Supportng The Family Who Lost Their Child In Fatal Dog Attack

~Shepherd~

I thought it would be great as a community to put our heads together and come up with some way to support the family in Melbourne who's daughter was killed by a dog last night. I dont know what, but I would like to spend some energy on doing something.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a lovely gesture Chewie to show that there is a majority of the Community that are responsible dog owners and what has happened to them has touched us also. I have spent 4 days in hospital with my son who is very ill while my baby was also home very ill and my heart broke seeing my child like that I can not even comprehend what this family is going through.

Happy to be involved on some level but I am extremely pinched for time at the moment with my family but will do what I can

A simple gesture of sharing grief and to offer support can mean so much even to a stranger

Edited by casowner

Give them money.

Don't make assumptions about what they might like and don't take from them the initiative on how they might like to be supported.

This is not a rich family. A cash injection would be the best method of support IMO.

I was just watching the news and the mother herself was also attacked by a dog not so long ago. There were other family members in the house when the dog came in so there are a range of people who will have been traumatised by this. The husband is supposedly flying over from Sudan at present.

Given the families situation, with having lost their house and child, I also agree with cash as the best option and if we do this sensitively say through their local Sudanese community (mum doesn't speak english and had an interpreter during the tv interview) I think it be acceptable to do it on behalf of the large Dogzonline community. We don't have to talk about who we are because it isn't about us other than us collectively wanting to acknowledge their pain and loss and assist.

I am happy to make a $100 donation.

Contact the newspaper and ask them how to go about donating etc

They may already have something in the making.

I dont want to do that

Then don't. I would help if had money to spare but need every penny ATM just wanted to say tho that I think it is a great idea I feel so bad for what has happened to that family and they should know that alot of people are there for support in this tragic time