Ozentries

Pockets

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I am not involved in a club....

I would think it would be easier for everyone involved to get with the technology and have online entries.....the other states are so lucky, it has revlutionised there system :mad

Some exhibitors complain about the extra charges they incur if they enter on-line, but I love it. I wish all the NSW shows used it.

I would love to be able to enter online :mad least you have a fair wack of NSW shows that do it :mad

I was told it creates a lot of work for the show secretary, they have to write out all the entry forms and address the return envelopes etc. I can't see any way around the addressing of the envelopes but would love to know if there is a way to get a suitable print out of entries so they don't have to be hand written.

OVCC had it last year but not this year cause of those problems and as I am show secretary this year I am glad even though I use Ozentries myself.

You print them out. You CAN choose not to have the entries sent out when you set it up, so they dont HAVE to have all that extra work. But none of us up here write anything out by hand, let me assure you!!!

I would love to be able to enter online :mad least you have a fair wack of NSW shows that do it :mad

Maybe eastern part of NSW but certainly not all of it. Also have only found a few in SA that use it.Mostly bigger ones such as royal though.

You print them out. You CAN choose not to have the entries sent out when you set it up, so they dont HAVE to have all that extra work. But none of us up here write anything out by hand, let me assure you!!!

well that's what I argued, no way people would be writing out hundreds of entry forms, maybe next year

Maybe eastern part of NSW but certainly not all of it. Also have only found a few in SA that use it.Mostly bigger ones such as royal though.

Yeah SA hardly ever uses it unfortunately.

From a show secretary's perspective I think it is less work not more. You don't have to do any reciepting, you don't have to deal with bounced cheques and there are macros you can use to convert the exhibitor file and exhibits file into envelopes and entry slips. Takes much much less time than it does to process manual entries.

From an exhibitor's perspective, your entry is not lost and you can double check what you have done at any time. You can also sneak entries in at the last minute without having to bug the show sec to see if they'll be accepted. This is also less work for the show sec.

Yes it's more expensive, but for me not when I consider how much I get paid an hour and the amount of time it takes me to muck about with manual entries including posting them.

Edit: Rebanne I can send you the merge word docs for envelopes and slips if you like. Just PM me an email addy.

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

I thought it was a little too expensive. Especially with multiple entries.

I use Dogsoft.

That will do me.

and herein lies the problem... Dogsoft will only print your entry forms out for you. Ozentries allows you to enter and get a receipt immediately. No wondering about whether your entries got lost in the mail or making sure that you have enough money in your cheque account when some shows don't even bank until after the show. Some people use postal orders rather than having a cheque book and some people pay very high fees for using a cheque account. I'm lucky that I only pay 50 cents per cheque and no other fees for my cheque account. Some people are even luckier and have no fees on their cheque accounts.

For the conveniece of the system offered, I much prefer doing my entries via Ozentries!!!

I cannot believe people who let their accounts get too low when they have written out chqs! If you have written out a chq, then you do not have that money to use - so WHY DO IT???? Am I the only person in the world who actually balances my chq book!!!!

When I have written the chq, the money is no longer available to me - regardless of when the chq is banked!

Can you tell I am a Show Secretary??? LOL

Amazing how many Banks make mistakes these days....

Just wish all shows used it... cheaper then doing entries via postal....

Same here!

There are usually no shows that we can enter in Victoria via Ozentries and it really does suck......especially if you don't have a checkbook, money orders are expensive!

Just wish all shows used it... cheaper then doing entries via postal....

Same here!

There are usually no shows that we can enter in Victoria via Ozentries and it really does suck......especially if you don't have a checkbook, money orders are expensive!

Agree with you there Tollers, money orders being $5.95, plus postage....pain in the butt

It sucks we dont have the luxury of ozentries :confused:

I cannot believe people who let their accounts get too low when they have written out chqs! If you have written out a chq, then you do not have that money to use - so WHY DO IT???? Am I the only person in the world who actually balances my chq book!!!!

When I have written the chq, the money is no longer available to me - regardless of when the chq is banked!

Can you tell I am a Show Secretary??? LOL

Amazing how many Banks make mistakes these days....

I am a show sec too, and while I have never personally bounced one of my show cheques, I have certainly dealt with those who have and it is a pain in the neck. My comments about it are not related to balancing my cheque book, tho' I do like the fact that the money is immediately secured when you lodge with OzEntries. My comments are about the irritation of having to make the phone call, then collect the money + bank fee from someone who is inevitably embarrassed and/or defensive. OzEntries saves me (and them) all that aggravation.