tonka is a girl at first because he is pretty :laugh: Angel must be pretty too!!

Is Tonka the one in your avatar? I concur - very pretty!

OT question - do people get upset if someone thinks your dog is a bitch? Like if you have a fluffy so it's not apparent and someone says what a pretty girl, does it make you cranky?

But that's not to say boys can't also have pink or purple accessories :(

hair4.jpg

(the groomer thought poor Mish was a girl - I LOL'ed so hard, but I think it suits him :laugh:)

I remember that, Mish looked SO proud of himself in the photos you took. I cracked up laughing, I love a dog with character! He did look very pretty though.

when you've got a shorthaired dog they can wear any colour - gender is not confusing :):rofl: :D

:laugh: I dunno, everyone thinks Angel's a boy if she's not wearing a girly collar!

Yeah, a certain coloured collar may not help the gender ID situation. Everyone assumes Tonka is a girl at first because he is pretty :( Angel must be pretty too!!

I specifically only put Kyojin in blue collars/leads yet everyone still calls him a girl. Um hello, you can see his bits from a mile away!

When we bought him one of those poo bag holder thingies we could only get a hot pink one, so I always hide it in my handbag and use them as discreetly as possible :)

I specifically only put Kyojin in blue collars/leads yet everyone still calls him a girl. Um hello, you can see his bits from a mile away!

Back to my earlier post - does it actually worry you that people think he's a bitch? He's got a pretty face so I'd probably think he was a girl as well if I came across him in the street and I'd ask if I could give 'her' a pat

OT question - do people get upset if someone thinks your dog is a bitch? Like if you have a fluffy so it's not apparent and someone says what a pretty girl, does it make you cranky?

I've had a judge go for a testicle grope on my bitch.................she's a Dane, it's pretty obvious :laugh:

I also had a woman insist that Dozer (my bitch) couldn't be Dozer as she'd seen her in the paper and he was a dog :)

Both times I thought were funny. :(

I've had a judge go for a testicle grope on my bitch.................she's a Dane, it's pretty obvious :laugh:

I took a cairn into a bitch class for the owner and almost fell over when the judge went for the testicles. urmmm it's a bitch class *shakes head*

The reason I asked the question is because I said 'what a lovely boy' to someone and she snapped back with 'SHE'S A GIRL'. Found myself apologising profusely and now I'm so worried about upsetting a dog owner about getting the sex of their dog wrong I ask 'boy or girl?' but then my brother came to sydney royal with me one year and asked a breeder if 'boys or girls' in his breed were easier to live with and the breeder was so precious he snapped back 'it's dog or bitch not boy or girl'. OMG when bro told me about it we fell apart laughing.

Doesn't upset me if people mix mine up,I have one of each,I do get mildly irritated when people who have asked repeatedly still mix them up,but only from the point of view that I feel like I am wasting my breath! Plus my two often wear their collars with their names stitched into them and since the boy is called Alfie I am not sure how they can think he is a girl? His named collar is purple with white stitching ,Issy's is black with white. They have matching leads and I too am a little bit addicted to collar and lead shopping.I get cranky because they need martingale collars for walks and nobody seems to make these in anything other than plain colours. OH thinks it a total waste of money and would just buy purely practical stuff and frequently sticks non matching gear on them,when we go out locally people sometimes remark "we know who dressed these two today" LOL. I am drooling over the Ruthless collars and think they may be next on the list.

when we go out locally people sometimes remark "we know who dressed these two today" LOL.

:laugh::(:) That's cute. I'll have to have a pretend dummy spit if my OH puts mismatching collar and lead on one of our dogs

I just thought of another example. A woman stopped me while out walking one of my dogs and asked 'what's her name?' I said 'Mister Moo'. She asked me why I called a girl dog Mister Moo. I responded with the obvious and said 'because she's a boy'. She then apologised to my dog :laugh: He doesnt care what someone calls him as long as it isnt late for dinner.

I remember that, Mish looked SO proud of himself in the photos you took. I cracked up laughing, I love a dog with character! He did look very pretty though.

I remember that too and thought it was hysterical :laugh:

Back to my earlier post - does it actually worry you that people think he's a bitch? He's got a pretty face so I'd probably think he was a girl as well if I came across him in the street and I'd ask if I could give 'her' a pat

I wouldn't say it upsets me as such if someone just happens to automatically call him a girl as I know that sometimes when you first meet a dog it isn't always obvious, though it does annoy me slightly when I correct someone and they continue to call him a girl, repeatedly. There have been a few occasions where I've been talking to people about him and they'll ask questions about him so I'll respond in such a way that states his gender "He's 6 months old" "Thanks, we really like him too." etc. etc and they'll continue to respond by calling him female.