Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to not choose until 8 weeks too underfoot, but with twelve of them it's nice to have some homes confirmed so they can head off at 8-9 weeks. Also our overseas boy had to be picked early to get his vetwork done and fit with rabies vacc etc. Sigh. I have some friends who have done the Pat Hastings lectures and they were hoping to practice on my guys which would be interesting.

I'd like to leave mine to 8 weeks too but even so at this stage we know who is and who isn't a contender so really we can line up homes for the others. I think deep down I really have known for quite a while who it is and I don't think I will change my mind - something pretty spectacular would have to happen for me to go in a different direction!

I'm reasonably sure who we will be keeping already (red or purple), but we will be assessing properly at 6 1/2 weeks and making our decisions then :) We need to leave ourselves enough time to do microchipping and registrations after we make our decisions, and still get puppies to their new parents at 8 - 8 1/2 weeks.

I've had my boy picked from birth and haven't wavered yet - we're at seven weeks. :) But would love to leave it as late as possible but have had to make some decisions around four and five weeks.

My girl was easy anyway as we have only three, I had a fantastic show home available for one so it was pretty narrowed down.

The one we've decided on was the one I picked the moment she was born. I told myself don't be silly - how on earth could I pick at that stage!! Really haven't gone off her at any point and now theyre 6 weeks old weve had another more experienced breeder that has been guiding us along the way have a look and we agree. There is one other girl I really like but I didn't really look at her much until I had a really good look at them all and thought - gee she's pretty nice too! Our boy is a REALLY nice dog but we aren't at a point where we can keep a boy yet. We've tried not to really 'pick' one until now but we've had to make some decisions along the way and I think you get to a point where you know who is up for contention anyway and who isn't.

It's funny, the three boys I really liked at birth are still the three I really like. But the girl I had my eye on at the start I have changed my mind quite distinctly about.

I have some friends who are very long term breeders (one a long term judge) coming to visit and go over them so I can pick their brains about what I might have got right and wrong in my assessments. Which will be fantastic. Can't wait. :D

HI gUYS

well all my babies have gone to there new homes except for 1 gorgeous male, & the little girl i am running on, it was sad to see them go, however they all went to such lovely homes, & my mad house can go back to normal of somewhat, my 2 girls are just about of heat thank goodness lol it was like a rotating circus here, even though my boy is only 4 1/2 months he was trying real hard, so was not risking it at all. how are everybodies else babies going??? my gorgous hubby bought me a new holden captiva last week & dying to get it on the freeway so am heading up to my dads for the day.......

Ours are just over 4weeks old now and are already starting to runomok and those bloody teeth, :eek: I have got the morning kisses and cuddles down packed now, a couple of kisses for each baby then its back on the floor they go otherwise I will end of with love bites,literally, all over my face :laugh:

Here is a couple of photos from today

Hemanakah Clodoveo - Mate

1-7.jpg

Hemanakah Espiridion - Atlas

4-4.jpg

Hemanakah Gervasio - Manu

16.jpg

Hemanakah Celestino - Shiloh

7-2.jpg

And the most outgoing one of them all, Hemanakah Divinia - Chaska

9-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

She was attacking my son in these photos and telling him all about it too,haha

Edited by SBT101

Sooo, my guys all passed Shunt tests! two have gone and the other two go today and tomorrow! :) Miss Red is Aimfor Made to Order and will heit showrings up north, and I am still undecided between my two boys, lol but he will be Aimfor Spankee Doodle Dandie..

post-3968-0-22869200-1314741315_thumb.jpgpost-3968-0-72779900-1314741348_thumb.jpg

Edited by Missymoo

Well most of mine are off this weekend - waiting for registered names.....fingers crossed they'll be back by the end of the week - they've taken my money so i'm hoping i'll get them back soon!

Pup 1, 3 and 6 are being picked up this weekend, pup 7 flys to cairns on monday, pup 4 is staying until the following weekend then heading off to NSW and pup 5 is ours. Pup 2 is the only one not sold and I desperately want to keep her for myself but alas the landlord is not going for it and we are about 12months of having our own place. Have a possibility of another lady showing her for us and running her on until we can take her back but not 100% at the moment so we may end up selling her too :-(

I'm going to miss them all so much but they have such lovely homes to go to I guess that is the only thing that will make it easier. Life will go back to normal to an extent but it will be sad to look out the window and not see all the pups playing in their pen.

Wow - I can't believe how grown up (and adorable) everyone's babies are, and that they are all heading off to their new homes! Where has the time gone?? I'm sure I totally missed August somewhere!

Here's some candid shots of some of ours from yesterday - they turn 5 weeks old today, so only 3 weeks to go and they head off into the big wide world!

Blue

blue-34days.jpg

Purple

purple-34days.jpg

White

white-34days.jpg

Yellow and purple having words

yellow-purple-fight-34days.jpg

I think this is green - it's either him or blue - the two of them just live in the cat tunnel :laugh:

peekaboo-34days.jpg

See?? :laugh:

green-blue-34days.jpg

Red

red-34days.jpg

My babies are 7 weeks now and all homes have been sorted.

We are keeping Ms Black (Yarrowfell Silk and Secrets). Ms Brown, Orange and Dallas are going to show homes and Purple and Blue are going as pets.

Got rego papers back today, DNA results back a few days ago and all are chipped and vaccinated. Will miss the little terrors but will get to see some grow up.

In a few weeks they will all fly the coop :-(