Eukanuba Or Advance?

bromaco

Ask your dog's breeder what they recommend. They will know the best diet for a dog of that age/size/breed.

hi RallyValley,

Yeah i have but the problem is i was going to get 2 pups from different breeders and 1 feeds Eukanuba and the other Advance.....so im a tad stuck....lol

I would feed neither, however maybe feed both for a little while - it is best to keep them on the same food for at least a few weeks, then decide which one you think is best.

I am guessing the dogs are the same breed??? It may come down to the fact they are both much the same as in both the puppies seem to do well, then maybe you could chose the one that is easiest to source or the cheaper of the two.

Ask your dog's breeder what they recommend. They will know the best diet for a dog of that age/size/breed.

hi RallyValley,

Yeah i have but the problem is i was going to get 2 pups from different breeders and 1 feeds Eukanuba and the other Advance.....so im a tad stuck....lol

I'm surprised the second one would sell you a puppy. Do the breeders know you are getting two together? Most breeders do not recommend raising two puppies at the same time unless you are able to separate them except for an occasional play session. There have been lots of threads on here about why two together is a bad idea.

If you must get two, keep them on their breeder's diets for at least a couple of weeks, then decide which food seems to be working best. Also keep in mind that some individual puppies do better on different food, to others of the same breed.

hi RallyValley,

I'm surprised the second one would sell you a puppy. Do the breeders know you are getting two together? Most breeders do not recommend raising two puppies at the same time unless you are able to separate them except for an occasional play session. There have been lots of threads on here about why two together is a bad idea.

If you must get two, keep them on their breeder's diets for at least a couple of weeks, then decide which food seems to be working best. Also keep in mind that some individual puppies do better on different food, to others of the same breed.

sorry i didnt really explain myself properly.....i am getting 2 but atleast 4 months apart, but i didnt know the difference between the 2 foods. Sorry bout that! I wouldnt want 2 the same age OH NO that would be full on...ha ha ha!

I feed advance to my dogs.

I used to feed Euk to my dogs about 15 years ago but one got bad allergies as the protein was too concentrate (suspected by vet) so changed to Advance and all my dogs have been fed it since.

I have tried a different food at times to see how they went but coats went dry and had to feed heaps more so swapped back.

Advance is also Australian Made.

Speaking from the ingredients on the back of the packages, Eukanuba should be a better choice. (Surprised nobody can give you a straight answer here :laugh: )

This is a good thread:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/72887-how-to-grade-your-dogs-food/

In the end though, it's what your dog does well on. All dog food is technically "balanced" in terms of nutrients (e.g. your dog won't grow up malnourished if you feed it Pal and that's one of the worst dog foods out there), but it's more about what you feel comfortable buying and also what your dog thrives on.

Neither really. Don't be too trusting of propaganda, Try barf and if that doesn't work then stick to some kibble or other but give barf a chance, if raw agrees with your dogs you won't be looking back, :)

In the end though, it's what your dog does well on. All dog food is technically "balanced" in terms of nutrients (e.g. your dog won't grow up malnourished if you feed it Pal and that's one of the worst dog foods out there), but it's more about what you feel comfortable buying and also what your dog thrives on.

Completely agreed. As babies, keep them on whatever their breeder was feeding them for a while - it can upset their belly if you change them over too fast. When you do change them over do it slowly over a week or so. The other thing to remember is that sometimes different dogs should be on different food - both of mine are on ProPlan, however one's on Puppy the other on Sensitive Stomach. When the puppy is an adult, she'll go to Adult or Performance, but most likely won't be on the same as my other dog because she doesn't have the stomach issues. It really does depend on what the dog does best on.

Go with the Advance...

But Royal Canin is better than both of those

I agree. There was a recent thread on here where I was asking about my young GSD's poos (they wwere sloppy) and I was recommended royal canin - because they have one specifically for GSDs - and I have tried it and she LOVES it and her poos are much better.

The main thing on the thread was that each dog is different, some do better on one food and some do better on another. it just depends on your dog. I would probably go advance though as I have tried it when Jenna was a puppy puppy, as in around 12 weeks old, and she liked it.

I dread reading these threads (and yet I still do) purely because Boonie is on Eukanuba and sometimes i feel like I'm doing him a disservice when people poo poo it.

Still he is thriving on it so will stick with it. That may change when we hit the adult food.

I am using Advance Growth Large breed, for my 2 dogs, one aged 12 months the other 12 years (her portion is calorie adjusted for her) and they are both doing really well on it. Coats are beautiful and they seem to enjoy it (not that they get much choice lol) + they get heaps of meaty bones. :thumbsup:

I would keep the pups on what they are used to, just buy a smaller bag, and see how they go.

Food is a personal preference, i was recently given Proplan and Eukanuba, 2 turned their noses up at the Euk, and more poo's.

I have this week started them all on Artemis to see how they go, reading ingredients, and what is good and bad can make your head explode :laugh:

However ,my lot are off to kennels for a month soon and they feed Advance, so will be interesitng to see how they go.

I dread reading these threads (and yet I still do) purely because Boonie is on Eukanuba and sometimes i feel like I'm doing him a disservice when people poo poo it.

Still he is thriving on it so will stick with it. That may change when we hit the adult food.

If she is thriving on it then thats excellent and you should be raving about how well it works for your dogs! :)

as some have said - its personal preference and how well the dogs go in. great that your dog is going so well on this dog food! :)

If it's for Labradors, I found Advance gave mine very runny poos and I think a few others in the lab thread experienced the same thing. I now feed my boy Great Barko (amongst other things) as it's cheap and he seems to do well on it.

If it's for Labradors, I found Advance gave mine very runny poos and I think a few others in the lab thread experienced the same thing. I now feed my boy Great Barko (amongst other things) as it's cheap and he seems to do well on it.

Yeah for a Lab.......thanx for everyones input, you have all been very helpful!

Yeah for a Lab.......thanx for everyones input, you have all been very helpful!

Boonie is a Lab and he loves Eukanuba.