Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well, tell that to CYnda who is, I think, adament she is going to have her puppies outside :mad Take her out for a walk, no lead, and she bolts from me, so put a lead on her, and she just wants to come back in and sit. My bloody kids have been running amok too so stressing me out which has been stressing Cynda, so not helping :mad :mad

Forgot to add, i have the webcam on her so can watch to see when she starts ;)

Edited by SBT101

Ahh c'mon Missymoo - sleep is so overrated :laugh: We're still maintaining 24 hours supervision with Feonix because, as much as she now loves her pups, she's a bit of a clumsy girl. I'm currently on the 11pm - 3am shift while OH sleeps, then he will spell me for a few hours. I'm pretty sure my eyeballs are hanging down on my cheekbones :laugh:

Cynda is totally onto you SBT - wearing a lead means I can't go and dig a den, so if I'm on lead I don't want to go outside after all :laugh:

Omg Allerzeit! Well we just popped out number 5 here.. Come ON Cynda!!! My girl wasn't due till august! Lol all pups have been HUGE.. She yelped with the last one even :( can I say again... Maybe one more?

Edited by Missymoo

Any news?

Was 5 the final count Missymoo?

SBT - anything happening there? It sounded like Cynda was starting to seriously think about doing something *fingers crossed*

Question for you all - what vaccination protocol are you using with your pups? It's been a long time for us, so I'm feeling out of touch with current protocols. I know that the most recent AVA policy is 2 - 3 puppy vaccinations should be given with the last one at no earlier than 16 weeks, but when to give the first one? I suppose at 8, 12 and 16 weeks, but I feel a bit unsure about giving the first one at 8 weeks, and then sending them straight to their new homes without the two week waiting period after the vaccination, but is that accepted as the norm these days?

yep, final cound 8, shes content and settled with her babies, I had to bidily take her out this morning for a wee, and bloackade the door so she wouldnt run back in before she wee'd! lol 2 dark girls, 3 red brindle boys :)

Cynda any news????? Why are you teasing your mummy??!

Allerziet, Vacc I usually do 9/10 weeks and 16 weeks...and micro at the same time.

Congratulations to all the new puppies.

Fingers crossed for those on their way.

Sorry for the little ones we have all lost this month.

Here's to hoping WE all have a BIS in amongst our litters. MY 11 are growing so fast and have doubled in weight. They are pooing factories and I am having to change the bedding 3 times a day :eek:. I did not realise such a HUGE litter would be so exhausting, imagine how poor mum must be feeling. I often sit beside the litter box and smile at how wonderful they are and breathe in that puppy smell BEFORE the pooing begins.

post-38150-0-32971900-1312067019_thumb.jpg

Edited by underfoot

Any news?

Was 5 the final count Missymoo?

SBT - anything happening there? It sounded like Cynda was starting to seriously think about doing something *fingers crossed*

Question for you all - what vaccination protocol are you using with your pups? It's been a long time for us, so I'm feeling out of touch with current protocols. I know that the most recent AVA policy is 2 - 3 puppy vaccinations should be given with the last one at no earlier than 16 weeks, but when to give the first one? I suppose at 8, 12 and 16 weeks, but I feel a bit unsure about giving the first one at 8 weeks, and then sending them straight to their new homes without the two week waiting period after the vaccination, but is that accepted as the norm these days?

Allerzeit I have always given first at 7 weeks 12 and 16 weeks. C3 first, maybe C4 next.

Microchipp at 7 weeks need it for DNA and eye tests.

Then 12 months. I have recently taken to next one at 2 years later ie 3 years old.

I have heard of people having problems with the 3 vaccination.

Hi all congrats to all the new litter, and sorry to the ones that lost puppies. :cry:

Well I still have 3 puppies they are growing slowly, but on the up :thumbsup:

Mum Has no milk so bottle feeding them. They are 2 weeks old today and should be wormed but not sure as to do them or not ? as 1 is still not doing great, he puts weight on one day and stays the same weight the next has only gained 200g in two weeks.

post-24266-0-81759500-1312077349_thumb.jpg

post-24266-0-36532100-1312077363_thumb.jpg

post-24266-0-78814200-1312077381_thumb.jpg

Congrats Missymoo!! :champagne: :champagne: :champagne: If Cynda doesn't get her act together you might have the last July babes!! :laugh:

Zzz top your pups are lovely! Is it the roan boy that's not gaining so fast as the others? I hope you're getting some rest with bottle feeding, it's such an intesnive thing to do.

Allerzeit as far as I'm aware the new vaccine policy is based around immunity being developed within a much shorter time frame after the shot than the previous two week window - 24-48 hours maybe? I'm planning on doing them at 7 weeks, then again at 11 as I have a pup going overseas and he needs to enter his new home country right on 12 weeks to fit in with rabies shots. Phew.

You and your OH sound like us - doing shifts on puppy watch!! The lack of sleep catches up with you very quickly but it's worth it. We had only one pup rolled on, and if I hadn't been standing right next to the box at the time we would've lost him. Once was enough!! With such heavy mums it can happen so fast.

Marinapoint your brood looks beautiful!! :love: Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing from here.

Underfoot I hear you on the poo... :eek: Mine are eating several meals a day - milk replacer with mince. Poo factories. At least I know they're all getting plenty I suppose!! :laugh:

With such heavy mums it can happen so fast.

Too true! I don't feel like such a freak for the 24 hours supervision now :laugh: Feonix isn't the most spatially aware bitch I've ever known, and she has already trodden on a couple of the pups when standing up - and it's only because we were right there and able to grab them before her full weight went down that the pups weren't hurt.

It has been a difficult night/ morning at our home. Our girl began whelping at 2am and the first pup is the only survivor of a litter of 5. Totally gutted. Hope all goes well for everyone else still waiting

It has been a difficult night/ morning at our home. Our girl began whelping at 2am and the first pup is the only survivor of a litter of 5. Totally gutted. Hope all goes well for everyone else still waiting

Oh Noooooo Im so sorry, this happened to me and my girl last year. Only the second baby survived of 7...and it was my first litter :cry:

Devastating, I feel your sorrow :kissbetter:

I am so sorry Heidley :(

Well I am knackered. Cynda sorta started at 1am, nothing really till 3am, felt a sac, but just not progressing.Had to race her to the vet for some oxytocin and 5mins later, black/brinlde male 325g, then 310g brindle female half an hour, then nothing for another hour. Big red boy :D 339g, another hour, small red boy 280g, then 3/4 hour Cynda junior 305. All good weights but Cynda sure felt it this time the poor girl. Has retained a placenta too so will take her to vets tomorrow for check up.

These buggars had a slow start but they have been full on from the moment they were born :eek:

Cynda straight into motherhood

31-07-2011Birth064JPGresized.jpg

31-07-2011Birth066JPGresized.jpg

I have just been lying in ther with them and admiring/dozing :)