Udx

Well done on getting a lovely UDX pass Ptolomy, only four more and you will have your Gr Ob Ch title

And I am sorry that I was slack in congratulating Bedazzled on their UDX pass last week. Well done to you both too.

Tux has been sick and I was concentrating on getting him better, which he is now :)

Haven't done much in the way of UDX training so it will be interesting when we get back into it.

Vic first open Obed trial is in March.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kallistar - what's up with Tux?

This is Moos round from last night. I would like $1 for every spin he did between exercises thumbsup1.gif I also have to smile watching his PIM - his tail goes wag wag wag until I give him a PIM and then it stops until I collect him and then it goes wag wag wag rofl1.gif

I wish I could bottle last nights UDX performance :thumbsup: It was a non quallie as he sat on my return after distance control. Such a difference from the night before where you wouldn't think he'd been trained for the class at all :eek: What a difference 24 hours can make!!!!

The judge told me afterwards he had only lost two points so a bitter sweet round, but I am soooo happy he was happy!!!!

I wish I could bottle last nights UDX performance :thumbsup: It was a non quallie as he sat on my return after distance control. Such a difference from the night before where you wouldn't think he'd been trained for the class at all :eek: What a difference 24 hours can make!!!!

The judge told me afterwards he had only lost two points so a bitter sweet round, but I am soooo happy he was happy!!!!

Did your mum get it on video - I sure hope so. thumbsup1.gif

It was a nice round from the judge. The cones were hard to see in the light and its interesting that we are starting to get different wash cloth patterns.

Moo failed the cones and it went down hill from there ......

Unfortunately a lot of it is blurry...not a bad thing as its not that flattering of me :eek: I hate looking at myself on video. If I can just edit me out and show Brookie I'd be happy :rofl: I think the auto focus was having trouble with the advertising around the UDX ring.

Funny the exercise he failed is crystal clear and you can hear Mum's expletive!!!

Yes the scent patterns are starting to get interesting....for a long while we only had the standard box pattern and now we are getting lines up the ring, a Y pattern and last nights the judge called it an umbrella! I'm dreading the X... must train for that :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately a lot of it is blurry...not a bad thing as its not that flattering of me :eek: I hate looking at myself on video. If I can just edit me out and show Brookie I'd be happy :rofl: I think the auto focus was having trouble with the advertising around the UDX ring.

Funny the exercise he failed is crystal clear and you can hear Mum's expletive!!!

Yes the scent patterns are starting to get interesting....for a long while we only had the standard box pattern and now we are getting lines up the ring, a Y pattern and last nights the judge called it an umbrella! I'm dreading the X... must train for that :eek:

Sorry that Brookie missed out last night, but as least he was happy chappy.

Have you had a circle with the scented one in the middle? Had the straight line, square, circle, triangle, T Shape and semi circle (or Umbrella if you want to call it that) even a plus sign.

Have you had a circle with the scented one in the middle? Had the straight line, square, circle, triangle, T Shape and semi circle (or Umbrella if you want to call it that) even a plus sign.

I put out a question mark the other night....very appropriate I thought :D

Edited by caffy

I put out a question mark the other night....very appropriate I thought :D

Very :rofl:

The big circle with the scented one in the middle fools Brookie every time! He's always hated treading on the articles and its worse with the cloths so the middle one is difficult for him. Haven't had a triangle yet. The worst is the stewards fiddling around and shifting scent pools and hanging on to one article more than the others. I think it was much easier when they had tongs and there was only the Judges scent to find.

Edited by bedazzledx2

The big circle with the scented one in the middle fools Brookie every time! He's always hated treading on the articles and its worse with the cloths so the middle one is difficult for him. Haven't had a triangle yet. The worst is the stewards fiddling around and shifting scent pools and hanging on to one article more than the others. I think it was much easier when they had tongs and there was only the Judges scent to find.

Totally agree with you there Bedazzledx2 found we had an interesting thing with Gabby and the towels Gabby is getting much better in the training ring and will probably freak out in the ring but we are getting there with the ol confidence but an interesting thing happened at training when my friend put out the articles with her hands put the scented one out and nudged one of her scented one with the tongs Gabby went straight to the one with only a tiny bit of scent from the tongs that she nudged and not to the stronger scented towel that was still on the ground was very interesting. So you have to be careful with your scent and the other person scent and what you move with was interesting and I do wonder if things like that happen at the trials move that towel slightly away to put in the scented towel there

well we had our second obedience trial for the year and I had only Gabby in open and udx so a very quiet night and I enjoyed not rushing from ring to ring :laugh: I tried a few different things with Gabby for open so she actually enjoyed her time in the open ring as she isnt confident and it worked but we did lose points for silliness and mum cant throw dumbells etc so we sat on a score of 190 but than came those dreaded sit stay the bugger could only stay sitting for ohh about 10 sec :mad hadnt even gone pass the rope ring when she lay down.

she was really on fire in the udx ring with very minimal training like only doing towels as our training like the once a week but hey it worked as we nearly passed except for the last retrieve she got no 2 instead of no 1 :eek: The two dreaded exercises that we have problems with she did. Seekback she picked up the wrong article was about to come to me with it and than spat it out and went and got the correct one we got a sub for that :o 22 pm 38 :thumbsup: towels she got the right one went to come to me put it down and went and check did that 3 times before she got bring it to me got 24 sendaway 30 change of position 30 :thumbsup: and 13 for the first retrieve no 3 and than 0

well we had our second obedience trial for the year and I had only Gabby in open and udx so a very quiet night and I enjoyed not rushing from ring to ring :laugh: I tried a few different things with Gabby for open so she actually enjoyed her time in the open ring as she isnt confident and it worked but we did lose points for silliness and mum cant throw dumbells etc so we sat on a score of 190 but than came those dreaded sit stay the bugger could only stay sitting for ohh about 10 sec :mad hadnt even gone pass the rope ring when she lay down.

she was really on fire in the udx ring with very minimal training like only doing towels as our training like the once a week but hey it worked as we nearly passed except for the last retrieve she got no 2 instead of no 1 :eek: The two dreaded exercises that we have problems with she did. Seekback she picked up the wrong article was about to come to me with it and than spat it out and went and got the correct one we got a sub for that :o 22 pm 38 :thumbsup: towels she got the right one went to come to me put it down and went and check did that 3 times before she got bring it to me got 24 sendaway 30 change of position 30 :thumbsup: and 13 for the first retrieve no 3 and than 0

• 1 month later...

Had to rescue this off page 4 :confused: hasnt anyone done any good in udx

Well I had to put in my brag we had our country trial at Port Pirie and I had Gabby in 3 UDX trials thinking yep well here we go again cant do nothing well bugger me she surprised me first trial and first pass on 186 did the seekback and the towels like she done them all the time. Afternoon well it was like never done udx at all. Sunday we had a small hiccup again with the towels she got the correct one and couldnt bring it too me. After the trial my friend and I decided to use the spare towels and mmmmm no problems. One more leg to go have a few weeks to wait though

Well done xena98 and Gabby - its been a long time between drinks, but oh so nice when you pass :thumbsup: Bloody wash cloths is all I can say......

We have a boggy exercise - distance control, I hate it!