No Room In Our Bed!

skyesblue

I have one dog on my bed, another on the floor (he's got his own bed :)) When they both thought they'd share my bed, I had no room! So thank god Bailey accepts the floor now :laugh:

Kivi has never felt cold in his life, but Erik has been feeling it the past few days. Last night he went to bed curled up in a tight little ball pressed into Kivi's side. However, I know from experience that as warm as Kivi looks, it takes a while for his body heat to get through all the fur so that you can actually feel his warmth, and then I think it's mostly just his coat holding your body warmth like a blanket. Erik gave up waiting and jumped on the bed and curled up between me and OH. Neither of us had the heart to get him off.

Both of my greyhounds sleep with me at night.Whoever gets in first gets a pillow and then the other one sleeps over my legs.Last night it was so cold my little girl Mads drew the short straw but pulled my dressinggown off the end of the bed and made a nest at the end of the bed!SO CUTE! :)

My morning routine is something like this - alarm goes off, I get up, do some chores, get myself organised for work and head to the kitchen. My stafford Stussy crawls out from under the doona and blankets, races outside and pees as quickly as possible before running back inside in time for her bowl of biscuits to be placed before her. While she eats I remove her hoodie. As soon as her bowl is empty she turns 180 degrees to sit next to me while I eat my toast and coffee. Sooky la la face normally results in some corners of toast. Once it is clear all the toast is gone Stussy goes back to bed while I have a shower. I come back to the room to get dressed and put my make up on. I must be careful where I sit on the bed as those doona lumps could very well contain Stussy. Once I am ready to leave for work I grab a couple of dog cookies, which brings Stussy out from under the doona again and out the back door where she sits nicely for her biscuit and takes it to her outside undercover bed and blankies to eat. On a nice sunny day I know she sleeps on her other outside bed that is in the sun but apart from that I think she just curls up in her fleecy blankets till I come home again! Oh to be a dog!

This is how it is in my house:

post-14529-0-18916400-1307530282_thumb.jpg

I get the bit on the left and then have to share the pillow with the cat!

His morning routine is - lift his head when I get out of bed, waits to make sure I am not coming back and turns around to move into the warmth of where I was. This also means he has a line of sight to the bathroom. I get completely ready for work including a couple of trips into the bedroom. Once I am making sounds in the kitchen he comes out and takes up position on the couch until I have things ready. Comes and dances around for his treat ball which he gets when I leave. Very very strong suspicion that onces he's done with that its back to bed...

His morning routine is - lift his head when I get out of bed, waits to make sure I am not coming back and turns around to move into the warmth of where I was. This also means he has a line of sight to the bathroom. I get completely ready for work including a couple of trips into the bedroom. Once I am making sounds in the kitchen he comes out and takes up position on the couch until I have things ready. Comes and dances around for his treat ball which he gets when I leave. Very very strong suspicion that onces he's done with that its back to bed...

You are so lucky your boy waits to see if you come back!If I get up at 3am to go to the loo(which is most nights)Stan is straight in the spot I just got out of.So it's pull MY pillow out from under his head andaround to the other freezing cold side.He always does this really loud sigh like me getting back in gives him the s**ts!SORRY!

Obi has slept in his crate since day one, so he's not a problem. Pixie sleeps on her bed next to our bed, and she is usually allowed up in the mornings, after about 9 or so. But lately she has been sneaking into bed with us around 7, very careful not to wake us up. When I wake up I find her spooning me, or inbetween me and hubby.

You are so lucky your boy waits to see if you come back!If I get up at 3am to go to the loo(which is most nights)Stan is straight in the spot I just got out of.So it's pull MY pillow out from under his head andaround to the other freezing cold side.He always does this really loud sigh like me getting back in gives him the s**ts!SORRY!

Ours do the same if we go to the loo. And they seem to stretch out and take up so much room your stuck on the side of the bed.

As a general rule, the dogs don't sleep on the bed with me because I move around too much and they get cranky with me. Rove does like to prewarm the bed for me every night, though :D

Here's Rove prewarming the pillows and upper bed area for me, and Pip prewarming the footsies area.

Edited for: yeah, I didn't see the "attach this file" button.

post-17431-0-65611400-1307533593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ms James

Boo is good - most nights he goes in and warms the bed for me but he is also very quick to steal my spot if I get up during the night!

He sleeps on the floor in summer and its a sure sign its cooling down when he moves back to the bed. I went to sleep last night with him tucked against my back - nice and warm!

As a general rule, the dogs don't sleep on the bed with me because I move around too much and they get cranky with me. Rove does like to prewarm the bed for me every night, though :D

Here's Rove prewarming the pillows and upper bed area for me, and Pip prewarming the footsies area.

Edited for: yeah, I didn't see the "attach this file" button.

It must be a BC thing!! I find Kenzie like this every evening when I tell her it's bed time and every morning when I get out of the shower!!!! She looks almost identically cute/"I'm not really here" as Rove!!