May 2011 Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, really awesome photos everyone :thumbsup:

I've been practising and practising panning all month and haven't managed to get a single bit of focus in any of the shots I've taken! Oh well, it's been fun and I'll just keep practising - maybe next time this challenge comes around I'll have something more presentable but for now here's the pick from my efforts

i-Sbjfpbf-M.jpg

And a frozen motion from a little while back (before I became obsessed with panning!)

1214381434_PodAD-M.jpg

I think they're both pretty good Fattima, the light in the frozen motion is pretty. For the hardest thing about getting panning shots of my dogs is getting them to run side on from me, at a time I happen to have my camera in hand and at the right shutter speed. Sometimes they go pelting past me and I think Oh, if only I had my camera with me, then when I do have it all the want to do is trot calmly along in front of me.

I suppose I could go practice on cars but it's a different speed and I dont have much interest in photographing cars.

Thanks for the encouragement Kirislin. I'm glad Roky & Kiki don't move as fast as your whippets - you get some amazing shots of them! My OH might disagree but for me photos of cars, even if they are great panning shots, wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable to look at.

Come on everyone, more photos!!!!!!

As I have the same "problems" as you Kirislin, panning can't happen every day :laugh:

But I am determined to get a couple of good ones eventually, so even after the end of May I will keep coming back in here and post panning shots - if I ever get any worth posting :thumbsup:

Frodo? :rofl:

how did you guess :rofl:

that's the first time he has managed to get the really big pot on his head without it falling off

think he was pleased with himself :laugh:

oh no only 2 more days of this challenge, I wish i had taken more photo's as i love this months one

as mine always seem to be on the go..

Edited by Frodo's mum

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we could just continue this months challenge.

Here's Pucky yesterday. I'd planned on using TV at 1/200 but he wasn't running fast enough so I had to drop it back. Doesn't look as good but there's movement. I'm sure if I could just get them running flat out taken around 1/200 it would be really good.

5815676235_4340038f00_z.jpg