Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kja - Love those dragonflies :D

tlc - The 5th one is really pretty and interesting :) I haven't really used my 17-70 for macro stuff, I'll maybe try this weekend and see what it can do. You'll find if you get a dedicated macro that you'll see a whole new minature world out there :D

Here are just a few :o more I haven't put in here yet :)

6938189861_2d794ed335_z.jpg

6288915300_dc133e2982_z.jpg

Looking Out by HairlessHounds, on Flickr

6740765027_a46ebc80a9_z.jpg

Juvenile Praying Mantis by HairlessHounds, on Flickr

6845696856_43bf5c1c04_z.jpg

6901952299_a4e8f13945_z.jpg

6901952691_543090ed63_z.jpg

Edited by CrazyCresties

CC, those shots are amazing! Your lens in the 60mm Tamron yea? I am really looking forward to getting a macro lens and have definatley made up my mind it will be next, Just cant decide which one! I love stuff close up.

I really havent got a clue how to use the 17-70 as a macro, am I supposed to get close with the 17mm end or zoom in to the 70mm end, I just had a play with mine the other day to see what worked but its not really close enough, Its supposed to be a macro lens but doesn't take pics like yours above. It can get up close but not super close if that makes sense.

Edited by tlc

It's just a diffuser, really, that connects to your speedlight and around your lens. It's very flattering for people and gives that ring reflection in their eyes.

Output1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1238983285701

ring-flash-29.jpg

Edited by huga

CC, those shots are amazing! Your lens in the 60mm Tamron yea?

Thanks tlc :) Yup I love my little Tamron :D

It's very flattering for people and gives that ring reflection in their eyes.

And make cats look super evil :laugh:

Adore!! I would print this and put this on my wall - WANT!

Thank you :o You're welcome to a copy if you really do want it :) I've just remembered I have to find a pic for that 1m canvas - this might be a candidate!

Nobody really knows why Nikon call them micro instead of macro. They are weird :laugh:

Gorgeous! Yeah my 17-70mm just gets close.... Certainly can't get super detail of bugs! Hmmm, it did make me feel a bit motion sick though!

Hmmm, wonders if I 'need' a dedicated macro lens.... Am thinking I like your 105mm? Huga!

The 105mm is nice, I love it - but I don't use it for macro as I am simply not interested in macro (for me, I don't mind browsing through the images of others though).

Did you see Snook's recent thread? She's just bought the 105mm and is doing really well with it. They are a completely different lens to use and take a bit of getting used to!

I adore it for portraits because it gives very creamy, compressed backgrounds.

Edited by huga

Just as a side note, I have been doing some googling and the 60mm Tamron will go on a full frame but the 60mm Canon won't. I have decided to make sure all the lenses I get from now on will fit a full frame should I ever decide I want to upgrade. So that narrows it down for now between the Tamron 60mm and the Canon 100mm