You Walk Your Dog In The Rain?

Red Fox

"Why would you walk your dog in the rain? "

"You get up at 7am to train your dog?"

"You must be mad to have a large dog in the house, he needs to be outside!"

"You make your dog work for his food?"

...."So your dog NEVER pees in the house/eats the couch/digs up the backyard/barks all night??"

Yeah funny about that :laugh:

People are so dumb :thumbsup:

I'd think working people would be up even earlier than 7am to walk the dog before heading off to work.

I know once I have an older Aussie, I'll be getting up ridiculously early to make sure it has it's daily walk before heading off to work. Rain or shine.

:thumbsup: Funny you posted this Secretkei as whilst I was out running with my dog earlier this afternoon... in the rain :) , I was thinking to myself (as I always do if it rains and I'm out running) how absolutely stupid the idea was to go out in the rain. But after a run in the rain, I feel good and my dog always seems to look happy and content....so it's not that stupid after all.

But then again, I'm a jogging junkie who's also a dog person, so that makes 2 sicknesses :laugh:

"Your dogs are little... why are you getting them trained?"

"You put your dog in a cage? that's cruel"

Yes, I walk my 2 in the rain. They have rain coats and everything too!!

Edited by CW EW

:( Funny you posted this Secretkei as whilst I was out running with my dog earlier this afternoon... in the rain :mad , I was thinking to myself (as I always do if it rains and I'm out running) how absolutely stupid the idea was to go out in the rain. But after a run in the rain, I feel good and my dog always seems to look happy and content....so it's not that stupid after all.

But then again, I'm a jogging junkie who's also a dog person, so that makes 2 sicknesses :)

You guys don't have a goldie! :o I will avoid walking/running my dog in the rain, mostly because it's a PITA afterwards to dry her! :(

I walk/run her everyday though, just wait for a dry spell.

And always at 6am (unless it's raining :cry: ).

As well as the dog should be outside comment. I hate the large dogs shouldnt live in the city mentality. Apparently it's "cruel".

Havent had anyone dare say it to me recenlyt though.

I also get the "wow, your Labrador is skinny!".

*sigh* For starters she's a GR & secondly they should be fit looking, not fat.

It's so nice to see a Labrador or GRT that is of healthy weight. It's almost a rare occurrence.

My Kelpies are very athletic, with lots of muscle tone and I always get the "wow they are so skinny!" line....only because they've only ever seen fat kelpies.

And yes when I talk about crate training in my puppy classes, I also get looks of concern and comments of "but they are so cruel" (sigh)

Edited by Kelpie-i

Said to me by an obedience instructor when I showed up with my Siberian:

"I wouldn't bother with one of those"

Oh not quite a question either, but a stupid comment at a recent trial I was stewarding at, when a competitor asked me what kind of dog I had, I told her I had a beagle and she said knowingly with a rather disgusted look on her face, "Oh good luck with that. You'll never get its nose off the ground." Hmmmmmm :(

Edited by huski

One time I had my old little Pembroke Corgi and my Finnish Lapphund with me and someone asked if they were the same breed. Errr.... :( Is this a trick question? I checked my dogs to make sure there wasn't a third dog that had somehow snuck in and could be considered similar to one of the other two. No... Then they asked me if I was going to breed them. When I said no they asked why not. I didn't know where to start! After a moment of stunned silence I said "Well, for starters they are both desexed."

Said to me by an obedience instructor when I showed up with my Siberian:

"I wouldn't bother with one of those"

Oh not quite a question either, but a stupid comment at a recent trial I was stewarding at, when a competitor asked me what kind of dog I had, I told her I had a beagle and she said knowingly with a rather disgusted look on her face, "Oh good luck with that. You'll never get its nose off the ground." Hmmmmmm :)

Haha huski, but you are mad - you've trained a BEAGLE in drive :(:mad:(

Here's one from my 9 year old niece (that actually did make me laugh) "Figure 8's are STUPID, it's not like you're ever going have to actually do them in real life" :cry:

I had this the day before yesterday after I said how I was sleeping in the loungeroom with the ceiling fan and a pedestal fan going on me and the dog (in her crate) because it has been so hot.

A- "You're STILL keeping that dog inside at night???! She's not a puppy anymore! She's a dog! That's cruel to keep her inside when it's so hot! She needs to be outside!"

Then A turned to another colleague.

"B, where does your dog sleep?"

B- "Outside..."

I just walked away. Why do I feel like I need to defend myself? :(

A few months ago when I showed A a photo of Ruby's dog bed destruction, she said

"I thought you were taking her to dog school? Doesn't look like she's learning anything..."

Sigh.

I so often have this weird sort of conversation that goes like this:

They say: I don't think Digby is a Great Dane.

I say: that's right he is not a Great Dane.

they say: his head is different to a Great Dane.

I say: yes

they say: and his body is different to a Great Dane

I say: mmm yes that is because he is not a Great Dane.

They say: he's not tall like a Great Dane

me: uhuh

you would not believe how many times I have had that conversation with people. and with some people I have had it more than once!

Haha huski, but you are mad - you've trained a BEAGLE in drive :o:(:(

I know, it's nuts. She mustn't be a beagle though because I can keep her nose off the ground :) :)

Here's one from my 9 year old niece (that actually did make me laugh) "Figure 8's are STUPID, it's not like you're ever going have to actually do them in real life" :cry:

:mad

Edited by huski

I'm really really cruel because my pup is crate trained. "What you put her in that metal cage and lock her in :(:):cry: "

ummmm if it's that cruel how come Latte puts herself to bed in her crate for naps during the day and at night all I have to say to her "time for bed" and she runs into her crate, lies down and falls asleep without a murmer.

the wierdest one was when my darling maltese and cavalier RIP were alive and I was asked if the maltese was the mother of the cavalier :mad

and yes I do walk my dogs in the rain.

I get this with Moose too. Uh no, he's supposed to have a waist! Contrary to what the general population think about Chi's. :)

I also get 'is that ALL you're feeding him??' if I'm dishing out dinner. He's just over 2kg and his stomach is probably the size of a brussel spout (if that), it doesn't take much to fill it. :(

Edited by moosepup

Its amazing how many times when I tell people I'm taking Quinn to training classes people say "I thought you were training her yourself?"

And I had someone ask me if they could use Buster as a stud a couple of weeks ago. I was kinda shocked, I think he's beautiful but he's just another cattledog mix. They're words "We have a blue girl at home in heat and we want to breed her, is he desexed?"

... Ahh yeah, he's desexed, he's a mutt, he has a deformed tail, hip dysplasia and dog aggression. I don't even think he has much cattle dog in him and we don't have a clue what his background was before we found him. He's a lovely, lovely dog but the world doesn't need any more of him.

Oh.. also Quinn is too skinny, why won't I breed her? Why I do I bother with training, teaching her sit, come, stay wil surely suffice. (I'm sure living with an 8 month old understimulated BC would be fun but its hady having a dog that can close doors for you and pick things up off the ground for you)

Edited by busterlove