Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news Trisven?

Up until this week I have had some lovely enquirires and have a few great homes lined up, today is obviously puppy research day though as I have had 4 phone calls so far today - 1 not bad, a couple were questionable but OMG that last phone call was awful. I struggled to remain polite while suggesting they ring someone else, lol

Sorry guys was out all day with family for Easter but sadly not good news for us. :confused:

We've had a terrible week here and were really hoping for a positive to counter the bad week but it wasn't to be. Now we wait until August (ish) to try again.

:confused: :D :) Oh Trish, I'm so disappointed for you :) dog breeding has so many highs & lows.

Even when you try not too, you get so hopeful when changes appear in your girls, and that makes it more shattering if the news is bad :D

Huge hugs,

fifi xxxx

ohh bugger trish xx

:confused:

i know how you are feeling- we will try with kloey again too around then-

suprisingly i was quite upset that she wasnt pregnant

And i am even still studying her now!

I am sorry about your litter plans too IL :-(

do keep an eye on her though, wouldn't be the first wolfhound to have one unoticed puppy up high & surprise their breeder !!!

fifi

How is everyone else going?

I spent 1 day of the weekend rearranging the room we will use for Jazz to whelp. I didn't think I would manage to leave room for the box and the queensized bed that is in there but I did (with a few cm to spare) which is good as it means I can sleep in there if need be (and I expect even if she is coping I wil want to anyway for the first few nights). Tomorrow we pick up the whelping box from a friend and I am also looking into puppy pens and vet bed.

I checked out Bunnings yesterday to see if they had any of the compost cages to use as puppy pens, but nope :cheer: I am checking out another Bunnings today but have also enquired about 1 on ebay to find out the postage. I don't think we will use a puppy pen a lot but I want it as a just in case.

Next on the list of jobs is preparing the outside puppy run. Our carport area will be used for that (it is fenced off from the rest of the yard and has a lockable roller door the other end and is about 10m long by 3m wide and a mixe of concrete, pavers, grass and dirt) , it is not where I had planned on having it but given they will be a winter litter I decided that it would be better to use as it will be 50% under cover. I am just trying to work out what to use across it as a wind/rain break. The open side of the carport is the way the rain normally blows in so I want something to keep an area dry and draught free. Then it is just a matter of tidying up the plants that are growing wild in there.

As for Jazz - she is getting really whiny and clingy. To pat her there is absolutely no mistaking she is pregnant - she is normally so toned and athletic and now there is a very tight belly that is getting larger by the day (she has already changed how she sits) but photos still do not really show anything.