Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Jetpoint your girl sounds like she's a bit more attentive than mine. She really doesn't clean up poo at all - they are doing quite well at using one end of the playpen which is promising for housetraining!

Sonya is almost officially over it. She has to be shut in the playpen with the pups and is fond of standing up so they can't reach her milk and giving me the sad - "I want to get out" eyes.

But she still has vast amounts of milk so just has to deal with it - if i took them off her no doubt we'd have another bout of mastitis.

She escaped the pen last night when I (half alseep) didn't clip it shut properly. She got into the laundry, ate all the cat food and two days worth of thawing chicken mince (nearly 4kg...) all over the floor, then promptly climbed on the couch and went to sleep. So i woke up to one contented mum, a horde of hungry pups and a LOVELY mess in the laundry. All conspired to make me vey late in dropping off kids and getting to work. Not happy. I have no doubt she's she's snoozing in the sunshine feeling very pleased with herself.

And I'll be struggling to thaw more mince for the others - seeing as she's eaten all theirs... Will have to go buy some fresh stuff.

We have some very cute photos from yesterday though. Here's two of our boys :) :

Alexander4.jpgArinyes2.jpg

OMG these guys are soooo cute.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update. All are goivery well and stacking on the weight. Cynda has had a slight temp and still puffing/panting to much for my liking. Couldn't get into vets yesterday so going this morning. Hopefully put her on ab as she might have a slight infection from that last placenta i think.

She is such a loving and devoted mother. WHen one of her babies goes walkabout, she lets me by a little whine so I can come and bring it back to her :laugh:

I am looking like a zombie atm, haven't had much sleep, but still feeling ok at this point :o

Sounds good SBT - hopefully you'll be through the worst zombie stage soon. We had a mild temp, a very slight odour from the back end when she got mastitis so I think a little gunk from the last placenta too. Ab's cleared it up very quickly - but watch for tummy upsets in pups. Mine didn't respond to protexin until after the ABs were stopped - but Impact helped them a whole lot.

Edited by Alyosha

We got the all clear from the vets. Cynda did have a slight temp but we put that down to stress levels as she couldn't have her babies and was shaking, panting the poor darling :( There is one thing she needs to understand though, to much milk will drown her babies :eek: Everytime the pups get on, then the milk starts flowing, all you hear is spluttering as they have been squirted all over the face with milk :laugh: Once they get their berrings right again, back on they go.....

Day 2 weigh in and all have put on over 100grams since birth. I might be looking at some heavy bubba's here :o

Mia's babies are 3.5 weeks old now and are just so gorgeous, they are starting to run around a bit and play rough. There are two that I am far too attached to and just want to know which one is mine NOW!! NOW DAMMIT NOW!!! Maybe I could just keep both.....OH not happy about that idea!

Mia's milk is starting to go a bit overboard and she doens't always feed both sides so she gets up and there is milk everywhere! Trying to encourage her to at least roll over a bit so they can get in and have some 'left overs'.

Alyosha - so damn cute aren't they!!!

:laugh: Would be nice to just keep as many as we loved wouldn't it Jetpoint?? They are so good at working their way into your heart.

Ours are hilarious with their playing - they have the whole family in hysterics. And I still haven't found the video camera!!

Hi Guys congrats to everyone on there new little bundles of joy, & so sorry for those who have lost some of there little ones... my kids are 5 weeks old today, & going strong except for a little girl, she is happy and bight in herself but only weighs 800 grams, she is eating & drinking, but the others are so far ahead of her biggest 1.4kgs am going to take her to the vets to get her checked out just to make sure nothing is wrong ....pups are all on solids & weaning off mum just gving her the 2 smaller ones to nurse. however when i got home last night from work britt didnt look well at all, mastitis in onwe of her front boobies, so straight to the vets she was in so much pain with it...then vet said not to let them nurse so they had there last milk bar feast last night, she is on antibiotics & had a pain & anti- inflamatory injection, been putting heat packs on it & the hardness is almost gone this morning... she still isnt eating much, hence why I weaning them off her early, she looks like a bag of bones & of course dropping her coat doesnt help. she weighs 9.5 kg & is normally around the 11kgs....will post pics later today...... my tri girl is getting her eyes tested tomorrow so fingers crossed all goes well. & we are off to our first show this sunday at skye with my new boy am looking forward to it

Aw Britt, hope everything works out ok.

That will be one thing I will have to watch out for with Cynda. She has so much milk its not funny. Cynda is looking like how I feel this morning. Very worn out. The puppies have been whining alot though the night because they were either stuck behind her, or they needed to do a big crap. I was getting up like every 20mins or so :( Hopefully they will have a big sleep today so Cynda can have a rest too, oh and maybe me :o

I know how you guys feel about your keepers. This litter is the best I have dont to date, and at the moment, I feel that we have 5keepers but I know that I can not keep them all, so will make my final decision around 8weeks but I know it is going to be a hard one. :( :(

Aw Britt, hope everything works out ok.

That will be one thing I will have to watch out for with Cynda. She has so much milk its not funny. Cynda is looking like how I feel this morning. Very worn out. The puppies have been whining alot though the night because they were either stuck behind her, or they needed to do a big crap. I was getting up like every 20mins or so :( Hopefully they will have a big sleep today so Cynda can have a rest too, oh and maybe me :o

I know how you guys feel about your keepers. This litter is the best I have dont to date, and at the moment, I feel that we have 5keepers but I know that I can not keep them all, so will make my final decision around 8weeks but I know it is going to be a hard one. :( :(

I here ya SBT its like having a new born again lol. I have a lovely girl also from this litter, & 3 boys who i have left are stunning, however everybody wants females. i use to like females over males but since I have had the cavies males are my deffinate preference i will make my decision at 8 weeks also, if i do keep her i have to move one of my tri girls on... we have a small yard so one would have to go.. this is the part i HATE about breeding, but like someone said to me if you think the pup is better then the ones you have you have to move them on as it all about breeding from the best you have

Awww Allerzeit!! Soo cute!!

Hope you get some sleep soon - it makes for a long first two weeks.

I was late to work today - just couldn't tear myself out of the puppy pen - they're all trying to climb in my lap and give me kisses at once.

It's crazy how much work they are - lucky they're so worth it!!

We are 2 days old now and think we have some upset bellies. That will teach them for being big piglets.. :o But it was nothing tag team Cynda and I couldn't handle.

Here are a 'couple' of photos as I had the camera out all day today right next to the whelping box so in between cleaning, washing etc I could pop in from time to time and take a quick few snaps :D

Big Red Boy

1.jpg

7.jpg

Black Boy

10.jpg

9.jpg

Red Boy

3.jpg

White Collar Girl

4.jpg

2.jpg

Black Boy and Brindle Girl

6.jpg

Hey what do you give your puppies for constipation. I am guessing that is what it is. The 3 piglets are whining quite a lot. Have just given them some parrafin oil, will that help or is there anything else that would work better and quicker :(