King Valley Kennel Club

angelsun

We are pleased to announce that the King Valley Kennel Club has attained affiliation with the VCA. We will be sanctioned to hold conformation shows, obedience trials and Rally Obedience trials (and hopefully other things later on in time)

We are located in beautiful North East Victoria and will be looking forward to having our first set of shows in 2012 once our dates are approved by the VCA.

At this point, we can't say too much about when the shows will occur as we don't have firm dates, but we can say that we are looking at getting some overseas judges and hope that people come out to support this new club, offering 'down home' country shows that people can enjoy. Large spaces to set up with big rings is our ultimate goal when it comes to venue. An hour from Albury/Wodonga and only three hours from most Melbourne areas and in the heart of wine country, this region plans to offer more than just another dog show weekend, but a wonderful relaxing experience. With a great many choices as to accomodations (which will include on site camping) we hope that anyone that hasn't come up to this region, gives our shows a serious look when considering and budgeting for your travel and show plans.

More information on these upcoming shows will be posted as soon as the club has confirmation on a number of items.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting!

Just curious, is there a best way of getting there without going anywhere near the city if you're coming say from Cranbourne area?

Probably too out of my way for me, but thought I ask! :)

Sounds interesting!

Just curious, is there a best way of getting there without going anywhere near the city if you're coming say from Cranbourne area?

Probably too out of my way for me, but thought I ask! :)

The 'back way' :)

Lilydale, Yarra Valley, Yea, Bonnie Doon to Benalla - takes 3 hours from KCC Park to Benalla - unless you get stuck behind a caravan :).

there WILL be neuter classes...no issue there (I have a neuter girl), but unfortunately won't be showing at our own shows as our club will be instigating a 'no show policy' for show committee members/club board members.

The reason for this is simple...we have close contact with all aspects of the show and feel that it MAY be concieved as favouratism should one of our dogs compete and win (we are speaking about conformation here) So our dogs will not be entered. That means anything also owned but us, will not simply be put on another handler as often happens, nor will any ring steward working, be permitted to exhibit at the show under any of the other judges. We are attempting to create an enviroment that will give as fair a go to everyone as possible in an era of this sport where many people are disillusioned about the 'politics' of things.

Local areas to support by way of motel/caravan parks and within 40 minutes are Myrtleford, (show venue) Wangaratta, Milawa, Bright just to name a few.

We are hoping to have a great BBQ event as well as brekkie catering available and also want to offer junior handling (pending VCA approval) As mentioned before, our goal is to provide the country show gang, another great opportunity to exhibit and trial their dogs.

We are VERY excited about the Rally trials that will be up for offer!

Awesome!!! Highly recommend if you're attending the show that you spend some time (and some money :laugh: ) at Milawa. A real foodie's treat and one of my favourite places!! Awww the cheese factory, the olive shop, the mustard shop, the wineries...... And we get to show our dogs too????? :thumbsup:

I don't think I should stop at the wineries for tastings THEN try do a triangle with my dog it might not be a good

sight. :o :o

Sounds like these good be a good weekend away, any hint on which month you are hoping for?

If its during daylight savings two shows on one day may be a great idea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BB

We are hoping for warm and dry weather time of year and of course to not conflict with other shows in the general area. This is where VCA has the ultimate decision. We just put forward weekends and cross our fingers! Will let everyone know the moment we get word.

Guest CaptainCourageous

nor will any ring steward working, be permitted to exhibit at the show under any of the other judges.

You will be the only club in Victoria that I know of to implement such a harsh and unnecessary policy, and you will also be a club that can least afford to do that.

Don't you realise that when you come up with arbitrary notions like this one you're effectively saying to everyone "We don't trust the judges we've selected to base their decisions only on the dogs they see in the ring"?

CC

If its during daylight savings two shows on one day may be a great idea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BB

Excellent suggestion - IMO Victoria is very poor at offering double shows (i.e. 2 shows in one day) - NSW and SA seem to get a lot more of them!