Concerned About Indies Weight Loss

julzjc

Give the OP some space peeps. She'll post if and when she's ready.

I understand what you're saying PF it's just that you kind of get emotionally involved when you offer advice so it's hard not knowing the outcome :heart:

Edited by Aziah

Give the OP some space peeps. She'll post if and when she's ready.

I understand what you're saying PF it's just that you kind of get emotionally involved when you offer advice so it's hard not knowing the outcome :heart:

I get the emotional investment. That doesn't mean we've got a right to press for information. She knows we're here.

Edited by poodlefan

As for rabbit, Ill try find some, no idea where but I'll try source it.

Try a butcher that cuts his own meat/carcasses. Often in the freezer section you can find a choice of wild rabbit or raised meat rabbits.

Maybe there was an underlying problem that was masked by the companionship and competitive eating while the other dog was with him.

Whilst some dogs can be ok on the lean side, it is important that the dog eats and drinks reasonably well or other side-effects from non-eating can arise, such as kidney disease.

Hope that you can isolate the cause on this.

Perpaps you could try a hot water bottle or heat pad, or a warm fluffy toy for a while, if they slept together this might help.

Wow, new DOL is a fair bit different isn't it.

Sorry, haven't read through any posts since I was last online.

All bloods, glucose, radiology tests done. They were convinced he had an underlying problem and said he really can't afford to loose any more weight!

He SLEPT the entire to time we were there, even in

consult, unless being physically examined his eyes were closed... Just wasn't interested in anyone or any animals.

Results are in..... Broken heart... Absolutely nothing wrong with him, just grieving. They said they have never seen a such a case of grief.

Giving him untill Friday to temp him to eat and then will look into syringe feeding, unless he gets worse before then. At this time we have been advised anti depressants

untill we exhaust everything else first. Have to try temp him with any high energy food and told to feed him "working dog" food but I highly doubt he will eat it.

He ate 1/4 BBQ breast on thur morning... ZILCH since then!

Please send all your hunger vibes our way guys!

Thankyou so much for all the advice, help and good wishes! We WILL get him better, I NOT loosing both my dogs!

Results are in..... Broken heart... Absolutely nothing wrong with him, just grieving. They said they have never seen a such a case of grief.

Oh, poor, poor boy :(

At least there are no serious underlying issues, but for him to be grieving so much is just heartbreaking. :hug:

Please send all your hunger vibes our way guys!

Sending lots and lots of hunger vibes!