Litters Due August 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Miley had her litter in the early hours of this morning.She had a boy and a girl and a small and decayed baby.Her first puppy the boy was breech. I will post photos soon. Cheers Sharon

Congratulations on your litter Jackofhearts :champagne:

Sorry about the one that didn't make it. I hope mum and her new babies are doing well.

I am about to post pics of my girl for you. She's had quite an undercarriage for a while now and I squeezed today and she is full of milk. She isn't due for another week. I hope the milk doesn't go stale!!

post-8397-0-02865000-1312467470_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou everyone. Really don't know what happened. Just found the baby girl dead. She may have squashed her.

So sorry to hear this... we have lost a few this way even though I stay with them every night. The problem is that if they are squashed there are no sounds for you to jump up to and check. I lost my one and only precious tan and white girl through being squashed by her mum, her sister was under with her and she was fine............ :-(

Thankyou everyone. Really don't know what happened. Just found the baby girl dead. She may have squashed her.

So sorry to hear this... we have lost a few this way even though I stay with them every night. The problem is that if they are squashed there are no sounds for you to jump up to and check. I lost my one and only precious tan and white girl through being squashed by her mum, her sister was under with her and she was fine............ :-(

I was sitting next to the whelping box when one was squashed, so yon just never know.

So sorry for your loss Jackofhearts. How heartbreaking for you.

My girl can't stop licking at her belly and it's looking a bit raw but I can't stop her. I've been putting on paw paw which softens it but doesn't stop her from licking. I think it is because of all the kicking going on and she is finding it uncomfortable. She is dropping her belly now and I can visually see kicking. I start taking her temp.

How exciting chocolate.

Kizzie looks like she has swallowed a basketball. She has gone from looking pregnant to looking huge in a day, she still has two and a half weeks to go!

Tried taking a belly shot but there is too much fur!

My goodness there was a couple of active ones last night, poor girl is being kicked to death! I have also realised that the licking is due to the discomfort from a full milk bar. she is licking which releases some of the milk which forms a bit of a cycle as every lick releases milk which has to be relicked. Explains why they get that brown crusty stuff forming around the nipples as well, it must be from the dried milk. I squeezed a bit of milk off in a warm flannel last night and then I put some baby oil on her belly. She still licked!!

Oakeydoak1 is it Kizzie's first litter?

Woo hoo how exciting! At least it is a decent time of day! Oh dear, hope you have lots of towels under her!! At least she is comfortable that is the main thing, it isnt white is it?

No it's burgandy leather and she wants the first one on it so I'll move her to the box once a pup is born. Hopefully! Waters have broke.

Oh and the time of day is perfect! I am lucky.

Edited by Chocolate

Good luck Chocolate, sending good whelping vibes :) ...

Shes doing you a HUGE favour whelping in daylight hours :rofl: ... How did you manage to score that !!!

Looking forward to seeing what she has, a really nice combination...

Thanks Raj. Got her in the whelping box now. She certainly had the look of what is that, where did he come from but now she's giving him licks and realised my boy :laugh: