Nazi'sm

Tapferhund

Another advertisment for buying an ANKC registered dog. Known parentage could become a more and more important thing for owners.

True. But this will also stop people from adopting any bull type breeds from shelters and any bull type dog that ends up in a pound will be PTS.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly id say you are a couple million dogs down aloysha, ANKC and the groupings are elitist and a minority, going by the last stats i'v seen on the ankc site, it's not a good trip to go on. harsh but its a truth. i am all for purebreed especially on this forum board but it is a minority stake and getting less and less. IMO all dog owners shoulf revolt against poor dog controls and management such as BSL.

An amnesty allowing pit bull and restricted dog owners to notify authorities of their pets will end on September 30.

I don't recall the Nazis offering an anmesty.

Hysterical comparisons to the holocaust won't help anyone.

Register your dogs people. Now.

If you're a responsible APBT owner then there's a safe haven for you. It's called the ACT folks and its not a bad place to live.

FFS Poodlefan,are you EVER nice?? How dare you accuse me of being hysterical. I made the comparison because , like those innocent people in Nazi Germany waiting for that terrifying knock on the door...dog owners here are going to be stressed and to some point terrified in waiting for 'that knock on their door' which could result in the taking away of their loved one/s , the family dog/s.

That's not just my opinion either btw.....so get over yourself.

Just read a few other posts and it seems there are quite a few who not only take themselves VERY seriously but are pious and sanctimonious.

Like I said....the comparison was made because these new laws are going to create stress and fear for many within the dog owning community.

Edited by Tapferhund

FFS Poodlefan,are you EVER nice?? How dare you accuse me of being hysterical. I made the comparison because , like those innocent people in Nazi Germany waiting for that terrifying knock on the door...dog owners here are going to be stressed and to some point terrified in waiting for 'that knock on their door' which could result in the taking away of their loved one/s , the family dog/s.

Just read a few other posts and it seems there are quite a few who not only take themselves VERY seriously but are pious and sanctimonious.

Like I said....the comparison was made because these new laws are going to create stress and fear for many within the dog owning community.

Am I ever nice? Hey, I didn't call you a fool. :shrug:

Seems to me there's another poster taking themselves pretty damn seriously. ;)

I said the comparison was hysterical Tapferhund, not you, but it appears that the difference was lost on you. Nothing subtle about your insults though.. as usual.

Comparison of the rounding up and shipping of entire families (and on at least one occasion to an entire train of children) for days in cattle trucks to die in gas chambers to the loss of a family pet is offensive. You are seriously not helping anyone with these posts, least of all those likely to be affected. :(

Write about the comparison in any letter to a politician and all you guarantee is that it will be immediately directed to the closest recycling bin.

Edited by poodlefan

Am I ever nice? Hey, I didn't call you a fool. :shrug:

Seems to me there's another poster taking themselves pretty damn seriously. ;)

I said the comparison was hysterical Tapferhund, not you, but it appears that the difference was lost on you. Nothing subtle about your insults though.. as usual.

Comparison of the rounding up and shipping of entire families (and on at least one occasion to an entire train of children) for days in cattle trucks to die in gas chambers to the loss of a family pet is offensive. You are seriously not helping anyone with these posts, least of all those likely to be affected. :(

Write about the comparison in any letter to a politician and all you guarantee is that it will be immediately directed to the closest recycling bin.

No, it appears the difference was lost on YOU.

Now WHERE did I say in my posts "of the rounding up and shipping of entire families(and on at least one occasion to an entire train of children) for days in cattle trucks to die in gas chambers to the loss of a family pet" ?????????? NO WHERE did I say that or imply that...so don't you put words in to my mouth!

The comparison was to stress the similarities between the two....of stress, fear, terror caused to people by raids on homes of innocent people waiting for 'that knock on the door' by Nazi stormtroopers and the soon to be stress , fear, terror caused to people through raids on the homes of innocent people by council rangers(stormtroopers) searching out for destruction much loved family members.......their pets.

The comparison was to stress the similarities between the two....of stress, fear, terror caused to people by raids on homes of innocent people waiting for 'that knock on the door' by Nazi stormtroopers and the soon to be stress , fear, terror caused to people through raids on the homes of innocent people by council rangers(stormtroopers) searching out for destruction much loved family members.......their pets.

