Dogs With Sensitive Skin Goats Milk Soap

Just thought i would share. The herbalist told me to was my sensitive skin dally in goats milk shampoo and wow it was fantastic the first time ever i have washed her and she didn't get red skin or welts i just bought a cake of it from the local health food store for $3.00 its a human one it was nice and soft on my hands as well. So if your dog is sensitve might be worth a try i was worried trying something new but it worked great for her

Anything with oats in makes my allergy dog itch. Dogs with atopic dermatitis will not improve from being washed with a specific soap as its what they inhale that makes them react. May help for contact allergies but from what i have heard true contact allergies are actually rare.

I have used a goats milk with lavender & rosemary made for washing humans hair (dry scalp) & it worked well on my girl, & she smelt devine. Unfortunately I have misplaced it somewhere (hope she didn't eat it) so this posting was a reminder to me to get some more...not that I wash her very often. :hug:

Billy Goat soaps are fantastic, OH uses them as he's allergic to most things and it really helps sooth the skin and fix the dry patchy flakes

Hmmmmmm...trying to work out how you would get Billy Goat soaps....would be hard to milk I would imagine :hug:

For dogs and cats with sensitive skin, I would say the less you add, the better. I have to avoid anything with oatmeal and any types of plant extracts as it sets Orbit off.

If you're wanting to add anything, maybe something medicinal? I'm not sure if its qualities would last, but Manuka Honey to soothe and heal damaged skin and help with skin infections?

To be honest, a lot of things added to cold process soap don't survive the saponification process (when the oil and lye react to create soap) so a lot of things are used for label appeal. You also cannot make any medicinal claims so beware of products that say they cure or treat certain conditions. You can't add additives in large quantities or they go off as well.