Toowoomba Royal 2011

Just found out that two of my pieces of art I submitted in the Royal were placed in the show.

A Bullmastiff pastel portrait of my furkids placed second in the Fine Arts section I entered and my carved leather picture of my furkids was awarded a first in the Leather section I entered

woo hoo

:hug:

I'm not entered.

Oh no Erin, what happened to Abby?

Stupid girl has pulled a tendon in her shoulder. She went lame a month ago at a show and I'd also noticed that she kept moving her left front leg everytime I stacked her. Took her to Rowan and she's pulled some tendon, apparently the only tendon in the body to go over two joints or something.

He said it will take 6 weeks of rest to heal. I said you've got 4 weeks, fix her! We are off to Sydney over Easter. We go back to see him again on Monday for another injection, then again on the 14th April. Bloody dog!

I'd rather rest her now and make sure she's good for Sydney, than push her through these shows and she not be moving properly at the specialties. She's been out of the ring over two weeks now. I'll show her the weekend before we leave and see how she goes.

I am going but think I might clash:(

Normally I would just drop one out, but being Toowoomba Royal would love to show both.

This is my first time at Toowoomba does anyone know how the rings are set up?

Is it possible to do both rings? I have a Scottie and mini Schnauzer entered.

Failing that does anyone want to show a Scottie :rofl: (I have an extra pass to get in)

I am going but think I might clash:(

Normally I would just drop one out, but being Toowoomba Royal would love to show both.

This is my first time at Toowoomba does anyone know how the rings are set up?

Is it possible to do both rings? I have a Scottie and mini Schnauzer entered.

Failing that does anyone want to show a Scottie :rofl: (I have an extra pass to get in)

There will be a big marque placed in the middle of two rings. Well that is how it has been for the past three years :D

If they clash there will be someone there to help.

Parking and space will be oh so wonderful. NOT

I had a look see the other day when I was dropping off my art work and at that stage there will stillboulders in the top ring space(not where the Royal judging will be) and the grass was 6 foot long there as well.

whether or not that part is mowed I have no idea.

Thanks stonebridge, hopefully they do some some mowing!!

Congratulations on your wins too :thumbsup:

I was just looking at the program could someone confirm?

Are Group Specials on the day or are all done on the Saturday, it looks to me like they are not till Saturday.

Congrats SB!!!!!! Your art rocks!

Not going up the hill. Too much drama to get there, get up and down the hill, parking, kids have to have the day off school (two days actually for two groups) then if you win you have to go all the way back. Been there done that! Won a Best In Group at the Royal and in show! Good luck to all showing.

Edited by *Shelties N Danes*

Congratulations on your wins too :hug:

Are Group Specials on the day or are all done on the Saturday, it looks to me like they are not till Saturday.

Last year the groups were done on the day your group was being judged. Then those winners of group had to go back on the Saturday for General Specials.

WOW! Congrats Stonbridge!! Fantastic! :happydance:

@ Erin Aww poor Beaglet!

Congratulations on your wins too :happydance:

Congrats SB!!!!!! Your are rocks!

Not going up the hill. Too much drama to get there, get up and down the hill, parking, kids have to have the day off school (two days actually for two groups) then if you win you have to go all the way back. Been there done that! Won a Best In Group at the Royal and in show! Good luck to all showing.

Thanks eveyone. I am pretty stoked.

Not a happy camper at the moment though with my entry.

My chq has been cashed but i havent received my pass or number in the mail.

am 99.99% positive I sent a return envelope

will sort it out

Hey SB I didn't manage to hobble up the hill today but will probably go back Saturday, I watched the working hunters and as predicted was totally spewing my horse would have been right up there in the placings as there were only a few decent jumpers out of the lot!

You going Saturday? I'm going to see if my mum's scooter works and scoot around on that, far too difficult to hobble around I was dead just getting from the horse floats to the main arena! :thumbsup: got my Shannons chips though! :)

I think we are going for a blast on the bike on saturday but if I sweet talk OH we may end up there for awhile :thumbsup:

weather permitting of course.

I got the flu/cold. I feel horrible.

Had a really good day though. The Bullmastiff entry was only 2 which is quite pityful really.