Isn't It Just Typical

Kirislin

I bought a new mattress the other day. It came all rolled up and vaccuum packed so I put it on the lounge room floor to unfurl and relax itself.

I got clever though, thinking the dogs are sure to come bounding in here with muddy feet and get it dirty, so I put a sheet over it. And was I lucky! as if on cue, Puck came bounding in, but even worse than muddy feet, he had a great big grassy clingon stuck to his bum and dropped right on my brand new mattress and drew a big brown skiddy across it.

At last! I had a win, I'd outsmarted them, and the mattress was still pristine because I'd forseen a potential disaster like this happening. :thumbsup: Much as I was grossed out by the giant skiddy I was pleased with myself for anticipating such a possibility.

And that is what I'd intended to come and write about here, but this story has a sad (for me) twist.

I just went into my bedroom because Tag likes to be tucked into the big bed after he's had his brekky. He knew something was up before me, usually he jumps up and I lift the covers for him to dive under, but this time just as he was about to jump, he shied away, as if to say, I'm not getting in there!

Uh oh, I was filled with dread, and sure enough, I lift my beautiful heavy cotton doona to see my crisp white cotton sheets that I'd put on my lovely brand new mattress, and deposited on them was a big biley yellow vomit containing the netting that you get on some roasts. I'm glad whoever managed to get it sicked it up again, I hate to think what could happen if they didn't, but why, oh why did it have to be there. :cry:

I frantically ripped the sheets off in the hope it hadn't soaked through, but of course it has. I suppose it's going to be the first of many suspicious looking stains I'll get on my mattress, why should it be any different to all the others? I kinda wish some of those stains had some happy stories to go with them, if you know what I mean, ;) who will believe me if I innocently claim, The dog did it. But it's true.

Edited by Kirislin

I feel your pain! My mattress has a few suspicious looking stains on it too, and none of them were from me!!! When it was brand new a few years go, one of the dogs decided to 'christen' it with wee, and it has been sicked on as well :( So maybe I am a mean mum, but while my dogs have the run of the rest of the house, they are not allowed in my bedroom.

Oh dear - that is craptaculous... :cry:

Personally, after having four children co-sleep with me I have mattress protectors, then a woolen blanket, then a biiiiiiig thick towel, then the sheet - and a bucket and facecloth ever-ready by the side of the bed. When they are actaully sick they also have a biiiiig thick towel on top of the sheet on which to lie - and they are not allowed to roll off the sheet and vomit on me or the bed - strict intructions ;)

I feel your pain - I am sad for you :(

I have a mattress protector but I'd taken it down to the laundrymat yesterday to wash, it cant fit into my little machine, it's on the clothes line now trying to dry in the rain. If only the vomit machine could've given me another day, time to put it on the bed, I would have felt doubly proud that I'd outsmarted them, but it wasn't to be.

Amazing how fast the sick can travel through the dog-sheet cover, then through the bedspread, blankets, sheets, mattress cover, then onto the mattress, Chuck Yeager and his Bell X1 had nothing on the speed of dog sick.

OH no.....sorry Kirislin but I did giggle.......just a little.........

Maybe try getting some preen carpet cleaner (spot test first of course) and spray the stain with that, give a little scrub - not to hard- with a nail brush then use a thick tea towel or towel to press onto the stain to soak it and the cleaner up. One you have it out or most of it, rinse with water and then soak that up. Works well for me on the stains the kids throw at me!!

but :laugh: :laugh: ........sorry :o

Edited by OSoSwift