Dog Breed Survey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did it, seem to be a few too many bull breeds, I am wondering if it's actually something to do with them...

It seemed to be a study on people being able to tell the difference between a Stafford, Amstaff, ABPT and random crosses.

Too many bull breeds I don't know bull breeds, just not interested in them ( just find them ugly) sorry to the bull breed lovers but I don't think they are nasty dogs just attract the wrong owners, and the pictures where so small and bad quality

Edited by Atanquin

I started but lost interest halfway.

Interesting re bull breeds, Archer is a Boston Terrier so has that smooshed in face kind of look that people associate with bull breeds, recently as he's lost his puppy looks people have steered clear of him - he's always on a leash in these areas but never lunges/moves towards them or anything - however people will usher their children away, one girl grabbed her boyfriends hand and moved to the other side away from us... :confused: I know I'm not imagining as my husband has experienced the same thing and one of our friends also commented on it.

Just a warning not to attempt the survey on an ipad.

All goes well until the last section, then you can't press the radio buttons and it won't let you proceed :(

I sifted through all those bullys for nuthin.

Worked on mine ;)

Huh. Weird. Maybe it's just my browser then :shrug: (icab)

Just a warning not to attempt the survey on an ipad.

All goes well until the last section, then you can't press the radio buttons and it won't let you proceed :(

I sifted through all those bullys for nuthin.

Worked on mine ;)

Huh. Weird. Maybe it's just my browser then :shrug: (icab)

Could be - I just have crappy old safari on mine :laugh: Some survey stuff just doesn't work well with mac either :(

Could be - I just have crappy old safari on mine :laugh: Some survey stuff just doesn't work well with mac either :(

I'm not about to re-do the whole thing on safari just to find out tho...

wow it is a tedious job...

'cos of this :laugh: I almost wrote in the comments 'enough with the bull breeds! They almost all looks like staffy crosses to me!'

They need to use better photos and allow you to click and enlarge them.

A clear, large photo of the dog standing side on and then also a front-on one would probably lead to more confident answers. There were a few where I was thinking "hm...that photo looks like a purebreed...that one makes it look like a cross...that one makes it look just like a poorly bred purebreed" :crazy:

I started but lost interest halfway.

Interesting re bull breeds, Archer is a Boston Terrier so has that smooshed in face kind of look that people associate with bull breeds, recently as he's lost his puppy looks people have steered clear of him - he's always on a leash in these areas but never lunges/moves towards them or anything - however people will usher their children away, one girl grabbed her boyfriends hand and moved to the other side away from us... :confused: I know I'm not imagining as my husband has experienced the same thing and one of our friends also commented on it.

Well I think he's cute... Boston Terriers were on my list of dogs when we were looking. Love a smooshy face. :)

They need to use better photos and allow you to click and enlarge them.

A clear, large photo of the dog standing side on and then also a front-on one would probably lead to more confident answers. There were a few where I was thinking "hm...that photo looks like a purebreed...that one makes it look like a cross...that one makes it look just like a poorly bred purebreed" :crazy:

I thought the same thing. My confidence started to fizzle out by the end.

nearly all the crossbreeds I included SBT - whereas I should've just put I don't know. It's incredibly hard to say when it comes to cross bull breeds what exactly is the cross. I thought I'd err on the side of SBT rather than what I think this survey is hoping for and everyone to say Pit Bull or Pit Bull cross

I only put pitbull for about 3 or 4.Most looked like amstaffs,staffys,and thier crosses to me.I have always had more trouble telling The difference between a Malamute and a Husky.

But i haven;t had much to do with either.So is the survey just to see if ppl can identify Pitbulls or is there more to it as well?

nearly all the crossbreeds I included SBT - whereas I should've just put I don't know. It's incredibly hard to say when it comes to cross bull breeds what exactly is the cross. I thought I'd err on the side of SBT rather than what I think this survey is hoping for and everyone to say Pit Bull or Pit Bull cross

Thanks - so now all bull breed cross dogs could be identified as SBT crosses. Not saying if they are or if they aren't, but if enough people think, oh gotta avoid the P word to save all the cross bred bull breed dogs then all they're doing is dropping ANOTHER breed into the same situation.

Crossbred dog - didn't see the mating, don't have the DNA proof of parentage - don't know the cross is a more sensible answer IMO