Rocky 30/5/02-7/3/11

witheverythingiam

The most awesome dog in my world was PTS this morning.

My lovely Boxer boy Rocky deteriorated these past few days, and the decision was made to have him PTS this morning, as we don't like seeing our dogs suffering.

Rocky was bought for my husband, as he always wanted a Boxer, and I'm glad he did. Even though he was his dog, I was primary dog trainer, and we enjoyed doing Obedience together (we got our Novice sweepstakes certificate), then trained for Endurance, and got his title, trained in Agility - just for fun, then finally, where Rocky found his niche - Lure Coursing, where he got to Open Courser level.

He was the class clown at Obedience, and had a short attention span, so we had to make it fun fun fun. Of course, we took him to the Boxer National in Brisbane, but because he was so in awe of all those other Boxers, he just sat there, just looking around when we did the recall - embarrassing at the time, but we just laugh about it now.

He did AWESOME at the Endurance test, even though he was a little TOO enthusiastic, and pulled me almost the whole 20km, and we had to keep slamming on the brakes so as not to run into the lady with the border collie in front of us.

Rocky just THRIVED at Lure Coursing - he LOVED chasing a plastic bag around a big open field. Almost every meet he won his group or combined group, and was invited to the Invitational both years we were there. He also won the best Boxer trophy in 2006, with LOTS of competition - he was so good at it, that breeders who had been going for years left, because he couldn't be beaten. :laugh:

I also remember the time when he was coursing and was watching the lure so intently, that he didn't notice a 1m high plastic barrier fence until he was around 2m away from it, and had to littrally jump straight up in the air, but he still cleared it with ease.

But his biggest achievement of all, was that of a beloved pet. He loved to sit in our laps, or on our Labrador Molly if he was cold, or didn't want to get his bum wet on the grass. He gave Lara big sloppy Boxer kisses.

RIP Rocky - the best Boxer in the world! I hope to see you sitting waiting patiently in a sit-stay for me at the Rainbow bridge. LOVE YOU BOY!

rocky3.jpg

Rocky - Australian Bred Boxer of Distinction

WEIA,

So very sorry for your loss, that was the most lovely tribute. Brought tears to my eyes.

Very good friends of mine have a Boxer (always had Boxers) he is also the clown of the family. So much so my friend is having knee surgery next Monday as he decided she was fair game at the dog park the other day and took her legs out from behind her. He thought it was a good idea.

So very sorry again. I can tell Rocky will be missed.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being a 1 dog family again. It's such a foreign feeling, and I think my Lab Molly is a bit confused as to where her annoying little brother is. We've had Rocky since just before Molly turned a year old.

What a handsome, handsome fellow! Rocky sounds as though he possessed all the most charming traits of a Boxer... sloppy kisses, short attention span at times, over enthusiasim and determined to always be a lap dog.

My heart goes out to you... so permanent are the pawprints they leave in your life!

WEIA, what a stunning and talented boy! Sounds like an absolute character and gem of a dog.

Sounds like we went through a similar experience. Hugs to you, I know just how devastating it is! How are you doing?

Run free Rocky you gorgeous boy, keep an eye out for my Kuges, you guys should have fun together clowning around.