When the Nazi's came Tapferhund, they took everyone...not selected household members (unless they were only rounding up the disabled, the political activists or the homosexuals that day). It didnt stop when they answered the door for Christ's sake - that was the START of it. You selectively comparing the two scenarios and failing the grasp the magntude of the insensitivity of it is what I'm taking issue with.

The dogs aren't living in terror. Their owners lives or freedom aren't at risk. If their owners have the dogs REGISTERED they shouldn't be worrying.

Its not like this is coming out of the blue - APBTs have been banned in Victoria for years. The requirement to register your dog isn't new. If people had obeyed the freaking laws in place, there wouldn't new ones being rushed through now. Please don't tell me that those who waited behind the door for the Nazis brought this on themselves.

And council rangers = storm troopers? Hyperbole. Do us all a favour and resist the urge to share your comparison with anyone in government. Then again, everyone deserves a good laugh now and again.

Seriously Tapferhund, you really don't get it. People are offended by your post and your only reaction is to pile on the insults. If you want to get angry, how about you direct a little at the irresponsible dog owners that have brought this down on everyone. While you're at it, it might benefit you to realise that you're arguing against a move that many many people in the community will support - the Nazi comparison isn't going to play well with them and in particular with Melbourne's significant Jewish population.

Edited by poodlefan

Federal Justice Minister Brendan O'Connor plans to raise with his state counterparts the prospect of national laws on dangerous dogs.

Don't panic. As I see it, the Federal Government won't have the power to pass legislation and I doubt the states will give it to them.

We don't have national road rules, a national set of criminal laws or a national curriculum yet.. can't see why this will be any different.

But then we have a national ban on tail docking :cry:

Federal Justice Minister Brendan O'Connor plans to raise with his state counterparts the prospect of national laws on dangerous dogs.

Don't panic. As I see it, the Federal Government won't have the power to pass legislation and I doubt the states will give it to them.

We don't have national road rules, a national set of criminal laws or a national curriculum yet.. can't see why this will be any different.

But then we have a national ban on tail docking :cry:

Introduced individually by States after heavy campaigning by the RSPCA and not at the same time. The RSPCA will not promote BSL.

Edited by poodlefan

is no different to what happened in Nazi Germany between 1930 and 1945 where Nazi's did the same in searching homes for people.

Excuse me?

It is nothing like what Hitler's regime did . Nothing.

not wanting to equate people with dogs

BUT

the mindset behind both actions is similar... it is the wish to externimate/eliminate all individiuals of a particular ethnicity ( or breed) citing examples of a tiny minority as the justification. it is a simple and emotional appeal to the selfishness and insular approach of divide and rule which is becoming ever more popular.It is easierto cast the blame for all dog attacks on the rampaging savage killer pitbulls and admit that all dogs have teeth and big dogs are more likely to inflict a serious wound than little dogs.

some muslims are terrorists but all are most deciddely not but in the media all are painted with the same brush

H

is no different to what happened in Nazi Germany between 1930 and 1945 where Nazi's did the same in searching homes for people.

Excuse me?

not wanting to equate people with dogs

BUT

the mindset behind both actions is similar... it is the wish to externimate/eliminate all individiuals of a particular ethnicity ( or breed) citing examples of a tiny minority as the justification. it is a simple and emotional appeal to the selfishness and insular approach of divide and rule which is becoming ever more popular.It is easierto cast the blame for all dog attacks on the rampaging savage killer pitbulls and admit that all dogs have teeth and big dogs are more likely to inflict a serious wound than little dogs.

some muslims are terrorists but all are most deciddely not but in the media all are painted with the same brush

H

Thank goodness!!!!!! someone who 'gets it' !!!!! Thanks dogsbesotted.

The victimization through 'dob in a dog owner' has already started. More than 150 phone calls have been made so far...neighbours dobbing in fellow neighbours .....another similarity to Nazi Germany where many non Jewish German citizens dobbed in fellow German citizens because they were Jewish.

Even more similarities....

The authorities say they will now seize ANY dog that resembles a PB and the owner has to produce papers to show otherwise.

What in the hell has gone wrong with this country :mad

This is a serious turn of events for Victorian dog owners, and doing a Godwin in your introductory post won't encourage productive discussion. Sad as it is, this is not the same as exterminating millions of people.

Very true.

I'll admit I stopped reading at that analogy because frankly, I think it's pretty disgusting to compare the two.

