Amstaff Opinions

tanstaff

As for the ridge he didn't have it at a young age, all i have noticed as of now is that there is thicker/darker hair in the shape of a ridge developing on his spine which wasnt obvious beforehand.

As for not being able to understand why people by dogs without 'proof of heritage'. Its quite simply because some people appreciate dogs for what they are rather than what they are proven to be. Not only that but not everyone has the money to spend on such expensive pups.

Thanks to everyone for the help it has cleared everything up for me.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the ridge he didn't have it at a young age, all i have noticed as of now is that there is thicker/darker hair in the shape of a ridge developing on his spine which wasnt obvious beforehand.

As for not being able to understand why people by dogs without 'proof of heritage'. Its quite simply because some people appreciate dogs for what they are rather than what they are proven to be. Not only that but not everyone has the money to spend on such expensive pups.

One of the reasons that people are so paranoid about this is because you can't prove your dog's heritage. Why is this important? Because legislation is being passed in Vic where a council officer can ID your dog as a pitbull or pitbull cross and you will have to prove that it isn't - they don't have to prove that it is. If you have no documented evidence of heritage, you will be in a pickle.

If your dog is registered you will have to comply with dangerous dog legislation - even if he is placid. You will need to comply with fencing regulations. he will have to wear a muzzle outside your property and he will never be allowed off leash on public land - never to set a paw at the local dog park.

If he isn't registered they can come into your house and seize him, then he is PTS.

Your dog is tan and muscular. I wouldn't call him a pitbull x but some would.

Suddenly those papers look pretty darn important...

Edited by megan_

One of the reasons that people are so paranoid about this is because you can't prove your dog's heritage. Why is this important? Because legislation is being passed in Vic where a council officer can ID your dog as a pitbull or pitbull cross and you will have to prove that it isn't - they don't have to prove that it is. If you have no documented evidence of heritage, you will be in a pickle.

If your dog is registered you will have to comply with dangerous dog legislation - even if he is placid. You will need to comply with fencing regulations. he will have to wear a muzzle outside your property and he will never be allowed off leash on public land - never to set a paw at the local dog park.

If he isn't registered they can come into your house and seize him, then he is PTS.

Very well said Megan.

:thumbsup:

In a lot of breeds , proving parentage may not be a life or death thing - but all of a sudden it seems very important for dogs like tanstaff's gorgeous boy. :(