Ideal Dog Trailer

Bisart Dobes

For a small trailer I would like a wardrobe running the length of the trailer not crosswise. A 3 berth with a lengthwise wardrobe with a door on the end, not the side so I can slide my large gazebo in. Plus fit all the extra's

Thats interesting - I was thinking that a false floor would work for a storage area but they have a trailer base worked out with drainage points so thats out. But maybe false roof with higher trailer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ideas! Definately awnings!

* Longer drawbar to make reversing easier.

* Trolley carrier

* Water holder (like Jerry can size)

Hopefully you'll be up and running early next year - I'll be able to afford my 2-3berth trailer by then! I want one with all the bells and whistles :cry:

Tick to drawbar. No to trolley carrier - all storage under roofline (secure & dry) and different size water tanks :). As I said prior these will be topline trailers - maybe that is a good name :cheer:.

If it all gets off the ground we will advertise on DOL - ofcourse where else would you :cheer: - so you will know where to look.

Interior Lighting and heating/cooling would be nice too. Also the option to remove interior walls to alter a four berth into a larger two berth.

GOOD & ample interior lighting - check.

Cooling - yes.

Heating - not sure that would be needed - a well insulated trailer generally holds a nice temp when the dogs are in it. Will look into that though.

For a small trailer I would like a wardrobe running the length of the trailer not crosswise. A 3 berth with a lengthwise wardrobe with a door on the end, not the side so I can slide my large gazebo in. Plus fit all the extra's

Thats interesting - I was thinking that a false floor would work for a storage area but they have a trailer base worked out with drainage points so thats out. But maybe false roof with higher trailer.

no to a false roof, would impede air flow, that's why I don't like wardrobes crosswise. Once filled with stuff it would impede airflow and mine would be filled to the roofline with stuff :cry:

false floor would be very doable. Very slight fall with drain pipe leading to the outside

And yet no one has mentioned the plasma screen and DVD control panel for each bay so the dogs can watch movies.... lol

My dream Trailer, would have a Canopy that extends over the top when at shows to keep the trailer cool and covered/ or extends out so you can sit with your dogs at the trailer...

Hydrobath insert with water storage to wash dogs on long trips (or dirty ones lol) Hmmm might need a genorator stop in there tooo...

fold out steps... for little dogs :cry:

that and the usual clothing storage and tack box and trolley/crate holder lol

Love Rebanne's idea. Gear would be easy to get to, wish my trailer had it!

This is our BFT. Built to our specifications and it works really well but I would love it if it was half the weight :o

8 berths which fit two Sibes easily in each. Storage up top and underneath as well as a compartment in the nose. We take our quad bike in it to training but then our rigs, scooters etc go in the front of it when we are racing.

Each side has an awning so the dogs are shaded if sunny but also out of the weather if raining. We have an annex that fits on the right hand side (like a caravan) and this is perfect for when we are camping. We can either sleep inside the front of the trailer or in the annex.

26317_106818526012012_100000515945741_182305_6808847_n.jpg

Access door this side so we don't have to open the ramp all the time.

26317_106818696011995_100000515945741_182308_1738017_n.jpg

Storage underneath which is large enough to put our annex, sleds, ski's etc.

31678_124751894218675_100000515945741_268624_1521033_n.jpg

When we ordered this trailer we knew it would be big but when my husband picked it up, he nearly died :o

This is our BFT. Built to our specifications and it works really well but I would love it if it was half the weight :cheer:

8 berths which fit two Sibes easily in each. Storage up top and underneath as well as a compartment in the nose. We take our quad bike in it to training but then our rigs, scooters etc go in the front of it when we are racing.

Each side has an awning so the dogs are shaded if sunny but also out of the weather if raining. We have an annex that fits on the right hand side (like a caravan) and this is perfect for when we are camping. We can either sleep inside the front of the trailer or in the annex.

26317_106818526012012_100000515945741_182305_6808847_n.jpg

Access door this side so we don't have to open the ramp all the time.

26317_106818696011995_100000515945741_182308_1738017_n.jpg

Storage underneath which is large enough to put our annex, sleds, ski's etc.

31678_124751894218675_100000515945741_268624_1521033_n.jpg

When we ordered this trailer we knew it would be big but when my husband picked it up, he nearly died :)

Now THAT's a trailer!!!! :):birthday: I want one toooo!!!!! :rofl: can go away and sleep with the fluff-bums!!! would need a new car to pull it too! don't think my van would like it much! :) Mine wouldn't need to be quite so big, as my dogs are smaller than yours! but what a bloody brilliant idea! :)

edited cause I can't spell today! :birthday:

Edited by edgesmum

This is our BFT. Built to our specifications and it works really well but I would love it if it was half the weight :)

When we ordered this trailer we knew it would be big but when my husband picked it up, he nearly died :)

WOW

Now THAT's a trailer!!!! :laugh: :D I want one toooo!!!!! :) can go away and sleep with the fluff-bums!!! would need a new car to pull it too! don't think my van would like it much! :) Mine wouldn't need to be quite so big, as my dogs are smaller than yours! but what a bloody brilliant idea! :)

Our son, who is 4, loves sleeping in the trailer with the dogs. We camp in winter at races and it can get pretty cold but with 11 fluffies letting out hot hair it's very cozy.

And yeah, a car with a large towing capacity is a must :D

Thats great - there is a company in the UK who make a similar trailer but they have living quarters in the front. They make them out of fibreglass & aliminium - much lighter. That would be the go - they also have interchangable dog pens / storage area, it can all be moved around & clips into place. Very interesting designs.

My biggest moan when I was looking for a trailer was they all seemed to be built for bigger dogs. I want dividers of smaller mesh that don't have any gaps where they can get feet or heads stuck and the externals mesh doors I would like to be tiny mesh that snugly fits the entire door so no ability to stick fingers or food through the door.

Damn i don't have photos right now - but ours is a BFT - a bit of a different shape to Idigadog, but has 10 berths (4 single berths, 6 that can fit 2-3 sibes each in), tack box, sleeping quarters/storage at the back, water storage, stove etc

She's a beast, but wow does it make packing up and travelling so easy.

We had it at the Bunyip show the other week - sure had a few people stopping and staring!