What's The Most Ridiculous Thing Your Dog's Been Called?

~Rumour~

What is the silliest thing you have heard your dog been called? My Border Collie boy gets everything from Aussie, GSD x, Husky X

but the other day, I kid you not I had someone comment what a nice looking pomeranian I had!!!! I am very stumped at how my Border got confsed with

a Pom?

Also was with a friend and there Greyhound x, when one lady said to her son look at that Bull Mastiff....

Further more I was in a bookshop the other day with the OH, I began to flick through a puppy book of some sort which had a photo of a beautiful Aussie Shep labelled as a Kelpie?

Some people....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest english.ivy

My Pointer got called a Dalmatian the other day :laugh: He has very large solid liver patches with very few spots [aka ticking].

I thought all kids knew what a Dalmatian looks like!

I often get asked if my Labs have any Labrador in them. Apparently, they aren't fat enough to be a purebred :laugh:

Also been asked if one is part ridgeback as she had her hackles up.

Aww poor dogs lol. But aren't labs meant to be barrels on legs that can't walk 5 steps not energetic lean gorgoeus dogs???

I often get asked if my Labs have any Labrador in them. Apparently, they aren't fat enough to be a purebred :laugh:

Also been asked if one is part ridgeback as she had her hackles up.

haha i get this all the time!

She often gets called a pointer cross and of course the ridgeback when she gets all excited and her hackles go up.

We also get mini-labrador.With all these mini-groodles and mini labradoodles i think people maybe think there is a mini labrador now.

a vet student kept calling her a labradoodle the whole way through the consult and asked if i got her at a pet shop?

One person would not believe that she was a purebred labrador and insisted she was crossed with a pointer and told me id been ripped off!. ummm my dog, i think i would know????

Also a very strange one- a black golden retriever????

However most people seem to realise she is at least part lab, with my aussie we got the weirdest things-

of course the typical response was "thats a lovely border collie you have"

we got rough collie cross

kelpie cross

old english sheepdog

Koolie

sheltie

or sheltie cross

honestly i think some people didn't even believe me when i told them the australian shepherd was a breed.

honestly i think some people didn't even believe me when i told them the australian shepherd was a breed.

I'm experiencing this and I don't even own one (yet) :laugh: When they hear the shepherd part, they are either imagining a German Shepherd, or flat out refuse to believe it's a real breed. Why do these people (mostly those in my office) who aren't dog people, presume to think they know better than me, the resident crazy dog lady? :laugh::)

Edited by RubyStar

Someone commented on yellow Labs once with " I didn't know Rottweilers come in white" :):laugh:

:laugh: :D really :whip:

my rottis have been called rockwheelers :birthday: and aggressive mean and nasty :thumbsup:

Whenever I had rescue Rotties. If anyone contacted me wanting to adopt a Rockwheeler they were an automatic NO lol