Does Anyone Else Miss Being Able To Buy White Bed Linen?

Isabel964

Does anyone else miss being able to buy white bed linen - like a valance and doona cover?

There is no point for me, because the dogs will dirty it within 5 minutes, maybe less. But I love white, I adore white.

But my doona covers are coloured to disguise dog-in-the-garden-smudges and rumbling-in-the-park-evidence-smudges.

I buy nice white sheets and I'll just have to stay happy with those.

Just wondering if I am alone in my slight tale of white-woe :thumbsup:

Yes :thumbsup:

Especially when my last dog was pale and I have about 4 (rather expensive) doona covers in cream or white as well as sheets in those colours. I now have a black dog who sheds...

I am stuck though - if I buy dark it shows up the ginger cat fur (he's a fluffy cat) and if I buy light then it shows dog hair. Same issue with rugs.

I miss having nice sheets too :)

If I have dark sheets on the bed, theres little orange hairs and slobber marks :)

Light sheets, you see dirty pawprints if it has been raining outside :)

Just means I have to wash the sheets more often. - worst job in the world

I have white sheets and doona covers - Perry has never shown any interest in sleeping on my bed. She does not try and get on the furniture either - she has a clear idea in her head that good dogs do not go on the furniture and barks at me to tell me off if I try and encourage her to join me on the couch.

I miss being able to wear black with confidence. I have a shedder that happens to be fawn/cream so now most of my clothes are tan/cream. Even if I never wear my black items around the house and only put them on when I am just about to go somewhere I still end up with some hair. It has well and truly infiltrated the place.

And white sheets? Not a hope.

I have one pair of white sheets, only because they were marked down to less than half price and no other colour to choose from. I do wash sheets every second day in summer and every third day in winter, Smooch feels the cold very much so climbs into bed with me, thats ok though as he climbs behind my sore back and keeps it warm all night.

I still buy white linen but it is only used in the guest rooms downstairs (no dog access).

OH was very proud of himself for buying a new doona cover late last year. Pale grey with an embroidered design. He couldn't understand why I thought it was unsuitable for our bed...fast forward a few months and it is a right pain to keep clean and the stitching has pulled/torn in several areas. Le sigh.

I still buy white linen but it is only used in the guest rooms

Same, and when visitors are staying I am constantly singing out Shut the doorrrrrr :)- as the cats immediately make a beeline for what is out of bounds.

I LOVE black clothes. My two ginger ninjas completely ruin this for me. I don't think I own a single piece of clothing that isn't covered in cat hair :)

And my white doona cover is looking pretty grubby from the dog slobbering next to the bed to get my attention. Can't win!

YES! I've just ordered a new coverlet for my bed (for the dog really!) to replace the white one that I am forever washing (even though the dogs blanket goes over the top, he still manages to make it dirty :) ) so while I won't see the dirt it will now be covered in white hair.....although I figure it will go nicely with the new black and white quilt cover!

Yes!

I would love to have a white based doona cover with a tiny floral pattern on it, but white is a no go. I'm also reluctant to buy expensive bedlinen, because there will inevitably be some dirty foot prints or a stealth vomit that wont wash out and it would make me too sad, lol.

Yes!

I would love to have a white based doona cover with a tiny floral pattern on it, but white is a no go. I'm also reluctant to buy expensive bedlinen, because there will inevitably be some dirty foot prints or a stealth vomit that wont wash out and it would make me too sad, lol.

LOL, whats stealth vomit????? :)