Does Anyone Else Miss Being Able To Buy White Bed Linen?

Isabel964

In our house the "stealth vomit" is when someone decides to slink away - have a major upheaval - ensuring of course it is frothy and lurid yellow. The objective seems to be to hid it for as long as possible so that it is found a day or two later and as such will never ever be removed from said carpet, furniture, manchester etc...........

Yes!

I would love to have a white based doona cover with a tiny floral pattern on it, but white is a no go. I'm also reluctant to buy expensive bedlinen, because there will inevitably be some dirty foot prints or a stealth vomit that wont wash out and it would make me too sad, lol.

LOL, whats stealth vomit????? :)

In our house the "stealth vomit" is when someone decides to slink away - have a major upheaval - ensuring of course it is frothy and lurid yellow. The objective seems to be to hid it for as long as possible so that it is found a day or two later and as such will never ever be removed from said carpet, furniture, manchester etc...........

Precisely. :)

Ooooh - I am on a wait list for Sammy puppies - are you telling me white is a possibility??? What about muddy paws?
I have white linen and doona covers, it's to hide all the white dog hair :)

Muddy paws can be a problem but I am super super fussy about the dogs feet and they get cleaned before coming inside :(

And good luck getting your puppy! :)

This thread is so funny for me at present. A couple of years ago I came upon a fantastic sale for great quality sheet sets so I bought a set in every colour they had - 6 all up I think. The only set never taken out of the packet was the white ones because there is no point with three dogs who sleep on our beds. I was talking about this at work and a co-worker with no pets is moving into a unit she has just bought by herself. She has to buy pretty much everything to set it up and so she said she'd buy the sheet set off me. I started to panic because I rarely get rid of things even if I am not using them and may never use them, particularly when they were a bargain. But I relented. Took the set in a sold it to her for what I paid for it. I would've let those sheets rot inside the packet before thinking of reselling them or returning them or even giving them to a non pet owning family member. Hey I probably would've dyed them had I thought of it earlier! Must learn to let go....

This thread is so funny for me at present. A couple of years ago I came upon a fantastic sale for great quality sheet sets so I bought a set in every colour they had - 6 all up I think. The only set never taken out of the packet was the white ones because there is no point with three dogs who sleep on our beds. I was talking about this at work and a co-worker with no pets is moving into a unit she has just bought by herself. She has to buy pretty much everything to set it up and so she said she'd buy the sheet set off me. I started to panic because I rarely get rid of things even if I am not using them and may never use them, particularly when they were a bargain. But I relented. Took the set in a sold it to her for what I paid for it. I would've let those sheets rot inside the packet before thinking of reselling them or returning them or even giving them to a non pet owning family member. Hey I probably would've dyed them had I thought of it earlier! Must learn to let go....

Lol you need to watch an episode of 'hoarders' - it will scare you into throwing things away!!

I have :thumbsup: - washed Missy Moo's corner pillow that she sleeps in on my bed this weekend - twice - and her dirty paw marks still won't come out - even with a very liberal application of liquid napisan... might be the age of the pillow case and particularly 'sticky' mud of my back yard!

BD (before dogs) - I had some lovely elegant white linen which I continued to use AD with another coloured sheet across them - but they still managed to get grubby paw marks on them.

Most of them are over 15 years old now and have started to go to holes with paws and feet going through them So replaced them at the sales in January with three QS 500 tc coloured sets and they are wonderful - wash like rags and the muddy paw marks are less obvious!

For Adelaide DOLers - I got each sheet set for around 70.00 each at the January sales from Harry's (Harris Scarfe) in the Mall who BTW have moved to the building where JB HiFi and Spotlight are - lovely colours and real bargains and seem to be putting up with the punishment well. (The last set of sheets I bought were Cotton House which I bought on sale for much more at DJs. They really disappointing and not up to their usual good standard - put my foot through them inside 18 months :thumbsup:).

So yes I love crisp white sheets but with three dogs they need more frequent washing than I'm prepared to do - so I've gradually replaced them with more forgiving colours! ;)

I have white bed sheets and white doona cover, but they are cotton and the magic words are "NAPI SAN". I must admit I have never had a stain on my sheets and doona cover that "NAPI SAN" couldn't cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by westiemum

The bed's an easy fix, her fur doesn't seem to stick with whtever fabric I happened to buy.

The curtains on the other hand and cover with while fluff to husky height.

Somedoggy enjoys looking out the window :thumbsup:

I have the same problem but its the cats not the dogs :D

We have a set of cream sheets that are just magical to sleep on. My beagle X was invited into the bedroom a little while ago and rolled all over the sheets. Needles to say my cream sheets look kind of greyish now as I can get all the black hair off them no matter how many times I've tried!!!

We pretty much get everything in black as it doesn;t show the beagle hair so badly then

I have light blue sheets and a cream set. Both aren't to bad. Even though my dog is mainly black when I have black sheets on our bed you seem to see the white hair so much more! :thumbsup: I wish I could have a nice doona set but yes Jet would cover it with dirt and hair!

Edited by ♥JJ

I had no idea how much cat and dog hair was in the bed until we bought a new set of white sheets. I always knew it was a risk (the white sheets), but I don't think I realised how big a risk.

Both the dog and cat have white and black (or brown) fur. Whatever colour we went for, they'd just roll over and leave obvious hairs. But blue/ grey certainly don't show it as much!