My Dog Took Sick Yesterday With A Mystery Illness

jase293

hi guys,

my old staffy boy was very stiff and seemed weak , yesterday he has never been sick before, he was a rescue dog that i have had for 8 years, when i got him he was a mature dog so i am guessing he would be around 10 to 12 years old, i took him to the vets, were he is still there, he seemed to be sore in the stomach real tight , and was taking small breaths like he was sore in the stomach, well the vet said his gums were pail, she took blood to check for anemia , she said to check for a bleed inside, then she said he might have a liver or kidney ploblem ? so today they took more blood to check if the liver or kidneys were okay, so the results came back that they were fine, then she treated him for rat poisen as she said a heap of dogs around my town had eaten dead mice and got sick, she then gave him antinflamatories ? she said he was a mystery dog ? so we have been a bit stressed out worring what his wrong with him, ? oh i told the vet that last week i sprayed heaps of roundup around the backyard, and i thought he may of eaten some grass with roundup on it, she said it shouldnt hurt him ?

do you guys have any suggestions ? or something i should be asking the vet to check for ?

sorry if this is in the wrong section,

regards jason

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind words guys, its pretty crappy at the moment as the same month last year we lost our old staffy girl to old age , so im hopeing my old mate will be okay ,

i have been thinking of getting another dog for a while now, but i dont know if ill ever take the step of getting another 1 ?

ill let everyone know what happens when i hear from the vet again ,

regards jase

hi guys,

i went to the vets today, my old boy is looking like his old self again, the vet still couldnt find what happened to him ,? she said she put him on antibiotics, and also vitamin k , and said he responded to the vitamin k , well when he came out of the vets backroom he started peeing everywere , he went 2 times in the vets waiting room :laugh: then i took him straight outside, he then started peeing again like mad, he peeded in the car, then 4 more times outside ? he went for at least a minute of none stop peeing the 1st time, it was like he ha been holding on for the whole time he had been at the vets ? since saturday , he couldnt stop, , well now that he is back home he seems to be like his old self, she thought he was tight in the stomach, but after all the weeing he looked and acted fine, so we still dont know what happened to him after all this , but im glad he is still here with us, here is a pic of my old mate jock,

jock.jpg

thanks everyone, he seems to be his old self again, and is getting around like he is a young dog , i know he must be feeling better because he wanted some tucker , its a great to have the old boy back home,

regards jason

• 5 months later...

okay guys, time for a update, well it has been around 6 months since my old boy was sick, well yesterday we had him back to the vets, we noticed that he was getting around very slowly and seemed to be very bloated , well we got the worst possible news we could get , the vet checked him out and said he felt heaps of lumps in his stomach , well later on thay done more tests and said he was full of tumours , so we had to put my old mate to sleep ,

it was a terrible to lose my old mate , but i didnt want to see him in pain, so long old boy,

anyway i just thought id let everyone know the latest ,

regards jase,

ps , rescue dogs make the best pets