Fauve Wins Bis!

Trisven13

Sverdrups Yvon "Hagen" imported from Denmark, won Best in Show today at Morwell-Taralgon Members Comp Show!!!

Woohoo - he is the first Fauve to win a Best in Show and whilst this was a Members Comp Show I have no doubt he will go on to bigger and better things. He is only 14 months old and a stunning dog!!!

Best of all he is the father of Marie's "hopeful" puppies. Very, very excited!!!

I was there and saw the win, he is a very impressive young man. He has a real presence about him, and I expect to see him doing really well in the all breeds shows. It was lovely to see a rare breed go BIS too, and as soon as I saw it, I thought of you!

ETA (My boy Isaak won puppy in show in the PM show. Just my little brag for the day....yep, it might be "just" a members comp but I couldn't be prouder if it was Crufts!)

Edited by GayleK

Congratulations Kath and Hagen :)

Yeah she was pretty happy. I have no doubt that he is going to go on to many more big wins and be the first big winning Fauve in Australia. She has done a fabulous job of bringing a beautiful example of the breed into the country. Here's hoping that he produces some great puppies too!!! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D OMG !!!! I just saw this :thanks:

Super congrats to you and Cathryn and Hagen :D

He is a stunning boy :thanks:

and where was my phone call or PM ?? hmmmm??!!! :(

Has Marie come home ?

fifi

Photos to come - just waiting on some that have been taken to be sent to Katherine - hint hint BBJ ;) .

I have seen many photos of him obviously but nothing that I yet have permission to post OR that Katherine has received in a downloadable form from the photographer. His importation has been a long time coming but he has been well worth the wait.

Marie comes home next weekend. :D Sorry to not ring you Fifi - I thought I'd seen you in "the Show Ring" around the same time and I didn't want to ring you to tell you when you would read it here. :o

ETA - Apparently, technically, it is a Best in Competition win not a BIS being a Member's Comp Show. We don't have them here on the Border, to be honest, so apologies for getting the technical term wrong. Regardless it is the BIGGEST win for a Fauve here in Australia so far but I'm sure he'll be seen in more BIS line-ups. He is, without doubt, the nicest Fauve in Australia.

Edited by Trisven13

Well, the prize I received for Isaak had on it Best Puppy in Show, so as far as I'm concerned, Best in Show is good to go for Hagen.

What a pity the members comps aren't more widespread. They are great fun.....just like a real show but smaller and more relaxed and of course, no points.....they are judged in groups rather than breeds as the entry is small. The judges are trainees who need them to gain their judges licence, and they are generally thorough and take a lot of time to go over the dogs and talk to the handlers. The judge of the PM show saw me afterwards and told me my boy had "textbook perfect movement" and that he is absolutely beautiful. Never, in any other show, have I had a judge say anything about my dogs, let alone something so complimentary. Now I know what's attracting a judges eye, I can enhance it and make sure he's always moving nicely.

Hagen drew a lot of attention from onlookers yesterday, lots of people were asking "Isn't that a kind of basset? How do you pronounce the name?" so he certainly didn't go unnoticed.