2 Puppies & A Kitty

kja

Needed an office break so threw on my poor 24 that doesn't get used enough and went to torment the animals for a few minutes. Then I came back to the office and messed around for two minutes (about my attention span for editing LOL) to try to create a new black/white preset as my existing ones weren't doing it for me today :)

so, nothing exciting, just mai pets during a couple boring moment of my day. Thought I'd share.

Lobo

FEB11_133kja.jpg

Dora

FEB11_134kja.jpg

Tilly (with Dora & Boof in the background)

FEB11_135kja.jpg

Canon 1DIII, Canon 24L 1.4 II, ISO (in order) 1600, 800, 500, f2.2, 1/40

Feel free to let me know if the conversion appeals to you or not :D

BTW I don't know why but if you actually click the photo to view it the image looks crisper - so clearly something here on DOL isn't playing well with something over at Photobucket! Oh well.

Edited by kja

Thanks, Guys :thumbsup:

Presets are shortcuts you can make in Lightroom (I don't edit in photoshop much since getting lightroom). Basically, you do your adjustments on an image until you are kind of digging it and then you click the + symbol on the left hand side of the screen and name it :thumbsup: That easy.

Then when you want to apply it to a new photo, you just click its name. Super easy. Even easier -as you run your mouse over the of presets that you have, you can instantly see the result in a preview window on the left of your screen while the main image stays the same until you are ready.

Once you apply the preset, you can still tweak every single thing with just the flick of the sliders (contrast, brightness, white balance, saturation, vignette - absolutely everything!). This is awesome coz often a preset will get you moving the right direction but isn't quite there so being able to subtly (or not so) tweak it saves mobs of time and effort.

@anniek - I think I can email it to you, if you want it. I made it, it's not a bought one (btw I don't understand buying presets, they are so easy and you don't have to spend years learning about layers and overlays and intricate manipulations!)

Edited by kja

@anniek - I think I can email it to you, if you want it. I made it, it's not a bought one (btw I don't understand buying presets, they are so easy and you don't have to spend years learning about layers and overlays and intricate manipulations!)

Oh thank you - I actually don't use lightroom too much unless I want something really special as I find I just get bogged down playing as it is so adictive. [email protected]

LOL I have those days when I think "I'll just play for one more minute" and then I find I have 100 different versions of the same photo and can't choose - I try very very hard to not do that too often! Luckily, I've trained myself to whip through edits in LR most of the time :rainbowbridge:

I'll get the preset to you soon :rainbowbridge:

AH I see now. Lightroom is the only Adobe program that isn't in my design suite. Hmmm, I just assumed I could get by without it seeing as I have Photoshop and Bridge. I might have a play and see if I can get the same look in Adobe Bridge.