Breed Clubs...

SparkyTansy

Are you a member of your local breed club (if there is one)?

Yes I am, I've been a member since its inception, I am also an office bearer of the club.

If you are a member, what kinds of activities take place that you are involved in?

I go to all club functions, we hold a champ show, an open show, an obedience trial, a field training/fun day and a winter walk

If you are not a member, why not?

N/A

What kinds of activities would you like to see more of in your local breed club?

I am happy with the activities offered.

Is your breed club involved in Breed rescue?

Yes, the club will investigate if a Gordon is reported to be in a pound or shelter, normally the breeder is found and contacted and takes the dog back.

I don't know if there is a Japanese Spitz Club in NSW.

If there was, I'll probably join :(

I don't know if there is a Japanese Spitz Club in NSW.

If there was, I'll probably join :(

I second that :rofl: I hear there is also a NSW Spitz club - but I can't seem to find any info online about it.

QLD club details listed here HERE

Yes

If you are a member, what kinds of activities take place that you are involved in?

Shows. In the last 6months or so they have started up training days, and health seminars.

n/s

What kinds of activities would you like to see more of in your local breed club?

More community events - dogs day out, pet expo etc

yes, there is also a very good private one.

Are you a member of your local breed club (if there is one)? Yes

Toy Poodle Society of Victoria

Members Competitions including pet classes, Open Shows and Championship Shows

Poodle Club of Victoria

Members Competitions including pet classes, Open Shows ,Championship Shows and obedience trials.

Poodle Club also have a stand at Melbourne Pet Expo

I'd like to see a Big Day Out just for Poodles. Location, preferable Albert Park Lake.

The Poodle Club of Victoria is.

Sorry

I

Just

Can't

Stop

looking

at

this

picture

DrChris.jpg

Edited by poodiful1

Yes

Dog showing. Have done a breed meet and greet with a couple of my dogs at a local pet shop and sold raffle tickets there for the club as well.

N/A

We used to have a FUN day where Labrador owners could come along and play some games with their dogs - musical mats, fancy dress, simon says, 3 legged races, fastest eater etc. You could win prizes.

We had demos of obedience, agility, flyball, drug detection, retrieving etc...and apart from the drug work, we encouraged ppl to have a go with their dogs.

We always took along a few dogs and always chatted to the public and it is how I met one of my closest friends.

Unfortunately we don't seem to hold them anymore - which is such a shame as we always had a good turn out.

Yes they are.

Edited by MissMonaro

Member of:

Afghan Hound club of the ACT

Afghan Hound Clubs of NSW and QLD

Hound Club of the ACT - also treasurer

Irish Wolfhound Club of NSW

Showing

N/A

I pursue other activities through other clubs/options eg Obedience and lure coursing.

Yup all are involved in rescue.

Yes , Rottweiler Club of NSW

>>>

Voting , When they held the Open Fun Days I would attend and enter classes.

>>>>

N/A

>>>>

Bring back Open Breed Fun Days :(

>>>>>

I Believe they are . By sharing news of Rotties needing new homes .

I have to admit it's not something I've ever thought about before! I just had a look at the website and it looks like they do Obedience, Agility and Show classes. I am interested in Agility so probably would attend for that but they meet on a weeknight which is no good for me. But that's my fault, not theirs.

There has been some talk recently of breed clubs in a few threads and it got me thinking...

Yes I am A member of NSW newfoundland dogs

They have newfie days, which i try to attend, but are a long way away, so we do miss out.

Newf rescue.......I try to help if and when I can and I have two rescue's as pets now

There is a newf specialty show also one in Vic, I am sure other state's too

Yes........I think all breed Clubs should be

Sorry that this limits those who's breeds to not have a breed specific club... but if you'd like to contribute to the thread in other ways (past clubs, interstate breed clubs, partial group clubs etc) please feel free.

Edited by newfsie