Camera Club

CrazyCresties

So I've joined a local camera club......it that a bit nerdy? :laugh: I think I'm about 20 yrs younger than the average age, but that means there is a lot of experience there to learn from :laugh:

Anyway there is a monthly competition and the next one has a set subject of 'Abstract' 'A pictorial & pleasing arrangement of colours /shapes which are not recognisable as known objects.'

Would you say this is abstract enough :)

5384395754_0ca82a0a3c_o.jpg

Oh Geez .Im on the brink of joining one. Does that mean I need to invest in some thick rimmed glasses & let the greys show through????? :) This one caters for kids as well as adults so I guess I can take my choice as to what group I belong to LOL.

Oh Geez .Im on the brink of joining one. Does that mean I need to invest in some thick rimmed glasses & let the greys show through????? :confused:

Well I don't need my glasses for photography - yet! but there are more than a few grey hairs showing through, so perhaps it's the right age group for me after all :laugh:

Thanks for the comments on the photo guys :laugh: I'll go with this for one of my entries then, need to think up another abstract one now as 2 entries per member allowed. I'm not naturally arty so should be interesting :laugh:

I think that's a great photo for an abstract comp. It's also one of my favourite photos that you've posted. The colours are amazing!!

It is a bit geeky joining a camera club but in saying that, I'm a member of one.. lol.. although haven't actually been this year yet. I'm a bit disappointed with the set subjects for this years competitions so not feeling as motivated to join in as I was last year. There's heaps to be learnt from good camera clubs and although ours has a lot of people in the retirement (or close to) age bracket, there are also quite a few people who joined last year that range from late teens to around 40 or so which is bringing more diversity in. It's great to have people with loads of experience but in my opinion at least, it's better to have that balanced with some younger people who may have new approaches to photography that are less traditional.

Good on you for joining up and I hope you get heaps out of it!

Quite Abstract and yes Snook your absence has been noted!