Udx

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brag time Brag time

Gabby finally cracked a pass in UDX with a score of 186 so that is the second pass only three more to go

FANTASTIC work girls its been a long time between drinks champagne.gifcheer.gifthumbsup1.gif sigh.......3 more to go

Brag time Brag time

Gabby finally cracked a pass in UDX with a score of 186 so that is the second pass only three more to go

WELL DONE!!! Fantastic results!!

ROXY won UDX yesterday with SIGH, 165 NQ Picked up the right cloth dropped it to check the others & accidentally kicked it out of the way by mistake & did not pick it up again None of the other entrants got the right cloth either

ROXY is getting almost perfect scores with most of the exercises. Just misses 1 exercise . I am so happy with the way she is working! That said, for most people, UDX passes are so VERY hard to get.

This with a dog that got her UD & then OCH. in only 10 trials. Very demoralising! So true.....One day a rooster, next day a feather duster .

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for you and Gabby xena98 ... let's hope you're on a roll now.

Ouch, CC - that must have hurt. Roxy is such a beautiful worker - she will get there.

In a way I'm not looking forward to UD, because I know how easy it is to mess something up in that - and UDX ... well hmmm ... a little way off yet.

• 3 weeks later...

By mistake I posted this elsewhere on the forum so please forgive my shameless indulgence in bragging in 2 places My 4 year old ROXY worked very enthusiastically in the rain mud & cold & now thanks to the wonderful Trials Albury put on, & to Judges Yvonne Ross & Gordon Parsons she now has 2 nice UDX passes.

Those homemade cakes & scrumptious pumpkin made by Val warmed us up. Thanks again VAL!!

I was also delighted that my 11 year old Violet, worked exuberantly (I guess she likes the cold & rain ) & won High In Trial today with 196 from Open

Woohoo well done huge congratulation Canine Coach. You will have your title in no time. Well we had two trials this weekend. Our usual problems no problem but has decided that she cant do the sendaway and today what is a stand is that a sit arghhh oh well next week is another trial :o

By mistake I posted this elsewhere on the forum so please forgive my shameless indulgence in bragging in 2 places My 4 year old ROXY worked very enthusiastically in the rain mud & cold & now thanks to the wonderful Trials Albury put on, & to Judges Yvonne Ross & Gordon Parsons she now has 2 nice UDX passes.

Those homemade cakes & scrumptious pumpkin made by Val warmed us up. Thanks again VAL!!

I was also delighted that my 11 year old Violet, worked exuberantly (I guess she likes the cold & rain ) & won High In Trial today with 196 from Open

CC that is wonderful news. :cheer::cheer::cheer: Clever you, and clever girls. Roxy is well on the way now - and good on Violet not letting Roxy overshadow her - HIT - :cheer: .

• 1 month later...

It was sunny very warm & there was a hot gusty wind relentlessly blowing all day, at KCC Park today

My most sincere thanks to the 3 judges who awarded Roxy her 3 qualifying Passes over the past 3 months, in UDX Class. These judges were meticulous in setting up their rings, encouraging & considerate & did their best to calm my nerves.

My ebullient "ROXY", Dual CH. (O.CH.) Cosalta G'day Roxy UDX RAE JDX AD ET , a 4 year old, silver Standard Poodle, attained the final Pass for her UTILITY DOG EXCELLENT (UDX), title with 193 points & also won Highest Score In Trial at the Poodle Club Victoria today. I have struggled training for this class & now, I am so VERY happy to have taken on the challenge! Now (SIGH........), being a glutton for punishment, I am going to TRY to get 5 more passes at UDX over 185 points to attain the very rarely attained, OBEDIENCE GRAND CH. title.

ROXY GOT A GRILLED SIRLOIN STEAK FOR DINNER & sides of steamed carrots & spinach

It was sunny very warm & there was a hot gusty wind relentlessly blowing all day, at KCC Park today

My most sincere thanks to the 3 judges who awarded Roxy her 3 qualifying Passes over the past 3 months, in UDX Class. These judges were meticulous in setting up their rings, encouraging & considerate & did their best to calm my nerves.

My ebullient "ROXY", Dual CH. (O.CH.) Cosalta G'day Roxy UDX RAE JDX AD ET , a 4 year old, silver Standard Poodle, attained the final Pass for her UTILITY DOG EXCELLENT (UDX), title with 193 points & also won Highest Score In Trial at the Poodle Club Victoria today. I have struggled training for this class & now, I am so VERY happy to have taken on the challenge! Now (SIGH........), being a glutton for punishment, I am going to TRY to get 5 more passes at UDX over 185 points to attain the very rarely attained, OBEDIENCE GRAND CH. title.

ROXY GOT A GRILLED SIRLOIN STEAK FOR DINNER & sides of steamed carrots & spinach

Absolutely brilliant CC - well done - now can i come for dinner tomorrow night - sounds fantastic! champagne.gifcheer.gif

Woo Hoo Congratulations Gee you went through very quickly and I dont think it will take you long now. Oh and I thought you had invited me for tea oops my bad lol

On a side note we had a mock trial and I put in Gabby for udx and the little bugger did everything correct including the sendaway and bugger me dead doesnt count and she got over 185 which I didnt really want to know. Now if we could do it in a proper trial would be great lol

LOL! IF & when ROXY ever gets OB. Grand CH, it will be EYE FILLET for ROXY!! I am (mainly), a vegetarian, but with all the hard work that goes into training & trialling for UDX I MAY also NEED a thick steak by then!!!!

I have always had a "ritual with my dogs that titles gained mean special steak dinner

Woo Hoo Congratulations Gee you went through very quickly and I dont think it will take you long now. Oh and I thought you had invited me for tea oops my bad lol

On a side note we had a mock trial and I put in Gabby for udx and the little bugger did everything correct including the sendaway and bugger me dead doesnt count and she got over 185 which I didnt really want to know. Now if we could do it in a proper trial would be great lol

That is excellent.!!!!! You are very lucky to have a trial like situation where you can practice!

YOU can join us for tea anytime but steak (EYE FILLET NEXT TIME) will not be on menu till another SIGH................FIVE passes over 185 sigh........I get depressed even thinking about the work it will take.......

Absolutely brilliant CC - well done - now can i come for dinner tomorrow night - sounds fantastic! champagne.gifcheer.gif

Dinner yes....EYE FILLET roasted sweet potato's, steamed spinach & baby carrots BUT you will have to wait till Roxy & I can manage 5 MORE passes over 185 The EYE FILLET will be nicely aged by then LOL LOL

:thumbsup::cheer:

CC, that is wonderful news - so very pleased for you and the beautiful and talented Roxy. And I do hope she enjoyed her very special celebration dinner. Wish I'd been there to see the success - I just love watching you and the girls work.

• 4 weeks later...

Roxy won UDX Class with 183 points at MELBOURNE ROYAL

Distractions included the usual amplified cheering from best In Group/show ring & the kids screaming on rides & Roller coaster right in back of us ........We have sort of become adapted to all this from previous years

IN ADDITION

The extremely high winds made the doors & metal objects around the metal shipping container, holding food & trophies right next to our ring, slam VERY LOUDLY, Repeatedly trash flew through the ring due to winds & large white banners came loose & flapped

Roxy was so driven to work, she never took any notice of all the ruckus ALL Points off were for multiple small errors just caused by her "need for speed", while performing each exercise

In OPEN CLASS, ROXY scored a perfect score in Heeling (VIOLET won OPEN)

One of the judges kind remarks was to publicly announce that ROXY was the 2nd only dog he has given a perfect heeling score to EVER & that she was one of the happiest dogs he has judged.