Too Heavy Handed?

Kirislin

I had my WB on shade last Sunday, because I quite liked the orangy yellow cast it put on the pics, but I'm starting to think it was just a bit too overdone, so I've gone back and put it on daylight. Now I'm thinking it looks better. What's the general opinion please.

WB Shade

5852075950_87b008121d_z.jpg

WB daylight5857862330_304ebaedba_z.jpg

and now I've added Cloudy to the mix

5857501097_7a87eba5a8_z.jpg

and at Stutterflys suggestion. B&W I still prefer colour but it was worth a try.

5857848225_42ccdcc4f4_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Try playing around with it manually.

Also don't forget you can change it in post-processing. It'd be interesting in B&W....

I thought that's what I was doing. :confused: I might try a B&W version but I quite like the colour, I just cant decide which colour.

Edited by Kirislin

I adore BW but here it doesn't do anything for me.

The first one looks like you shot it late afternoon/around sunset and is perfectly acceptable imho. Cloudy is almost the same feeling but as if shot when the light wasn't quite as radiant.

My least favourite is daylight - not distinctive at all. Just another shot from any race, on any day.

If none of them totally float your boat, head to the tint and temp sliders in LR for tiny tweaks of your favourite - sometimes a few degrees can make all the difference.

I think it's great as is, though :)

Edited by kja

In retrospect, no I don't think B&W works, though upping the brightness might help.

My mistake, for some reason I thought you meant you were changing the WB on the camera...I should have realised, identical photos...diff WB...obviously done in post-processing... :hitself::laugh:

I think I need another coffee...:coffee:

It was no trouble to give the B&W a go though, worth it just to see, but I am not keen on it. A more skilled editor would have been able to do a better job on it than me. My editing skills are very basic.

I'm exactly with kja.

I like warm :)

My fav is 'shade'.

Looks exactly like a very late afternoon pic.

What time was it shot?

Not as late as it appears, around 3pm. I like the warm look it has too but because I know it isn't the true colour I wasn't sure if I'd got carried away and made it too exaggerated.

Edited by Kirislin