Thinking about it, the analogy holds some water. The anti-pit bull hysteria does have an unsavory 'Final Solution' flavour. I would have bought the line if the word Nazi hadn't been used and the post had decried the search for a Final Solution.

This is a serious turn of events for Victorian dog owners, and doing a Godwin in your introductory post won't encourage productive discussion. Sad as it is, this is not the same as exterminating millions of people.

Very true.

I'll admit I stopped reading at that analogy because frankly, I think it's pretty disgusting to compare the two.

Yeah I did the same.

When the Nazi's came Tapferhund, they took everyone...not selected household members (unless they were only rounding up the disabled, the political activists or the homosexuals that day). It didnt stop when they answered the door for Christ's sake - that was the START of it. You selectively comparing the two scenarios and failing the grasp the magntude of the insensitivity of it is what I'm taking issue with.

The dogs aren't living in terror. Their owners lives or freedom aren't at risk. If their owners have the dogs REGISTERED they shouldn't be worrying.

Its not like this is coming out of the blue - APBTs have been banned in Victoria for years. The requirement to register your dog isn't new. If people had obeyed the freaking laws in place, there wouldn't new ones being rushed through now. Please don't tell me that those who waited behind the door for the Nazis brought this on themselves.

And council rangers = storm troopers? Hyperbole. Do us all a favour and resist the urge to share your comparison with anyone in government. Then again, everyone deserves a good laugh now and again.

Seriously Tapferhund, you really don't get it. People are offended by your post and your only reaction is to pile on the insults. If you want to get angry, how about you direct a little at the irresponsible dog owners that have brought this down on everyone. While you're at it, it might benefit you to realise that you're arguing against a move that many many people in the community will support - the Nazi comparison isn't going to play well with them and in particular with Melbourne's significant Jewish population.

well you will need to be offended by my anology as well. BUT i did not make a comparision to say the acts were identical nor did i place the lives of people on par with the dogs but the similarities do lie in teh underlying argument to justify such draconian acts. that is all and those who will not be affected will do little as it does not upset their little world.

in my shire in qld the council allowed pitbulls to be registered as resitricted dogs 9 along with a hefty payment annually) then six months later changed their stand and demanded that the dogs registered be removed fromteh shire ( remember it is illegal in qld to sell, rehome or relocate a pitbull within the state) or euthanised. In some shires inspectores went door to door looking for pitbulls or pitbull lookalikes.. so forgive me if i get somewhat upset when told that if you registers your dog it will be safe.

h

At the end of WW2 people said we must never ever let this happen again, yet today we see Councils slipping on the Swastika to do what ever they like with people. :mad

That includes council storm troppers entering people's properties without permission and taking their innocent beloved dogs, what is this country coming too. :mad:mad:mad

Edited by tarope

Excuse me?

No it is nothing like Hitler did, but this could be seen as simply the thin end of the wedge. Seize and destroy a breed, then extend that to more breeds then ban dog shows as they are considered ridiculous by many, then start on cats who kill the wild life, and how about poker machines, I am for that, they ruin peoples lives. We live in a free country and people are able to make choices, and sometimes we do not agree with their choices. And the same people who do not adhere to our current laws will continue to do just that regardless of any new dog laws. In addition in case people read this as an ok to the Hitler comment, I am just trying to point out that on screen things may not be read as meant originally.

:) Thank you to those open minded people who see and understand what I was trying to say. I was not trying to be offensive...just trying to point out the similarities.

:cheers:

I got what you were trying to say and agreed :) I thought this was Australia! The idea that one day some hoity toity council officer can come to my door and take my baby away from me just disgusts me! :mad It will happen over my dead body too

At the end of WW2 people said we must never ever let this happen again, yet today we see Councils slipping on the Swastika to do what ever they like with people. :mad

That includes council storm troppers entering people's properties without permission and taking their innocent beloved dogs, what is this country coming too. :mad:mad:mad

They could come into my boy's yard without our permission if they wanted to, but i think they would be leaving pretty quickly lol Honestly tho on a side note, the number of ppl selling things door to door that just walk into our yard despite the sign on the gate warning them that my sheppy lives here and looks after the house is just insane! We keep him around the back of the yard unless we are out there with him for this very reason. One day i even asked this clown if he had read the sign and what the hell he thought he was doing just walking in anyway! I told him i wasn't interested in what he was selling and shut the door on him lol