Udx

:rofl: bedazzled - was going to add we'd normally get a choice down here - judge will show you the 5 metre arc. We tend to follow Victorian patterns, as our judges training scheme has been linked to Victoria because of numbers and short distance.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope....hopefully most judges will follow the ANKC rules ;) Certainly its worth training for a proofing exercise but not many UDX judges would not follow the basic instructions laid down in the rule book.

This is Queensland we are talking about :rofl::eek:

The UD judge said that he did things differently to most other judges cos he didn't do the Xmas Tree heel pattern and was very surprised when I told him that Queensland was the only place where you got every position in every pace in CCD. I did enjoy the UD ring the other night. I forgot about there being a mat for the scent articles and I opted for the ground and with the grass being so long, and lighting not great - you couldn't actually see the wood or leather articles, so it became another seekback :laugh: . Also, Brookie and Scoota do seekback by sight, because of the lebgth of grass Moo was forced to use his nose - very interesting......

This is the third time I have edited this post :rofl: Kallistar - in every state other than Victoria you are told where to take up position for the scxent articles and wash cloths, Victoria is the only place where you can choose where to send your dog from. I remember Margaret Deakes giving me a choice when we did the Nationals there a couple of years ago - it nearly did my head in - too many choices :rofl:

Yay for Vic for being handler friendly (most of the time)but a few Vic judges a now telling us where to stand for the cloths :(.

Margaret still talks about Scoota and you and how wonderful it was to judge your work :) And we often talk about UDX and how it is so hard for the dog, handler and judges alike as you have to be so on the ball.

UDX last night - himmmmm on the negative side the occasional clever one brought the wrong seekback back - the correct one was over near where the judge was standing and it was way to scary to go there. He also sat just outside the cones to the left again.

But on the positive side - everything else was really really nice and he was a happy happy boy thumbsup1.gif.

UD on the negative side - he didn't leave me when I sent him to find the seekback.

On the positive side - hmmmm there was none laugh.gif we called it quits and left the ring

Well mine was a bit opposite :D

On the positive side my occasionally clever one did a ripper seek back in UDX :thumbsup: but then missed the sit in PIM :eek:

On the positive side he won UD on a nice score of 192 and sat in the box both times unlike last week when he stood there looking at me...duh ;)

Scoota looked like he was having a blast in UDX Ptolomy :thumbsup:

Woo Hoo to Bedazzled and Brookie UDX thumbsup1.gif The bits I saw were very nice.

My Occasionally Clever one saved it until the very end and then failed the last blind retrieve - bless him eek1.gif I said # 2 not # 1 rofl1.gif But he did a lovely sendaway, PIM, and scent thumbsup1.gif

Thanks Ptolomy :D Thrilled to bits with my boy :champagne: :champagne: :cheer::champagne:

Moo worked really well and was so nearly there. He did exactly what Brookie did in UD gloves... must take their mobiles away so they can stop texting!!!!

Edited by bedazzledx2

A huge congratulations Bedazzledx2 and Brookie on your udx title. "Oh whatta a feeling". Wish me luck we are off to do udx again ho hum probably cant do seekback or the towels but hey we can do it in training. Just one of these days we might just get it.

Tonights the last obedience for the year so we will have to wait till next year lol

But once again congratulations

It must be a UDX kind of weekend - last night we had 5 entered in UDX - 2 dogs passed, 1 failed the stand stay ARGH, one failed the last blind retrieve (little bugger) and one failed the send away - got distracted and didn't come when called - so really 5 very near passes.

Yep although I think maybe it was because I personally delivered the scent fairy to the trial. :rofl:

Gabby did work very nicely xena98 - glad it came off for you finally. Huge congratulations again. Her seekback was brilliant and she did her wash cloths well too :thumbsup:.

Edited by ness

I'm here and I am still on cloud 9. Sorry I couldnt get on here last night but I ran out of credit for the computer and it was too hard to run around at 11 last night lol

Thankyou guys for allowing the scent fairy to come to Adelaide and thanks to Sally for grabbing on to her so she actually stayed in Adelaide. I couldnt believe how enthusiastic she was and once we done the towels I thought we had a good chance of passing. Gabby got 29 for her seekback and considering that the last time she had passed that exercise she only got 19 for it. PIM 38 26 for towels28 for both change of positions and sendaway and 13 and 14 for MR she actually didnt drop it for a change but found out she couldnt do a clean pickup. So proud of my girl and now have to wait four months before we can get into another trial. I also had her in open and she got 193 and second place and well Inka she doesnt know how to drop but she did beautiful bows though and she just loved her metal articles so why pick up leather lol

Going to be awhile before I come down lol